Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What will Ross do? (in your opinion)
Go to McLaren 4 10.53%
Go to another team 1 2.63%
Stay at Ferrari 16 42.11%
Retire 17 44.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 May 2004, 12:51 (Ref:961437)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Ross Brawns future?

Ok, Ok, it's a slow news week on the motorsport sites, but just chatting with our esteemed moderator Wrex about the future of Ferrari and Ross Brawn once Michael retires.

I was reading an article in F1Racing, which they admitted was unlikely to happen, but were speculating about the possibility of Ross moving back to England and going to McLaren, with Kimi going the other way to Ferrari!

Do you think this is a possibility, do you think he will just retire? or maybe go to another team (other than McLaren)?

Of course, he could always stay at Ferrari, i'm sure they would do all they could to keep him there!

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by Mr V; 5 May 2004 at 12:54.
Old 5 May 2004, 13:14 (Ref:961468)   #2
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ross phoned me up the other day complaining it was a bit too easy and wanted to get involved in competition again.

Soooo he is moving to Merseyside and run our 95 Swift in the NW series. He's off fine wines and Italian food. He's having pie and chips (with curry sauce) and drinking pints of mild.

And lastly, but don't tell anyone, he has poached the entire Vodafone budget for us as well.

That will be cakes all round then Diz!

Last edited by kartingdad; 5 May 2004 at 13:15.
Old 5 May 2004, 13:35 (Ref:961500)   #3
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

I doubt Ross will join another team, but stranger things have happened. I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to retire when Michael does, but of course we don't know when that'll be yet!

Maybe he'll follow Jean Todt... he's just been made Managing Director of Ferrari Cars, i.e. the whole car company, not just the F1 team.
Old 5 May 2004, 14:02 (Ref:961518)   #4
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it a career after his current Ferrari contract is up. He's got to be around 50-ish and hasn't be missed a race or two over the past couple of years due to poor health?

Personally I just can't imagine him at McLaren and/or working under Ron Dennis and Adrian Newey. But still there is the old saying that there are no common friends in F1, only common interests.

It depends what Ross wants I suppose. Other teams would surely take him and now would be a good opportunity to sign a big money deal for another team. For if nothing else, it would be a nice little nest egg for when he does retire.
Old 5 May 2004, 14:16 (Ref:961528)   #5
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I chose retire because he will have to some time, i doubt he will go on for an infinate period of time, but "Stay at Ferrari" also was the same answer, for how long is the important bit.

I can't see Ross Leaving and going to another team. Even McLaren, with all of their money and people handling skills wont be able to get Brawn over there. He has had some health problems of late, so once his Ferrari contract is up, i doubt he will bother to make a fresh start at a new team at his age.

He has a family as well, so i am sure someone who has achieved what he has will only want to settle down and enjoy life.
Old 5 May 2004, 15:11 (Ref:961564)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Most arrogant man in F1 - I hope we see the back of him.
Old 5 May 2004, 15:13 (Ref:961566)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Don't beat about the bush K-B, say what you mean
Old 5 May 2004, 15:29 (Ref:961588)   #8
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he's certainly earned the right to be arrogantif you can call him that.

i don't suppose Ferrari will want to see him go when Michael retires. it'd be better for continuity if he stays a for another season or 2.

in any case, with the new changes, F1 will be but a shadow of what it is now, maybe it would be better if he does call it quits and let some snotty faced kid take over glorified Karting1.
Old 5 May 2004, 15:39 (Ref:961609)   #9
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Absolute bs!

Of course, I wholly support your right to express that opinion...!

