Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 27 Apr 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3729448)   #26
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
I just hope one of the venues isn't Tierp, a Swedish racing circuit that wants to hop on the bandwagon of IMG with a "world class rallycross track" ...

Tierp is a venue I don't have much like for and if they were to replace Höljes then they will have killed off a little bit more of Swedish and international rallycross.

At least then the Swedes could be ****ed off, stand up and save the RX for all others in the end
Old 27 Apr 2017, 10:40 (Ref:3729453)   #27
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is a lot of land at Tierp, but only a dragstrip. and I can't think they could use any of that for a rallycross track.

And though they have a lot of land, I would think much of it is used for car parking at the few big events there, which would be a difficult thing to build dirt onto as most of it looks like grass.
Old 27 Apr 2017, 10:52 (Ref:3729455)   #28
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
There is a lot of land at Tierp, but only a dragstrip. and I can't think they could use any of that for a rallycross track.
I think it's more than just a drag strip isn't it? I thought STCC goes there (went there?). certainly the 'stadium' section is based around the drag strip but I'm pretty sure there's a 'proper' circuit there.

Edit: Shoddy picture now attached!
Attached Thumbnails
tierp.jpg  

Last edited by BertMk2; 27 Apr 2017 at 11:00.
Old 27 Apr 2017, 11:34 (Ref:3729460)   #29
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tierp is building a rallycross track desgined by Tommy. Like many other venues they have seen the rise of rallycross and wants to be a part of it.

Cemoni Olsson, owner of the track, didn't want say what sorts of competitions they might hold. According to him though the track will have international standard and will be able to host ERX and WRX (standards are quite low though IMO nowadays). Further he said they "need too be better than their neighbour", and I'm pretty sure he is referring to Höljes.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3729870)   #30
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My guess is that in the next few years the ERX and WRX are splitting...
other dates, other tracks?
Old 29 Apr 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3729871)   #31
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mivec View Post
My guess is that in the next few years the ERX and WRX are splitting...
other dates, other tracks?
With RX lights as support class for WRX?
Old 29 Apr 2017, 13:45 (Ref:3729889)   #32
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is NO WAY IMG will let ERX split from WRX.

Reason? How many do you want? The driving force is cash.

Money, they pay substantial fees to IMG to race, for tv, internet etc. That boosts IMG coffers, the money does not go to the tracks, maybe a small amount.

Money 2: It looks far better and is easier to sell tickets if you can say there are 40 cars entered, not the reality of only 20 odd WRX registered cars.

Money 3: you will see junior teams soon, Hansen, VW, Ford etc will all run junior teams in WRX and the privateer will be squeezed yet further.

RX 2 is not a support class, it is a training class. The cars bear no relevance to anything you will drive after, as they are mid-engined, spec formula and non turbo, it trains you no better for WRX than S1600 or Rwd, But they are not IMG designed classes so get the short straw.

The only thing that will create a new ERC series is if guys like Scott, Larsson and a few others get fed up of being treated like second class citizens on the undercard.

And even then, IMG will be aggressive and ruthless to defend their position, I doubt you would be able to race both series, so you cold not likely do ERX and ERC. You certainly would not be able to race at current WRX tracks (though who would want to when there are so many better others)

I can't see it happening, but if it does the drivers will force it, not IMG they have far too much money to lose. and WRX has not got enough teams and drivers and is not established enough yet to warrant them pushing them out, even though they have now marginalised ERX to the net only.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3729893)   #33
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
There is NO WAY IMG will let ERX split from WRX.
Creating a 2nd tier circus, more tracks that need a contract with IMG. At the end more money for IMG.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 14:00 (Ref:3729894)   #34
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
BTW the WRX live stream and on-demand stream are this season not available in The Netherlands.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 15:58 (Ref:3729919)   #35
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
With VPN I could watch live and stream from iPhone to Apple TV, but this didn't work when I wanted to rewatch the event later.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 17:25 (Ref:3729926)   #36
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This thread is actually about the Belgian round at Mettet. Where's Koen Pauwels these days? Coox car not World legal? Jos Jansen jacked it in?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 29 Apr 2017, 17:26 (Ref:3729927)   #37
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if the "Hola Better Internet" on Google Chrome still works, but that used to be successful in masking your location. Worth a try. Get a good Malware protectión though. I think its a bit riddled!
Old 29 Apr 2017, 17:31 (Ref:3729929)   #38
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
This thread is actually about the Belgian round at Mettet. Where's Koen Pauwels these days? Coox car not World legal? Jos Jansen jacked it in?

