Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Apr 2004, 05:24 (Ref:930528)   #1
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bahrain Scrutineering Report

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press...4/bahrain.html

The scrutineers report, which is usually filed soon after the race, has not yet been posted.

Has Jo Bauer found something illegal and subject to penalty/appeal?
Old 5 Apr 2004, 06:15 (Ref:930558)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I heard a rumour that the top 12 cars were all found to be under-weight
Old 5 Apr 2004, 14:16 (Ref:931087)   #3
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is sandblasting covered in the tech regs?

EDIT: it appears to be up but clicking on it accomplishes nothing

Last edited by avsfan733; 5 Apr 2004 at 14:16.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 14:27 (Ref:931105)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by avsfan733
is sandblasting covered in the tech regs?
They will have to change the rules for Bahrain then...

Quote:
EDIT: it appears to be up but clicking on it accomplishes nothing
Same here
Old 5 Apr 2004, 16:58 (Ref:931246)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It doesn't seem to be up yet, or maybe it's a broken link.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 21:04 (Ref:931546)   #6
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe he was walking past the McLaren garage on his way to file the report and it caught fire.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 21:43 (Ref:931589)   #7
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Old 5 Apr 2004, 21:45 (Ref:931595)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
An electrics fire, presumably.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 01:03 (Ref:931706)   #9
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lol.The ferarris were maybe found to be illegal BEFORE the race and the fia is trying to work out how on earth they'll get out of THAT one, ROTFLMAO
Old 6 Apr 2004, 01:28 (Ref:931715)   #10
avsfan733
Veteran

....and it begins
Old 6 Apr 2004, 03:17 (Ref:931769)   #11
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The longer it takes the more unfounded speculation will rise.

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 6 Apr 2004 at 03:19.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 06:21 (Ref:931852)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
....and it begins
Chill avs, just a little fun from the looks of it.

Great sig btw, i love that song
Old 8 Apr 2004, 22:38 (Ref:934810)   #13
avsfan733
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Chill avs, just a little fun from the looks of it.

Great sig btw, i love that song
Just having alittle good natured ribbing at the conspiracy boys

Thanks on the sig yours ain't to shabby neither

It appears to be up now so i guess that ends that
Old 13 Apr 2004, 13:45 (Ref:938312)   #14
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I heard details of one of the cars being underweight...but it was ignored as the parts lost where as a result of a racing incident!...That never worked ever for us in Junior British or in International karting! Underweight even by a gram!...was exclusion, no appeal! In fact in British karting you were expected to have a minimum of 2 litres of fuel left after a race in the karts tiny fuel tank for checking purposes!..."One rule for one etc....
Old 13 Apr 2004, 14:14 (Ref:938343)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've heard that reason for being underweight used before (and successfully). Nothing to worry about IMHO.

(not that it makes any difference), but which car? *tries to think who had contact* Sato?
Old 13 Apr 2004, 14:16 (Ref:938347)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sato lost a part and so did JPM when his gearbox let go.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 14:27 (Ref:938362)   #17
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, well, I've heard similar reasons too, and to no avail. Coulthard had a faulty bodywork (front wing) in Brazil a couple years back, and was promptly DQed. The reason given was that Macs should've called him and replace the faulty part.

This is rather stupid actually, the rules clearly say that the car shall comply to the rules at every given moment during the weekend. I agree that they DQed Coulthard in 2000, I do not agree that they let those ones go. And since we're at it, I do believe that they should scrutineer all cars that classify, not only the point scorers. What if someone is DQed for a minor offense (like losing a bit of a wing; by the way, BAR seem to regularily lose the "gurneys" from the rear wing, or at least have them loose), the 9th placed car is promoted in points? But since noone bothered to check the car he/they might be blatant cheaters and we'd never know.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 14:41 (Ref:938373)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I remember that DC one, at the time I was suprised. Perhaps it depends on how it was lost? Comedy, I agree!

As for checking all of them yes they should do. Also, you never know, a 9th place may be used in a countback when teams or drivers were on the same points.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 14:46 (Ref:938382)   #19
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think that the weight rule is one of the only regs in the FIA rulebook that is not open to interpretation and is easy to enforce! If you put 'em on the scales and they are light, it's a DQ! Shouldn't matter if it was because a part fell off, the driver used the toilet, or the refueling rig didn't dump enough lead BBs in at the last stop... If you're light you're light!

Old 13 Apr 2004, 14:47 (Ref:938385)   #20
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Actually all point scorer cars were not Ok, bar Fissichellas's. All of them had much too worn undertray planks.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 14:51 (Ref:938394)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Fisi's second win then!
Old 13 Apr 2004, 14:52 (Ref:938396)   #22
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
In Brazil too!
Old 13 Apr 2004, 14:57 (Ref:938400)   #23
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Micheal Schumacher shedding Barge Boards at OZ last year?

Blash, Whiting and Bauer suddenly go blind
Old 13 Apr 2004, 15:00 (Ref:938405)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Was Michael underweight in Australia 2003 then?

I'm not sure we need another Ferrari consipiracy bash thread...
Old 13 Apr 2004, 15:01 (Ref:938409)   #25
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
They called him in, they removed the bargeboards (subject to DQ if not a black flag suring the race) and filled him a bit more fuel though it wasn't neccesary. (Hmm, I still think that the car should be weighted without any single drop of fuel, oil or whatever other fluid.)