For those who don't have a dictionary handy, arrogance is to believe one is superior without real justification. In Ferrari's (and Ross's) case, they really are superior, so arrogant he is not...
Old 5 May 2004, 15:57 (Ref:961624)   #10
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only reason i can see him moving is if he is bored of being at Ferrari and winning so easy and wants to test his fighting skills again by going to a rich struggling team... i.e Mclaren...

i have a feeling though that he might stay atleast till MS's retirement...
Old 5 May 2004, 16:32 (Ref:961660)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think he will move team and to a British one. I can't see him calling it a day as I think he's got years left in him. As an engineer, he will fancy a new challenge and his family, supposedly, would love to go back to Britain: so why not move to McLaren or Jaguar or something?
Old 6 May 2004, 09:43 (Ref:962332)   #12
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The promotion Todt got to general director at Ferrari, will disclose new upgrading chances for many who currently hold lower positions, Ross at first.
If he stays, he can get Jean's current job, and that's a very attracting opportunity IMO.
Old 6 May 2004, 10:15 (Ref:962352)   #13
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RB did say he wanted to work for Jaguar Racing in the future, that was only last year he said that too. He worked for Jaguar in sportscars, and would help build the F1 team up too. I would think that would happen after MS has retired, if JR are still in F1, of course...
Old 6 May 2004, 11:30 (Ref:962412)   #14
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
The promotion Todt got to general director at Ferrari, will disclose new upgrading chances for many who currently hold lower positions, Ross at first.
If he stays, he can get Jean's current job, and that's a very attracting opportunity IMO.
Spot on - I hadn't thought of that...
Old 6 May 2004, 12:30 (Ref:962483)   #15
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Surely you're thinking of RD?
Old 6 May 2004, 12:31 (Ref:962485)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No. Ron Dennis is not arrogant. I think Ron is a great man.
Old 6 May 2004, 12:42 (Ref:962495)   #17
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
DR?

Old 6 May 2004, 13:30 (Ref:962530)   #18
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Ross Brown is a little arrogant. He thinks he is the best engineer out there. I am not sure whether he will retire alongwith Michael, I do believe that when Michael hangs his boots, Brown will give it a serious thought as well. He is what he is today because of Michael Schumacher. Thats why a critic once said:

"Ross did not make Michael, Michael made a Ross Brawn".
Old 6 May 2004, 14:24 (Ref:962582)   #19
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the impending departure of RD (yes very possible at the end of the year according to many with F1 circles, aparently), perhaps Mclaren will need a new leader.
Old 6 May 2004, 14:27 (Ref:962585)   #20
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just teasing, KB - although he's not my fave guy. I wish he'd smile once in a while.
Old 6 May 2004, 14:37 (Ref:962595)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

I saw him in a talk show from Christmas time. He was pretty level headed and although speaking from a superior position came across as an enthusiast. A bit like RD. So I guess it would be in his mind to take on another challenge if he feels like it. I don't view him as a "Barnard" or a "Newey" in terms of engineering, but more as a "Head" (Patrick). The perception can change of course but his smile when Button got his pole last time out appeared genuine.
Old 6 May 2004, 14:47 (Ref:962601)   #22
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he will continue working for Ferrari until he retires.
Old 6 May 2004, 14:48 (Ref:962602)   #23
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by freud
I think Ross Brown is a little arrogant.
confident
Old 6 May 2004, 14:49 (Ref:962605)   #24
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When MS retires Roos willprobably give him his job, and take what now is done by Jean Todt; this is the most likely hypothesis.

About him passing to Jaguar, nobody has mentioned that, round Jaguar's headquarter he would never find the same excellent food he gets at maranello wherever he may go for a lunch.
Considering Ross' tonnage and his eating attitude this kind of detail cannot be underestimated
Old 6 May 2004, 14:54 (Ref:962608)   #25
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
About him passing to Jaguar, nobody has mentioned that, round Jaguar's headquarter he would never find the same excellent food he gets at maranello wherever he may go for a lunch.

Considering Ross' tonnage and his eating attitude this kind of detail cannot be underestimated
Although the buffet lunch at Jaguar Racing HQ was very nice, I think I know what you mean...

P.S. tonnage ??? That's usually reserved for ocean liners, but seems curiously relevant!...