I think they either didn't enter or where not selected? MDK was selected and was thrilled about it.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 18:30 (Ref:3729934)   #39
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The limited number for WRX is 25 cars I believe and for ERX 30. The WRX guys don't want to be hindered by single entries.

But maybe they feel that they don't stand a chance? Their efforts and inputs are quite different from the regulars in WRX.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 23:57 (Ref:3729974)   #40
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cars from coox and Jansen are not allowed to drive in WRX because of the ECU system. Zo they van drive ERX but no WRX.
Mettet is only WRX.
Apart from that i dont know of the wanted to start if the cars were legal.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 00:00 (Ref:3729976)   #41
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Livestream isnt available in the Netherlands because Ziggo sport have the rights to broadcast it.
Last year it was on livestream with pure luck.
So when there is a broadcaster in your country you have no livestream.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 03:44 (Ref:3729999)   #42
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
And that sucks in 3 ways: 1. You can never ever see Rallycross live as the broadcast is a day later, 2. You get a short highlights program, 3. You can never ever watch the full Rallycross live show again as even after the broadcast on TV is long gone, the rights will not be altered.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 05:26 (Ref:3730007)   #43
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post

Koen Pauwels is concentrating on his son's karting career i think.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 07:45 (Ref:3730020)   #44
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
Hmm I wonder what these wildcard selection criteria are then

Old 30 Apr 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3730025)   #45
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I havent atched a round so far and do not miss it.

there are plenty of sports I can watch other than WRX, and if they want to put it on a rubbish channel then so be it, I just will not watch it.

It's the same with MXGP, they put that on at stupid times and with hideous quality so i just don't watch it anywhere.#

even the dodgy streams are awful with motors tv
Old 30 Apr 2017, 09:00 (Ref:3730027)   #46
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mivec View Post
Koen Pauwels is concentrating on his son's karting career i think.

Wasn't Koen Pauwels one of those involved in the creation of the WRX and getting also things to Mettet? So another one part of changing things and now hardly in the scene anymore?
Old 30 Apr 2017, 10:23 (Ref:3730035)   #47
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think so yes, Scott, Doran, Pauwels.

Driven out by costs, but karting is probably as expensive as WRX season!!
Old 30 Apr 2017, 10:34 (Ref:3730038)   #48
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
chunder it strikes me you have strong opinions on something you admit you don't watch. I think the quality of the WorldRX offering is fantastic, in terms of reliability of the cars, close finishes, general excitement, social media offering (future of tv is online) has improved exponentially over recent years. As a formula or product it's fantastic - rallycross always has been but it's now aligned to the commercial world we live in. Why don't you try it?

Old 30 Apr 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3730040)   #49
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
You think that? Whatever gave you that impression!

I don't try and hide it fella, it. I don't think car park racing on awful fake tracks is necessary. When there are some great tracks already in place where you could really expand the sport in lots of areas.

WRX is all about money and making money for a sports promotion company.

They have a huge open window because of the issues facing F1, WEC and WRC, the previous standard bearers in terms of motorsport.

They are just throwing a bunch of money at a sport that has been amazing for many decades, better in fact than it is now.

Some of it is very good, but I worry for the future that's all.

And I have been watching rallycross since 1985 so my opinions, good or bad are more valid than most!

And I do need to balance out the love about WRX that seems to pervade on here at times. As do they about my views.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 11:33 (Ref:3730050)   #50
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
How do you know the sport was better than it is now when you don't attend WorldRX meetings or watch it now? If it makes IMG loads of money (not seen their accounts) but the rallycross is top draw then so what, they're taking a slice of what they've helped create/advance/evolve. Are people voting with their feet and stopping to go watch World or EuroRX. Are more people watching it online than ever before??...

Football is a great game at all levels. Many argue the premier league with all the money has ruined football. But hundreds of millions of people watch it and find it exciting but it took years to build it from when it started. Teams promoted teams relegated. In football people hanker back to the past, old stadiums, retired players, but the world moves on. The players are getting better. The quality of the league improves with the number off teams challenging. Like in the premier league there aren't many easy games, just like there are no easy heats in WorldRX in my view.

Will you give it a go and watch it?