Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Feb 2015, 05:33 (Ref:3505060)   #1
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pirelli World Challenge Rounds 1 & 2: COTA

The first two races of the Pirelli World Challenge season are finally almost here, March 6-8 at Circuit of the Americas!

The series was incredible last year with the introduction of the GT3 machinery, and this year looks like it could be even better.

COTA will mark the debut of Cadillac's new GT3 car, it will be the first race of KPax and Flying Lizard's alliance to run the McLaren 650s and Dyson Racing will be embarking upon their first full season of running the Bentleys.

As it's still a bit early, some of the information, like Weather and the Entry List aren't complete yet, but here are some links anyway.

Schedule

Entry List

Live Streaming (WC TV site)

Live Timing & Scoring

Track Map

Weather (Racecast Weather site)

Series Twitter Account

Last edited by joeb; 3 Mar 2015 at 14:42.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 18:47 (Ref:3506258)   #2
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess this lineup will debut at COTA:

http://sportscar365.com/world-challenge/estre-thorne-confirmed-at-k-pax-racing-with-flying-lizard-motorsports/

Kevin Estre and Robert Thorne in the KPax/Flying Lizard McLaren 650S GT3s!

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 18 Feb 2015 at 18:56.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 20:18 (Ref:3506298)   #3
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Cant wait to see the 650S's. Great looking cars.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 00:33 (Ref:3506402)   #4
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Cant wait to see the 650S's. Great looking cars.
Same here.
Last years 12Cs were absolutely gorgeous!
Old 19 Feb 2015, 00:38 (Ref:3506404)   #5
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really looking forward to this event. So many exciting new cars and teams this season, it will be incredibly difficult to predict the winners.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 03:17 (Ref:3506443)   #6
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Really looking forward to this event. So many exciting new cars and teams this season, it will be incredibly difficult to predict the winners.
Agreed! I think there's going to be a lot of race win contenders, although the most difficult session to guess could be qualifying for the first race!

The KPax/Flying Lizard lineup looks pretty quick, wouldn't be surprised to see one of the two McLarens starting first.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 04:36 (Ref:3506466)   #7
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Really hope we see more GT3 Vipers.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 18:21 (Ref:3506726)   #8
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Sounds like Nissan's GT3 Godzilla will be making it's World Challenge debut at COTA as well! Davidson & Heitkotter for an Always Evolving with AIM Autosport 2 car effort.

http://www.racer.com/pwc/item/113591...son-heitkotter

Edit: Posted in the series thread, from Sportscar 365, numbers will be #05 and #33.

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 19 Feb 2015 at 18:41.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 01:59 (Ref:3506888)   #9
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nuttin' but dem 'Lacs
Old 20 Feb 2015, 02:11 (Ref:3506891)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not a fan of the circuit. I think I saw the race from 2013 (geez, i had to look it up as i thought it was last year), and only liked the cars. I am really thrilled about the series' direction and looking forward to the event. I may even get to watch some live, at least I would like too. Think everything i watched last year was delayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Nuttin' but dem 'Lacs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bq1GR0YVxs
Old 20 Feb 2015, 03:57 (Ref:3506917)   #11
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Not a fan of the circuit. I think I saw the race from 2013 (geez, i had to look it up as i thought it was last year), and only liked the cars.
Ya, the COTA short track sucks.

Full GT3 spec on the big track should be pretty good... the cars with a lot of top end speed will be able to make passes on the 2 long straights (Bentley, Mercedes, Nissan, McLaren... and probably Cadillac) and everyone else should be able to throw it down on the rest of the track. Really a toss up for who will have the advantage.... I'd imagine the strongest drivers will be at the front.

-mike
Old 20 Feb 2015, 12:23 (Ref:3506998)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post

Full GT3 spec on the big track should be pretty good... the cars with a lot of top end speed will be able to make passes on the 2 long straights (Bentley, Mercedes, Nissan, McLaren... and probably Cadillac) and everyone else should be able to throw it down on the rest of the track. Really a toss up for who will have the advantage.... I'd imagine the strongest drivers will be at the front.

