Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 May 2000, 15:31 (Ref:779)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After a 'couple' of incidents on the track - the Schumacher's aren't on speakers.

Will this one run and run or will brotherly love prevail ?

Didn't I read somewhere recently that MS said he didn't attack as hard if it were is brother he was 'fighting' with.....

Now that the Willams is gaining speed (much to the surprise of most people - including me!), I guess the two in close proximity is going to be a regular occurence.

Who will win the battles in the end, MS or will Ralf show his brother who's boss ?
Old 8 May 2000, 15:58 (Ref:780)   #2
DNF
Rookie

DNF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon that if the Williams continue their rise we will continue to see the Schumacher 'feud' and we will see that Ralphie will turn out to be as good, if not better than his big bro.

If Rubens doesn't get his act together and start attacking for positions I think that soon we could see Ralf and Michael driving for the Ferrari red. Now that would be worth watching.
Old 8 May 2000, 17:33 (Ref:781)   #3
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael has said himself that he is "more fair" towards Ralf than to other drivers.

Had the situation been that Ralf had a comfortable lead over Rubens then Michael would have let Ralf through once he was alongside.

As it was he did exactly the right thing in my opinion and forced Ralf wide to allow Rubens through.

As Michael said, It was Ralf who started the move. He was just unfortunate about the time and place he chose to try to pass Michael.
Old 8 May 2000, 19:28 (Ref:782)   #4
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is a big difference between racing hard and forcing avoidable contact. MS made no move to hold his racing line and deliberately moved outward on RS. Had this been the other way and RS moved MS out of the way for Button to come through there would have no end to the hue and cry spewing forth from MS supporters, the FIA, and the race stewards. But as it is MS doing the questionable it is considered a great and bold stroke by MS in a show of support for his team and teammate.
Old 8 May 2000, 20:09 (Ref:783)   #5
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motoring News printed this last week (May 3):

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Ralf Schumacher will no longer make any concessions to his brother Michael in Formula 1 races. The pair tussled on the opening lap at Silverstone, and a BMW insider has said: "Ralf was matter-of-fact. He made it clear that he was prepared to risk an accident with his brother rather than allow him by."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess Michael reads Motoring News then!
Old 8 May 2000, 21:47 (Ref:784)   #6
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dunno what all the fuss is about really. They both drive for different teams, neither of which is paying them to be loyal to each other.

If I was team boss to either of them and thought they were making concessions to the other one, then I would be most unhappy!
Old 8 May 2000, 23:42 (Ref:785)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard it is only Ralfie that has his handbag out. TGF is reported to be unfazed by the ire of his brother and advises him to "get over it." He is probably right.
Old 8 May 2000, 23:57 (Ref:789)   #8
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Micheal will push his brother harder to show that their is no consessions maybe?

How long till they take each other out?

In the next two years I think 1 thinks the other will be brotherly and it turns out they dont?
Old 9 May 2000, 00:08 (Ref:786)   #9
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this is a sign of things to come, as BMW Williams's preformance increase, they will clash more often.

I'm not saying that MS was wrong in what he did, but I can understand why Ralf is angry. A podium may not be a very special thing for MS, but Ralph on the other hand, worked for his third he has every right to be p-ssed.

Can you imagine the next Schumacher family get together!
Old 9 May 2000, 00:32 (Ref:787)   #10
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In my opinion, I think Michael was aggressive and the move was dangerous,' its was a very real possibility that we could have seen three cars launched into the air.
However, the fact that Michael drove so aggressively against his little brother is testimony to the fact that Ralfie is now perceived as a threat. Once the little brother gets that first win, he'll be a victory machine.
Old 9 May 2000, 09:18 (Ref:788)   #11
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched the two-part Peter Windsor interview, and Ralfie and Michael acted like two soft Schues. There didn't seem to be any animosity whatever between them, and they freely spoke of being very competitive behind the wheel but brothers who enjoyed each other's company away from racing.

I didn't find it surprising at all that they diced wheel to wheel at Catalunya. I would have expected no less from two intense competitors.

All the better for Rubinho, was it not?
Old 10 May 2000, 03:49 (Ref:790)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brett, could you run that last sentence by me again? I am sure I missed something there.

Reports were that TSB (The Schumacher Boys) were supposed to go home in the same helicopter but departed separately, at least one of them in a major snit. Of course it may have all died down by now ... heat of the moment and all that.

And since when is it some kind of major surprise that TGF is trying to shove people off the track? He sort of does that a lot, doesn't he?
Old 10 May 2000, 07:58 (Ref:791)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yeah he does a bit...can't wait until the last race of the year...
Old 10 May 2000, 08:34 (Ref:792)   #14
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I be saying that

One say Ralph will say Hey its micheal He won't be hard on me he is my Bro then Micheal will say no way Kiddo then they will crash get out of their carz and micheal will give Ralph a Wegie
Old 10 May 2000, 23:00 (Ref:796)   #15
Sparky
Veteran

1. I have an 11 year old daughter,
2. I watch the Simpsons,
3. I spend (almost) every waking moment at this BB.

I couldn't ask for a more twisted outlook on life!!
Old 11 May 2000, 10:04 (Ref:793)   #16
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Give him a what? I think Michael did the right thing, he should be loyal to his team-mate, not to his brother. It was the move of the race!
Old 11 May 2000, 10:40 (Ref:794)   #17
Sparky
Veteran

Wedg'ie, v. (colloq) Sharp vertical movement of underpants esp. while worn, so as to increase tenderness in nether regions (Oh Yeah, I w him good!)

[This message has been edited by Sparky (edited 11 May 2000).]
Old 11 May 2000, 10:53 (Ref:795)   #18
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, you learn something new every day!

Fascinating circles you move in, Sparkster!
Old 11 May 2000, 14:18 (Ref:797)   #19
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hehe. Thanks for the explanation, Sparky!