Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Sep 2014, 15:52 (Ref:3453587)   #251
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The official 2014 British GT driver standings:

1 - Marco Attard - 148.5
2 - Michael Caine/Ahmad Al Harthy - 138
3 - Alexander Sims - 129.5
4 - Jon Minshaw/Phil Keen - 121.5
5 - Jonny Adam/Andrew Howard - 98
6 - Gary Eastwood - 91.5
7 - Pasin Lathouras - 74
8 - Matt Bell - 58.5
9 - Rory Butcher - 55.5
10 - Tom Onslow-Cole/Paul White - 53.5
(Tom Sharp/Colin White ended the season with -5pts!!!!)

GT4:

1 - Ross Wylie/Jake Giddings - 207.5
2 - Andrew Jarman/Devon Modell - 190
3 - Bradley Ellis/Adrian Barwick - 140
4 - Tom Oliphant/Rick Parfitt Jr - 121.5
5 - Morten Dons/Aleksander Schjerpen - 104

Another brilliant season from what is arguably now Britain's best domestic series. Hopefully the talked-about live TV coverage becomes reality
Old 15 Sep 2014, 16:04 (Ref:3453589)   #252
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Phil Keen had a busy weekend - he won a race in a Lister on Friday evening at the Goodwood Revival before darting up north to Donington. Serisously talented driver
Old 15 Sep 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3453623)   #253
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
"Arguably"? What are the other options again? :P
Old 15 Sep 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3453630)   #254
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well there is this touring car championship thing called the BTCC which has some pretty good grids and drivers to match
Old 15 Sep 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3453635)   #255
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
With GT4 potentially out of the picture for next year, I wonder if BGT should introduce subclasses a la BES to its GT3 field and thus allow for all pro entries at the top of the field again. IMO being a pro/am only affairis the one point that really holds it back from being considered a premier series in the UK but also on the European GT3 playing field.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 20:56 (Ref:3453678)   #256
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Technically they already do have a gentleman's category, which Marco Attard obviously won this year. The other thing is that all-pro lineups (Firth/Hughes and Al-Harthy/Caine) have to have a 75kg ballast hit.

Re: BTCC, I can't remember the last time a British Touring Car driver actually moved to something else and ripped it up on a bigger stage. Huff maybe? When I see Jordan or Sheddon really performing against international stars I'll give them some credit (Sheddon was fast at Bathurst last year, but I want to see more). Maybe unfair, but at the moment it means nothing to me. Hopefully we'll see Jordan race the Aston sometime next year.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 22:20 (Ref:3453705)   #257
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
With GT4 potentially out of the picture for next year, ......
Who says? Or do you mean having stand alone races.

Looked like there was a very close and entertaining battle in GT4 from where I was, particularly late on at the Melbourne hairpin.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3453813)   #258
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, meant stand alone races...
Old 16 Sep 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3453823)   #259
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Re: BTCC, I can't remember the last time a British Touring Car driver actually moved to something else and ripped it up on a bigger stage. Huff maybe? When I see Jordan or Sheddon really performing against international stars I'll give them some credit (Sheddon was fast at Bathurst last year, but I want to see more). Maybe unfair, but at the moment it means nothing to me. Hopefully we'll see Jordan race the Aston sometime next year.
Don't forget that Jordan won the British Rallycross championship before going to Touring Cars (and was on the podium in the UK round of World Rallycross this year too in a guest drive) so he can pedal other stuff. Tom Onslow-Cole has moved from BTCC to GT this year and seems to have acquitted himself quite well.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 09:22 (Ref:3453840)   #260
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Johnny Adam also moved from BTCC to become a star in Brit GT.

Another great day's racing at Donny, could only stay for the race itself but it was a cracker again, both classes had some close racing.

Star drive from Matt Bell of course and Nick Tandy showing his class as soon as he got in the Porsche.

Ahmed Al Harthy did seem to have done all he could to claim that title and it's sad for them that they couldn't quite close it out, but very happy for Ecurie.

Can't wait for next season now.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 19:44 (Ref:3454049)   #261
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Johnny Adam also moved from BTCC to become a star in Brit GT.
Jeff Smith also moved from BTCC to British GT this year.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 20:05 (Ref:3454055)   #262
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
AJ raced at Daytona last season in the 24h support race and led the race before car issues set in iirc, Shedden was fast at Bathurst, and Turks was mega in the occasional cameo he made in 2010-12 before he got a BTCC again.

Rob Austin is a British F3 winner from the good days, Plato a FR Eurocup champ, Darren Turner is now an Aston works driver, the grid itself is better than the WTCC in depth...

...so yeah, BTCC is pretty good. British GT has the grids but I agree about the pro drivers.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 22:55 (Ref:3454501)   #263
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was the flaggie just before the Esses this weekend (where they turned left and right onto the GP loop).

The GT race was brilliant for so many reasons. Hard but fair driving, drivers actually taking notice of what we were doing (meaning they didn't do anything daft under yellows), brake disks glowing so hot we could see them when the sun was shining, actual *racing*, beautiful cars (MSport and United, I'm looking at you here) and a deserved outcome.

That's my 3rd British GT meeting this year. I look forward to more of the same next year!
Old 18 Sep 2014, 04:14 (Ref:3454563)   #264
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
OK, happy to admit my post wasn't accurate about some of the BTCC drivers; thanks for the education. Just hope a few more of them make the switch to proper cars soon enough
Old 18 Sep 2014, 06:41 (Ref:3454583)   #265
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
I guess it's an opinion about "proper cars!" But both grids are fantastic and I hope that it can at least be this good for both series next season!
Old 26 Sep 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3457952)   #266
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG76 View Post
I've uploaded a few photos from the weekend, thanks for looking!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/992298...7647122282935/
Fantastic photos, thanks for sharing and bloody well done!