Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:10 (Ref:628296)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Team Nasamax & the "Top Ten"

On the official Le Mans site, thee is an article on Team Nasamax today...

One of their drivers is quoted as saying that "a Top Ten finish is a possibility" this year...

I've joked about drinking some of the Nasamax "Environmentally-friendly Fuel" on a couple of other threads, but I'm concerned that these guys are actually passing a Ball Jar of that stuff around in their garage if they think for one minute that a "Top Ten" finish for them is even a remote possibility....

Either that, or June 11th is kinda like "April Fool's Day" in the U.S., and they are pulling our leg...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:18 (Ref:628305)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
haha!

Top-Ten?

Do they think that the entire GT class is going to retire?
Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:22 (Ref:628308)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I suppose the guarded response is to say that anything could happen, but it certainly sounds pretty unlikely to me. Having said that, I'd have no objection to them surprising me.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:23 (Ref:628311)   #4
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps they meant top ten in class - even that seems unlikely, but who knows?

I'm amused especially by Bentley's pride at their 'class victories' in 2001 and 2002 - quite some achievement, especially last year!!
Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:48 (Ref:628363)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In class?

Hmm, and there was me thinking they were the only one's in the "nature friendly" class.... (Or even the 200mph brewery class)
Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:49 (Ref:628366)   #6
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTW, Aysedasi:

The alcohol in the tequilla cooks out of my chili when you simmer it for hours like I do...

That added twist is from a recipe that the Unser Family uses to make chili...the stuff is so hot that you do have to wash it down with beer though...but it does taste great...

I'll be sure to pace myself this weekend...don't want to miss any action....after all, it is an endurance race...

Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:50 (Ref:628368)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
That was from a Fuel Thread...sorry about getting things off track...

Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:52 (Ref:628370)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
BTW, Aysedasi:

The alcohol in the tequilla cooks out of my chili when you simmer it for hours like I do...

That added twist is from a recipe that the Unser Family uses to make chili...the stuff is so hot that you do have to wash it down with beer though...but it does taste great...

Sounds mighty fine to me Tim - if I have chilli (or a curry), it needs to be hot - no point otherwise.....

Best stay near to the "facilities" though, if you're hitting the chilli and the beer......
Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:54 (Ref:628373)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Double Trouble...they call it Montezuma's Revenge" south of the border

Old 15 Jun 2003, 14:33 (Ref:631968)   #10
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
It seems the car suffered from the same type malady! Honestly, they did face adversity after adversity to try something new, and kept peddling it until everything was used up. The certainly put on a much better effort then Norma.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 15:32 (Ref:631991)   #11
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had hopes for NASAMAX to finish, I like the idea of Bioethanol or even methanol power- it work for champcars, i wonder what got bodged up?
Old 16 Jun 2003, 14:49 (Ref:633034)   #12
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Heat issues. I guess, since they were looking at a quick startup, they went with something that had some similarity to the CART chassis that was well known (ie Reynard). Unfortunately, the changing weather conditions, the extra bodywork, and other factors meant that they never could get the most out of the package.

Next time they should go with a chassis that's made by an operating manufacturer (Dallara, Lola, even R&S?).
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James