Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 4 Feb 2007, 16:28 (Ref:1833266)   #1
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can someone confirm which Sky channel it's on please? Watched a replay of quali last night and got up at 3 to watch it the races this morning but couldn't find it on Sky Sports (only had two out of the four sky sports channels though as was in a hotel). Don't normally watch it but SS was only showing football or cricket on the channel we thought it was on...
Old 4 Feb 2007, 16:33 (Ref:1833270)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It will have been on SS3. But it is repeated on SS2 I believe?
Old 4 Feb 2007, 16:36 (Ref:1833272)   #3
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well home now so too late, but sure checked on SS3 and it was just cricket or football. Though must have just missed it as was half asleep, so bit annoyed with myself now - thanks for clarifying for next time!
Old 4 Feb 2007, 16:37 (Ref:1833273)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Sky move it around all over the place. You really need access to all four channels.

It's on 3 now, for instance and, if you feel inclined, it will be on Xtra at 2.00am tomorrow morning!
Old 4 Feb 2007, 16:40 (Ref:1833276)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
I had hoped as we don't subscribe to Sky Sports channels at home that we would be able to see it, but obviously not!

How good is the coverage? For that and a couple of other series may just be worth getting SS but would rather hear if coverage is good (or not!) first...
Old 4 Feb 2007, 16:45 (Ref:1833279)   #6
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
In my opinion, it's very good indeed. Ben Edwards and John Watson make an excellent commentary team and the camerawork is excellent, too. Pit-side, I think Lee McKenzie's great and Simon Hill's not bad either. The studio stuff tends to be a bit bland, but this weekend they had Andy Priaulx in there, which helped.
Old 4 Feb 2007, 17:04 (Ref:1833290)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The studio stuff is on a par with Indycar Series, i.e. awful. Even the ever-smiling Andy Priaulx can't elevate it beyond dreary status as eye candy Georgie Thompson or Keith "I'd rather talk about bikes" Heuwen drone on and on with banal questioning and general blandness. For Beijing they had a special studio guet that made it even more painful.

But the race coverage is cracking. Uninterrupted, great commentary, marvellous Sky Sports picture quality.....a joy! Well worth paying for.
Old 4 Feb 2007, 19:25 (Ref:1833422)   #8
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
It's been a while since we're had a thread on this (infact, a quick search couldn't even find it, but I know we've talked about it before), so might as well split this out
Old 4 Feb 2007, 21:46 (Ref:1833504)   #9
Suze
Veteran

England
Thanks Asp

I enjoyed the quali portion which I saw on Saturday, but wasn't sure on the race stuff. Will have to investigate the cost of SS for A1GP / other stuff I want!
Old 6 Feb 2007, 09:11 (Ref:1834551)   #10
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Side noting a little, the Sydney round had Alan Jones and the reporter wondering at the front of the grid, talking to drivers, seat holders, etc in a Martin Brundle gridwalk fashion.

Really enjoyed it, has this been a feature at all the rounds (well not with AJ but you get the idea)
Old 6 Feb 2007, 13:30 (Ref:1834695)   #11
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
The studio stuff is on a par with Indycar Series, i.e. awful. Even the ever-smiling Andy Priaulx can't elevate it beyond dreary status as eye candy Georgie Thompson or Keith "I'd rather talk about bikes" Heuwen drone on and on with banal questioning and general blandness. For Beijing they had a special studio guet that made it even more painful.

But the race coverage is cracking. Uninterrupted, great commentary, marvellous Sky Sports picture quality.....a joy! Well worth paying for.
Said it all there.

I was kind of hoping Sky might have found a proper motor racing presenter by now. Georgie isn't that good at all really and whilst I think Keith is a great presenter for the bikes, his lack of interest in anything not bike related is (and has always been) obvious.
Old 6 Feb 2007, 15:41 (Ref:1834748)   #12
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
It's worth mentioning that all the stuff Kowlesy doesn't like (and I agree) comes from Sky. All the good stuff is the world feed, which is what everyone else sees, so respect to A1GP for getting that right.
Old 6 Feb 2007, 17:34 (Ref:1834823)   #13
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
....and whilst I think Keith is a great presenter for the bikes, his lack of interest in anything not bike related is (and has always been) obvious.
I've got to agree, while he's a fantastic caller of the BSB (and previously World Superbikes & Grand Prix bikes), it's never really extended into cars (anyone heard his voiceover of the 1991 Le Mans 24 Hours for Eurosport?)

Got to applaud Ben Edwards research into the details, how else would he know anything pre-race singer Ricki-Lee Coulter
Old 6 Feb 2007, 17:44 (Ref:1834833)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Side noting a little, the Sydney round had Alan Jones and the reporter wondering at the front of the grid, talking to drivers, seat holders, etc in a Martin Brundle gridwalk fashion.
I usually enjoy Alan Jones, but found him tedious during Eastern Creek. I can only listen to someone saying "you've blown us off" so many times.
Old 6 Feb 2007, 22:20 (Ref:1834984)   #15
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hay, you'll never hear me complaining about Georgie and Lee McKenzie being on the tv, even if what they say is just drivel.
Old 6 Feb 2007, 23:06 (Ref:1835012)   #16
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Georgie is more eye candy than anything, but Lee knows her motor racing. It's just a shame some drivers don't respond to her natural charm. At least it made Oli Jarvis stumble over his words!
Old 7 Feb 2007, 23:31 (Ref:1835849)   #17
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
If you're in the UK, you don't necessarily have to have Sky Sports to watch the races, but you will need a video recorder of some description - and be patient!

There was a highlights programme on Channel Five this morning (Wednesday) at 4.00am! It caught the most important moments and even included the interview of the top three after the feature race, which the Sky programme did not.