Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Dec 2002, 13:59 (Ref:448340)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Arrows buyers pull out

Story from www.autosport.com

Behring pulls out of Arrows

Future looking increasingly bleak for Arrows

The Arrows Formula 1 team's fortunes have taken another substantial blow as stories coming out of Germany report that Oliver Behring, the man behind German Grand Prix Racing, has broken his contact with the team.

Behring was trying to broker the sale of the team to a group of Arab investors, but recent events, chiefly the FIA's refusal to grant the team an entry into the 2003 F1 championship, has brought an end to the German's involvement and places the team's future in great doubt.

"The deal with Arrows is off, and I see no other deal for Arrows," Behring told Spiegel. "And because it's by now too late, I see no future for the team at all even if they still get a license to drive next season."

Arrows is currently in the midst of a High Court dispute with investment bank Morgan Grenfell, which should be settled at some stage next week. If Arrows loses the case it is likely that the team, which last week laid off all its staff, will be liquidated.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 22:36 (Ref:450060)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You were of course assuming that the investors mentioned were actually seriously committed to the process..

The cynic in me wonders whether a Phoenix Finance type deal could be resurrected for a 2003 Arrows invasion??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Dec 2002, 02:40 (Ref:450143)   #3
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Future looking increasingly bleak for Arrows
What an understatement!.
Old 15 Dec 2002, 03:00 (Ref:450144)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Whatevr may happen, I think one thing is very real and staring all the staff who havn't been paid for months:- the Arrows franchise is gone. They will not be able to sell their place on the grid to anyone, only the bits and pieces left in the sheds; just like Prost. And the creditors will grab everything and still not be able to meet most of the debts. This is sad but it is final.
Old 15 Dec 2002, 06:53 (Ref:450190)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Arrows is dead. And it's been over for a long time now. It's worse than a soap opera now.

I think it's about time to start shovelling in the dirt...
Old 15 Dec 2002, 08:39 (Ref:450224)   #6
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Whatevr may happen, I think one thing is very real and staring all the staff who havn't been paid for months:- the Arrows franchise is gone. They will not be able to sell their place on the grid to anyone, only the bits and pieces left in the sheds; just like Prost. And the creditors will grab everything and still not be able to meet most of the debts. This is sad but it is final.
the staff has been fired 2 weeks ago
Old 16 Dec 2002, 19:23 (Ref:451337)   #7
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Arrows is dead. And it's been over for a long time now. It's worse than a soap opera now.

I think it's about time to start shovelling in the dirt...

I think the team was pretty much dead after Hockenheim, and Walkinshaw didn't have the guts to admit it and kept trying to cover it up.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 20:48 (Ref:451377)   #8
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the team already had problems more than a year ago, but Tom denied it, Jos still has'nt recieved his pay for the 2nd half of 2001.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 21:05 (Ref:451387)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think the staff were given notice they wouldn't get paid, Steve. I guess the quiver is empty of Arrows.