Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jan 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3702947)   #26
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wehrlein has signed for Sauber. Toto clearly didn't read the letter (or he chose to ignore it...)
Old 16 Jan 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3702948)   #27
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Wehrlein has signed for Sauber. Toto clearly didn't read the letter (or he chose to ignore it...)
And Massa has signed for Williams.
Old 16 Jan 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3702999)   #28
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Bottas has signed for Mercedes.....officially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 Jan 2017, 21:42 (Ref:3703021)   #29
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Okay, when talking about Bottas' speed and I am not referring to his pace around the track, I often notice his car is fastest in the speed traps. Correct me please if I am wrong, but why is that?

It's because Williams doesn't make as much downforce as the other cars and has a MB engine. Similar to how FI cars topped the speed charts for a while with Sutil. He was not that good a driver, just a slippery car. Bottas will slow at top end but pick up pace in the factory car
Old 16 Jan 2017, 23:07 (Ref:3703038)   #30
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Probably A combination of the car's design, it's strong engine and him being quicker out of the preceeding corner than Massa.
That sounds good to me Adam, the doctor is in the house...
Old 16 Jan 2017, 23:42 (Ref:3703041)   #31
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It will be interesting to see what Valtteri can do in the Merc, I think he will be super quick myself..
Old 17 Jan 2017, 12:37 (Ref:3703129)   #32
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new Mika Hakkinen.

Old 17 Jan 2017, 12:55 (Ref:3703133)   #33
richy01908
Rookie

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
richy01908 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure once VB has settled in will keep Lewis on his toes, and pick up some race wins.
With PW, a risk that LH would win all the races if the Merc as dominant as last year.
Hopefully Red Bull and Ferrari, and maybe McLaren closer to Merc this year - looking forward to a great year
Old 17 Jan 2017, 13:23 (Ref:3703139)   #34
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He reminds me more of Mika Salo than a Hakkinen, to be honest. Decent, but nothing special.
Old 17 Jan 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3703145)   #35
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Remember that Salo would have been a GP winner with Ferrari in 1999 if he hadn't given it up for Irvine.
Old 17 Jan 2017, 15:04 (Ref:3703162)   #36
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He'll win GP's for sure, but I don't see him challenging Lewis, which is a real pity.
I hope I'm wrong though!
Old 17 Jan 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3703173)   #37
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
A lot of people on here decrying Bottas. Give the guy a chance...
The Williams was hardly a good car last year and he knows he has to deliver the goods very quickly, or get sacked from Merc.
I don't think he is a slouch and will give Lewis a run for his money.
Old 17 Jan 2017, 16:41 (Ref:3703174)   #38
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm ready to give him a chance, as this season we'll see how good he really is
Old 17 Jan 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3703225)   #39
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
A lot of people on here decrying Bottas. Give the guy a chance...
^^^ This.

I don't want to even pretend that I can predict how things will work out. Many seem pretty sure they have a crystal ball that can predict the future.

I have opinions like anyone else. Who knows what will happen. My thoughts are that I would be surprised if he proves to have been a poor choice and hold open the option of him keeping Lewis on his toes. Time will tell. It may be in interesting season.

Richard
Old 19 Jan 2017, 07:30 (Ref:3703504)   #40
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
There's also an element of a driver can only do as well as his team needs/wants him to. Contract stipulations and stuff like that.

Whilst there is no doubt at all of Bottas' talent - he is perfectly capable of race wins and supporting a constructors title bid - he may have signed a no.2 only deal if it's just for 1 year.

This reminds me a bit of Steve Johnson at McLaren in '87.....
Old 19 Jan 2017, 19:11 (Ref:3703624)   #41
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

This reminds me a bit of Steve Johnson at McLaren in '87.....

Who's Steve Johnson?
Old 19 Jan 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3703625)   #42
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Who's Steve Johnson?
I think his stage name was more like Stephan Johannson
Old 20 Jan 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3703821)   #43
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, Johansson at the time seemed a bit of a stop gap before Senna came in 88. And that was replacing the retired Rosberg too!