Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Jan 2016, 20:38 (Ref:3602612)   #2551
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
The DeltaWing is just such an ugly beast, the coupé worse than the spyder.
Old 6 Jan 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3602619)   #2552
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
D-wing back fulltime, besides Sean Rayhall wasting his considerable driving skills in it no real news but this I like!

Fixed this post for you.

I'd like to see the beast on the track again (in historics, obviously).
Old 6 Jan 2016, 22:11 (Ref:3602637)   #2553
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm... just a thought... could we see a Panoz DPi-body in case not enough 'real' manufacturers turn up?
Old 6 Jan 2016, 22:22 (Ref:3602643)   #2554
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Fixed this post for you.

I'd like to see the beast on the track again (in historics, obviously).
Murcy Bowkoo!

Yeah, where are those awesome spiders anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Hmm... just a thought... could we see a Panoz DPi-body in case not enough 'real' manufacturers turn up?
Not the most obvious choice but sure, why not?
Old 6 Jan 2016, 23:49 (Ref:3602657)   #2555
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't mind seeing a Panoz DPi, as long it has a big V8 up front.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 01:36 (Ref:3602679)   #2556
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing a Panoz DPi, as long it has a big V8 up front.
The problem is that the 4 chassis (Ligier, Oreca, Riley and Dallara) that can be used to make a DPI are all designed for rear mid engine.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 02:05 (Ref:3602685)   #2557
Rcz
Veteran

United States
IMSA will probably have to make exceptions eventually, just like in GTE

There's no way that rule is going to work in IMSA.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 02:12 (Ref:3602687)   #2558
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
IMSA will probably have to make exceptions eventually, just like in GTE

There's no way that rule is going to work in IMSA.
Maybe they should admit the chassis of Class 1 cars (DTM, Super GT)
Old 7 Jan 2016, 02:44 (Ref:3602695)   #2559
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Murcy Bowkoo!

Yeah, where are those awesome spiders anyway?
There was a fellow in Virginia that had one and occasionally took it out to VIR but that was 7-8 years ago. Haven't heard of one since. I love those things; that's my favorite car of all time.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 03:55 (Ref:3602707)   #2560
Rcz
Veteran

United States
I mean are people really just going to buy a dpi just to rip off the aero just to run LeMans? Might as well just buy a ACO p2 car instead.

I think IMSA will just give certain cars like the DW waviers to compete.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 10:22 (Ref:3602745)   #2561
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The cars will share chassis and other important parts. Only things that need to be changed are bodywork and engines. Which, granted, that's still a big sum of money to spend on taking a car and racing it in one series or another due to differing bodywork and engine regs.

And I do feel that I need to say that in recent day I've been depressed and frustrated, and at time times, motorsports has provided me with a sens of frustration over the year, especially the past decade or so.

So I'll say this: If you like what you're seeing, appreciate it now. Because it might be gone in a short while and replaced by something less likable.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 13:55 (Ref:3602783)   #2562
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
The cars will share chassis and other important parts. Only things that need to be changed are bodywork and engines. Which, granted, that's still a big sum of money to spend on taking a car and racing it in one series or another due to differing bodywork and engine regs.

And I do feel that I need to say that in recent day I've been depressed and frustrated, and at time times, motorsports has provided me with a sens of frustration over the year, especially the past decade or so.

So I'll say this: If you like what you're seeing, appreciate it now. Because it might be gone in a short while and replaced by something less likable.
They'll be able to run IMSA engines at Le Mans if they choose. So just bodywork changes.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 14:03 (Ref:3602786)   #2563
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could see a team that's serious about Le Mans just run an engine without the manufacturer bodywork. It would keep them from having to learn a new car just for Le Mans, which is the most important race they could be in.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3602793)   #2564
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
They'll be able to run IMSA engines at Le Mans if they choose. So just bodywork changes.
Probably easier said than done, that body switch, particularly if the OEM has made bigger changes or even got waivers from IMSA...

And bop changes...

Don't forget tires switch unless they want to compete against LMGTEs with the trash Hoosier Contis...

They are also magically required to clone themselves for Test Day while Detroit is going on.

Shank isn't bothering to bring even their own vanilla Oak at LM next year but instead just rented second chassis. So effectively it's all pointless...
Old 7 Jan 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3602795)   #2565
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Dude, I can understand you're down a bit right now, a little winter blues happens to a lot of us after all but posting the same message in 3 different threads?
Come on! Get some sunshine and cheer up - go to Daytona in a couple of weeks!
Old 7 Jan 2016, 17:09 (Ref:3602825)   #2566
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:

If this is strictly referring to the IMSA series what do we do if we don't like what we are seeing???
Old 7 Jan 2016, 17:37 (Ref:3602837)   #2567
Coach Ep
Veteran

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/fi...r-full-season/

Seems Ferrari is taking Ford's challenge somewhat serious.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3602847)   #2568
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Ford vs Chevy vs Ferrari vs Aston vs Porsche. GTE/GTLM is really shaping up nicely.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 18:09 (Ref:3602852)   #2569
Coach Ep
Veteran

Yes, especially in IMSA.

And we could see up to 15 cars in Pro for LM!! (4x Ford, 2x Corvette, 3/4x Ferrari, 3x Porsche, 2x Aston)

Too bad the Vipers are gone...
Old 7 Jan 2016, 18:50 (Ref:3602860)   #2570
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
If this is strictly referring to the IMSA series what do we do if we don't like what we are seeing???
YOU'RE GOING TO WATCH IT AND YOU'RE GOING TO LIKE IT OR I'LL TURN THIS FORUM AROUND
Old 7 Jan 2016, 19:23 (Ref:3602867)   #2571
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There needs to be a balance here. There is ample opportunity to discuss any aspect, good or bad about any series, car or driver. However simply repeating the same thing over and over again, in many threads and every day drowns out the other aspects of the sport. Some of these other aspects might not be as important and you might not want to discuss it, but allow others the opportunity to discuss it.

Sportscar is a multi-faceted discipline with above average fan base because of this. However some days you would not tell around here.

I know this will go unheard. Although all I am saying is why not embrace a varied discussion and also be thoughtful of others. This latter part is not something people do well on the Internet.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 20:28 (Ref:3602884)   #2572
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/fi...r-full-season/

Seems Ferrari is taking Ford's challenge somewhat serious.

Wow. The dream team of Vilander and Gimmi split up? Is the sky falling? Good for Risi though, that's a very strong pairing.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 21:17 (Ref:3602899)   #2573
Coach Ep
Veteran

I'm hoping Ferrari will add new signing Sam Bird to Risi's line up for Daytona and Sebring, that will make them even more serious contenders.
Old 8 Jan 2016, 11:29 (Ref:3603023)   #2574
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Any word on the BMW M6?
Old 8 Jan 2016, 13:04 (Ref:3603047)   #2575
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Any word on the BMW M6?
In which way? There are currently 4 at Daytona testing, 2 in GTE and 2 in GT3.