Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Jan 2018, 14:02 (Ref:3792273)   #301
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Well there were plenty of TCR cars at the Autosport show - a couple did look to be 'confirmed' with drivers names in windows etc but there were a lot with a 'drive available' look about them too.
the motorbase golf has I'm Available actually written on it
Old 12 Jan 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3792312)   #302
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
the motorbase golf has I'm Available actually written on it
I can't find any records of a Mr Available with a suitable racing licence? 😀
Old 12 Jan 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3792326)   #303
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I can't find any records of a Mr Available with a suitable racing licence? 😀
He normally races under the pseudonym 'TBA'
Old 13 Jan 2018, 14:06 (Ref:3792467)   #304
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Well there were plenty of TCR cars at the Autosport show - a couple did look to be 'confirmed' with drivers names in windows etc but there were a lot with a 'drive available' look about them too.
Are you thinking of the Motorbase Golf? (Drivers name I. M. Available...)

Last edited by VIVA GT; 13 Jan 2018 at 14:09. Reason: Sorry, eveveryone must have been posting at the same time!)
Old 13 Jan 2018, 15:25 (Ref:3792480)   #305
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
TCR UK is saved! They finally have the last thing they needed. An official (yes, official) suspension partner (not even supplier) https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...-debut-season/

I'm sure more important news will come out but who needs a suspension partner. Does any other championship around the world have a suspension partner?

Apologies to Öhlins. They'll probably do a great job
BTCC have technical partners as well and they had similar announcements when those were made.
Old 13 Jan 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3792481)   #306
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And WTCC had KW as a partner for ages.
Old 13 Jan 2018, 23:35 (Ref:3792559)   #307
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
TCR UK is saved! They finally have the last thing they needed. An official (yes, official) suspension partner (not even supplier) https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...-debut-season/

I'm sure more important news will come out but who needs a suspension partner. Does any other championship around the world have a suspension partner?

Apologies to Öhlins. They'll probably do a great job
You are new to (auto)sport? It's normal series and championships have sponsors.
Old 14 Jan 2018, 09:37 (Ref:3792635)   #308
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The last time I watched NASCAR they had the "Official Breakfast Cereal" of NASCAR and "Official Male Razer of NASCAR". So..yeah.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 08:03 (Ref:3792812)   #309
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The suspension post is ironic, guys.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3792834)   #310
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so its gone past the biggest launchpad of the year at the autosport show with still no new drivers or teams announced.

nothing surer this series is a dead parrot
Old 15 Jan 2018, 12:16 (Ref:3792866)   #311
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the actual costs pitched to drivers are quite different to originally estimated.

Is TCR UK aimed at the weathy amateur or karting younggun with a career plan? if its the former then it if you were spending your money on this or a GT4 car, telling your family and friends you race a Ferrari or Aston on weekends is a bit more exclusive than saying a Civic or Golf. Dave Bartrum said as much himself when announcing their British GT plans a few years ago.

The career kid gets a nice car but less exposure for backers than an F4/3 or Clio Cup run would do. Its worked well for Josh Files though.

Also is it aimed at teams running fleets, like Century/PYRO/Stancombe of old? or single cars towed behind a van etc?

I fear the UK racing landscape has changed so much in 12 months thats its potential place in the ladder has already disappeared. It'll run this year but for a long term? I'm not so sure.The concept works well abroad because of a lack of quality alternatives in national racing ladders.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 12:17 (Ref:3792869)   #312
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I'm still thinking dead parrot too: even the ill fated B TEC had a driver announced - Kieran Gallagher.

The I M Available Golf might have been for sale rather than looking for a pilot!
Old 15 Jan 2018, 12:39 (Ref:3792873)   #313
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that every single TCR car available in the UK must have been at the NEC for the Autosport show over the last 4 days, on one stand or another.

They look like great cars and they are versatile enough to race in many series from Britcar/ Creventic to more club level stuff such as 750mc Club Enduro or CSCC, where some cars have already appeared.

Expensive hammers to crack the latter club level nuts, though!!! Should be cheaper to run than most GT4 cars, and certainly cheaper than BTCC but no real exposure.

Maybe the organisers should have run the cars as a TCR defined class within Britcar where more than one driver can share costs; teams could then have rented the cars out for other races in between for additional income?

Personally I hope that TCR UK does succeed as I do think there is a need for a multi-marque step between Clio and BTCC but maybe not this year?
Old 18 Jan 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3793602)   #314
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crocker confirmed.
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...-civic-type-r/
Old 18 Jan 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3793605)   #315
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's only two drivers announced for WTCR so far so do all the doom and gloom merchants think that's a dead duck as well.
Old 18 Jan 2018, 19:00 (Ref:3793610)   #316
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
There's only two drivers announced for WTCR so far so do all the doom and gloom merchants think that's a dead duck as well.
no because its an existing series with existing teams and drivers, just a new format and was only announced 6 weeks ago. WTCR will have a full grid.

TCR UK is a new series and was announced 5 months ago. since then less than a handful of real announcements.
Old 18 Jan 2018, 22:36 (Ref:3793666)   #317
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not really a surprise to see Crocker entered. Nice to have some announcements, finally.
Old 18 Jan 2018, 23:04 (Ref:3793673)   #318
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Still not enough ATM, we’ll have to see how many more announcements there are at the end of the week
Old 20 Jan 2018, 23:16 (Ref:3794066)   #319
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I think that every single TCR car available in the UK must have been at the NEC for the Autosport show over the last 4 days, on one stand or another.

They look like great cars and they are versatile enough to race in many series from Britcar/ Creventic to more club level stuff such as 750mc Club Enduro or CSCC, where some cars have already appeared.

Expensive hammers to crack the latter club level nuts, though!!! Should be cheaper to run than most GT4 cars, and certainly cheaper than BTCC but no real exposure.

Maybe the organisers should have run the cars as a TCR defined class within Britcar where more than one driver can share costs; teams could then have rented the cars out for other races in between for additional income?

Personally I hope that TCR UK does succeed as I do think there is a need for a multi-marque step between Clio and BTCC but maybe not this year?

I agree, we need more multi marque championships. We have too many one make series, which may be good for drivers and engineers but is dull from a spectators point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 Jan 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3794125)   #320
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, it's good to have another multi make championship. One make championship is good, but they are only so many ATM
Old 23 Jan 2018, 20:27 (Ref:3794603)   #321
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of interesting PR coming through now. Tarquini wants to be part of WTCR, but also is keen to take part in the odd event in TCR UK!

https://www.touringcars.net/2018/01/...ider-uk-return
Old 24 Jan 2018, 13:13 (Ref:3794732)   #322
S griffin
Veteran

Well that would be something to see, I'm sure he'd receive quite a welcome. Remember his funny pronunciations of English names? We loved him for it
Old 24 Jan 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3794802)   #323
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So we have news of TCR UK's TV coverage: Highlights on Sky Sports, Front Runner and Motortrend on Demand.

The races (including support races) will be shown on Facebook.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3794806)   #324
touring fan01
Veteran

and still only 3 confirmed entries so far according to Motorsport News today.
its a dead parrot.

to try to save face i think they will just include a class in britcar for the handful of cars they might end up with.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 20:08 (Ref:3794810)   #325
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JW Bird Motorsport have put up a picture to show off their new purchase, a 2017 VW Golf GTi TCR.

They have raced in VW Cup and British GT in recent years.