-mike
Good insight, mike. What COTA has going for it is it's the first circuit of the new year for this group. I can watch just about anything through rose tinted glasses at this point in the season.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 14:43 (Ref:3507064)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post

-mike
So not the TCB class?
Old 20 Feb 2015, 14:57 (Ref:3507067)   #14
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
The TC classes were pretty entertaining 2 years ago when they ran the short course I've heard. As long as the pack(s) can stay together/relatively close, they should be allright on the long course as well since they'll have close to 50 cars on track at once. GT/GT-A/GT Cup should be hoot!
Old 21 Feb 2015, 00:39 (Ref:3507236)   #15
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Cool video from Effort Racing, good way to get in the right mood for the season opener!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLOWrawe2ts
Old 21 Feb 2015, 22:20 (Ref:3507491)   #16
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really looking forward to this race and to the entire season. There's so many good cars to cheer for. Everything but the Ferrari anyway.
Old 23 Feb 2015, 17:38 (Ref:3508081)   #17
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like work will take me into that area for the race. With the explosive growth of this series, should I buy tickets before hand? I don't want to show up and find out they are sold out.

Is there a ten tenths compound somewhere at the track? If so, where is it? I went to Miller last year and couldn't find it. How many here are going?
Old 23 Feb 2015, 19:58 (Ref:3508119)   #18
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For anyone headed to this event, we'll be hosting an event with GTSport Racing where you can grab a cup of coffee and mingle with some drivers. Details here: http://nasportscar.com/fuel-up-caffe...rld-challenge/
Old 23 Feb 2015, 22:27 (Ref:3508177)   #19
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Paddock pics from testing @ CotA:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...g-at-cota.html
Old 24 Feb 2015, 04:51 (Ref:3508252)   #20
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
New livery for at least one of GMG Racing's Audis, from the same test at COTA.

Quote:
GMG Racing @GMGRacing · 3h 3 hours ago Here is your first look at one of our Audi's for the 2015 @wcracing season! At @circuitamericas doing… https://instagram.com/p/zdynigykoq/

Old 24 Feb 2015, 11:34 (Ref:3508356)   #21
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdriver2009 View Post
Looks like work will take me into that area for the race. With the explosive growth of this series, should I buy tickets before hand? I don't want to show up and find out they are sold out.

Is there a ten tenths compound somewhere at the track? If so, where is it? I went to Miller last year and couldn't find it. How many here are going?
Unless they're capping ticket sales at a couple thousand, I think you'll be okay buying at the gate.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3508511)   #22
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're doing PWC pick 'ems again. COTA is coming up quickly, get your picks in! http://nasportscar.com/2014-pwc-pick-em/
Old 25 Feb 2015, 03:57 (Ref:3508660)   #23
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
I was just looking at the COTA entry list and it's been updated with the Nissans and KPAX Lizard McLaren drivers.

It also features multiple previously unannounced cars/drivers

Mike Skeen returns to the #2 Audi.
A TBA entry in GT, Reiter Lamborghini perhaps?
Jorge De La Torre in a De La Torre Racing Aston GT3 (#4) for GTA.
Mark McKenzie in a second TRG Aston GT3 (#09) for GTA.
Two TBAs in GTA, could be Lamborghinis?

http://www.world-challenge.com/image...ry-List-v4.pdf
Old 25 Feb 2015, 13:27 (Ref:3508815)   #24
Coach Ep
Veteran

yeah, total number of entries up to 110 and there could be a couple more, mainly in GT(A), perhaps the second Ferri M'sport Ferrari and - like you said - 1 or 2 Lambos.

Looking at the numbers in the different divisions, it would make more sense to let the Cup Porsches run with the GTS class, the GT(A)/GT cup combo now has almost 50 cars while GTS sits on a much leaner 20.
Old 25 Feb 2015, 15:30 (Ref:3508865)   #25
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Running a spec class ahead of a non spec class doesn't make much sense, either. So I can see where they are coming from.