Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 May 2000, 19:32 (Ref:1446)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Liz:

Incidentally, Rubens is now saying for public consumption that the problem was caused by his not being able to drive in the rain. Which for anyone who was watching that race, is clearly rubbish.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Er. No Liz. He was useless in the rain but he's been like that in every race this year. Silverstone. Led by slowing the pack down, but not as good at it as the master, GV. Brazil, couldn't pass the macaroon until it got a problem.

Sorry but the guy is a victim of his own publicity. He just can't cut it at the sharp end. He can make an average car look reasonable but even then he outfumbled himself.

OMHO, he's just one more good No 2 driver. Never will be nor could he cope with being, a good No 1.

Old 22 May 2000, 21:20 (Ref:1447)   #27
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter, I recomend you take a look at Monaco 97 and Donnington 93 to judge Rubinho's skills on the wet. Not forgeting that his pole position in a car that was usually a 4th row.

Rubinho must know now that he did a mistake moving to MS's team.
Old 22 May 2000, 22:02 (Ref:1448)   #28
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For god's sake folks - get a life. Why the hell would any team want to go to all the effort and expense of running a top-line Grand Prix team, only to sacrifice it by playing silly *******s with their drivers ?

You want to be careful listening to JSN and his cronies - you're all starting to sound like him
Old 22 May 2000, 22:55 (Ref:1449)   #29
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean they're not doing it. Check the tax laws for examples of same.

Old 22 May 2000, 23:03 (Ref:1450)   #30
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, right, whatever. I suppose it must all be down to the mafia's linkup with the German goverment, then ?
Old 23 May 2000, 00:43 (Ref:1451)   #31
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes this is the new way teams operate. I can share some inside information. DC was really one a one stopper but McLaren made him pit anyway to make sure he was behind Mika. Apparently last year DC found a kill-switch in the McLaren pits linked to his car, and therefor Ron Dennis has found a new way to destroy DC races. He has never liked David so he would rather risk the WCC than making him succesful.

But McLaren and Ferrari aren't the only ones, I know for fact that at least 5 more teams have done this regulary for years.
Old 23 May 2000, 02:16 (Ref:1452)   #32
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, Bernie does it. He's got all the master switches in his motorhome and he cackles maniacally during races while he completely screws up the point spread.

Some day it will all be told. Meanwhile we can enjoy our little theories.
Old 23 May 2000, 03:06 (Ref:1453)   #33
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fatbloke- Ferrari couldn't care less about the second car. Who ever it is, they are just a tool to get the number one car to the championship. As I mentioned before, Ferrari has a long history of playing some crazy games with their drivers, including sacrificing positions in order to gain or protect the number one.
Old 23 May 2000, 06:28 (Ref:1454)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry folks but I feel it necessary to confirm my opinion in the context of this thread.

Whilst the majority seem to think that, once again, Ferrari have screwed an excellent driver, I am afraid I think they have just used a good driver for the team's best interests. However, if said driver was an EXCELLENT driver, they would find it a lot more difficult to "use" that resource.

To repeat. I think that RB is not that good. He was certainly not very committed on Sunday and this reflects his performances in previous races this year.

To use previous seasons only compares him to other good midfield drivers so I don't think its relevant do you?

There is no conspiracy just a team with a goal and a big budget to justify.
Old 23 May 2000, 06:37 (Ref:1455)   #35
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AL Racing:
Ron Dennis has found a new way to destroy DC races. He has never liked David so he would rather risk the WCC than making him succesful.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know Mika is the favourite boy at McLaren, but Ron Dennis destroying DC's races??? And if he dislikes him so much, why has DC been driving for the team for five years? Why does he keep being hired? Just asking.

Regarding Barrichello, a good point was made by Redneck. The only reason for Ferrari to do this would be to block Mika from attacking TGF. That makes some sort of sense. Other theories don't.
Old 23 May 2000, 22:52 (Ref:1456)   #36
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari have a big ego, the whole team. Rubens simply challanged this.

Honestly, I don't think they are deliberatly messing with RB, they simply aren't paying as much attention to chassis No.2. Less development, less attention, sloppy work.
Old 23 May 2000, 23:56 (Ref:1457)   #37
Liz
Veteran

Who cares if it's true or not? It's making for good gossip!

Yeah, sometimes an asassain is just a nut with a gun, but sometimes it IS a conspiracy.
Old 24 May 2000, 00:22 (Ref:1458)   #38
AL Racing
Racer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I know Mika is the favourite boy at McLaren, but Ron Dennis destroying DC's races??? And if he dislikes him so much, why has DC been driving for the team for five years? Why does he keep being hired? Just asking.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do the clerk ask for your phone number when you buy batteries?? I don't know...

Old 24 May 2000, 03:02 (Ref:1459)   #39
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, lets have a run through of the arse hole team owners/managers there are:
1. Williams: Goes out of his way to destroy Zanardis career. What was he thinking when he dumped Hill and Villeneuve (and others) once they were proven winners? It was obviously because he didn't want to win.
2. Ferrari: Spent thelast 5 years screwing over the number 2 drivers, because they hate their guts and would never want them to win.
3. McLaren: Hates Coulthard, but keeps him employed because it makes their favourite boy Mika look good.
4. Benneton: Flavo is a prick that nobody likes because he is so mean and nasty, and he is retaining Wurz, to ensure that his team isn't competitive.
5. Prost: keeps providing dangerous eqipment in the hope that he kills one of his drivers.
6. BAR: See Prost, but only trying to kill Zonta.

Sorry folks if you cant read my sarcasim.
Can you tell me why teams persist if:
-they hate one driver and hope that he doesnt win
-they want to kill their drivers
-Why do they bother with 2nd cars if they are rediculously inferior to the top ones just because they don't like the top driver?

i dont know....
gees people
Old 24 May 2000, 22:24 (Ref:1460)   #40
AL Racing
Racer

Why indeed...
It's just is Crash Test, it's just is.

No, seriously, I agree totally, obviously I'm teasing a bit. I think all consprirasies in this thread is nonesense. But as Liz said, it's fun reading. But the Ferrari/Barrichello thing is getting a bit boring...
Old 24 May 2000, 22:49 (Ref:1461)   #41
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A friend gave me a copy of yesterday's S*n newspaper, not a paper I'd normally read.

In the sports section, there's a half page on Schumi and Ferrari. Apparently, Michael Schumacher's Ferrari has been 100% reliable since Melbourne '98!!! That's 32 races!

What about Silverstone '99? I thought he had brake failure? I even heard some German fan had his photo's developed and it showed a flat tyre before he left the tarmac!

Anyway, apart from that little indescretion, Schumi's car has been pretty reliable. What I want to know, is how many times has 'the other Ferrari' broken down? Whether driven by EI, RB or Salo, it has to be a fair few times since the beginning of '98.

This has to show MS has the primary car with fewer in-race development parts. It may not be the conspiracy theory, but it goes a long way to explaining Rubens situation.
Old 25 May 2000, 00:08 (Ref:1462)   #42
Liz
Veteran

Actually I think Eddie said that at least once last year, that sometimes there are only one set of some new part and the 2Car gets those parts to try out because nobody cares if he wins or not, but his feedback over a race distance is very valuable.

The 2Car pilote is a reserve -has to be good enough to take up the banner if the primary guy is hurt or otherwise falters, and to get constructor points if possible ... but not good enough to challenge for the 1Car job and dilute the points too much. And he should be better looking than the 1Car but his wife should not.