Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 May 2009, 09:39 (Ref:2472532)   #1
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear WSR

Well done on using the blue flag to hold off Fabian of 2nd.

Laped car should of moved, well done Will.
Old 31 May 2009, 09:52 (Ref:2472534)   #2
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It did look like Dumbo thought he was racing for position, the lines he was taking
Old 31 May 2009, 09:58 (Ref:2472539)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree there but Dumbrell did it all day he did it after his first stop, can't remember who he held up but it was a train of about 3 cars nose to tail.
Old 31 May 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2472547)   #4
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having a go at Paul Dumbrell for doing something stupid is like having a go at someone for breathing. He can't help what he is.

I thought there were some even worse examples of lapped cars not getting out of the way when Ingall and Tander were fighting it out during the closing laps Saturday.

I don't think Symmons Plains suits the 2 compulsory pit stop format as people on different strategies were tripping over eachother all weekend.
Old 31 May 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2472550)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
it was a constant problem all weekend , lapped cars need to move out of the way , I would have punted somebofy for sure
Old 31 May 2009, 10:35 (Ref:2472563)   #6
DJJ
Racer

Last edited by DJJ; 31 May 2009 at 10:37. Reason: double post
Old 31 May 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2472566)   #7
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Having a go at Paul Dumbrell for doing something stupid is like having a go at someone for breathing. He can't help what he is.

I thought there were some even worse examples of lapped cars not getting out of the way when Ingall and Tander were fighting it out during the closing laps Saturday.

I don't think Symmons Plains suits the 2 compulsory pit stop format as people on different strategies were tripping over eachother all weekend.
It helped Will get 2nd. Ruined a good race to the end.
Old 31 May 2009, 10:43 (Ref:2472569)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i really hope it was just stupidity and not some plan to save Will.

think maybe its a rule they need to fix up too.

In Nascar that send the lapped cars to the back of the field in late race restarts, it creates an exciting race, but is it artificial
Old 31 May 2009, 11:12 (Ref:2472587)   #9
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
i really hope it was just stupidity and not some plan to save Will.

think maybe its a rule they need to fix up too.

In Nascar that send the lapped cars to the back of the field in late race restarts, it creates an exciting race, but is it artificial
It was obvious.
Old 31 May 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2472612)   #10
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
....I thought there were some even worse examples of lapped cars not getting out of the way when Ingall and Tander were fighting it out during the closing laps Saturday.
I was discussing this with a friend who suggested that Tander may have helped that perception by looking for spots to overtake where he knew it would be hard for Ingall to follow. Not inconcievable. Everyone knows that SP is a short track, and that the leaders are likely to come across traffic. Remember Tander had to get past the backmarkers as well - why should they just move over to let Ingall past once Tander goes? At least it is a track where is passing IS possible.... imagine trying to do that at Surfers?

Not sure if this is a separate argument, but what would people think of having a "Lucky Dog" like in NASCAR, (mentioned by peckstar) - ie first car not on the lead lap gets it back when there is a safety car?
Old 31 May 2009, 11:47 (Ref:2472617)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
actually rombles thats not quite what i meant (but i am a fan in some ways of the lucky dog)

i was suggesting that if they have a restart within "X" laps of the end they shoudl move all the lapped cars to the back of the field
Old 31 May 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2472633)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i like that, then the front runners are clear to go at it hammer and tongs.
Old 31 May 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2472790)   #13
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not unlap them? Think thats what F1 do (not that i pay much attention to F1 this year)
Old 31 May 2009, 23:46 (Ref:2473013)   #14
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/conten...rst_v8_podium/
Quote:
Dumbrell was a lap down and not racing for position. Walkinshaw Performance runs both Autobarn Racing and Toll HRT. However, Coulthard wouldn’t be drawn on any conspiracy theories, simply saying he was happy to be on the podium.
2+1+1=cheat
Old 1 Jun 2009, 02:35 (Ref:2473073)   #15
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good on WSR, Mr Coulthard and Mr Cruikshank to not blow up a stink and take the 3rd place gracefully, although i certainly agree there would have been team orders over the airwaves, interesting Mr Skaife and Mr Crompton didn't highlight it in the telecast.

WSR are certainly deserved of being my 2nd Fav team behind DJR...
Old 1 Jun 2009, 02:57 (Ref:2473078)   #16
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1 View Post
why should they just move over to let Ingall past once Tander goes?
because they are a lap down and there SHOULD be blue flags waving furiously - get out of the ******* way and stop ruining races. Absolutely pathetic driving standards all weekend.

As for Dumbrell - either he was happy making a goose of himself, or happy to be told to make a goose of himself. Either way ....
Old 1 Jun 2009, 03:04 (Ref:2473081)   #17
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
good on WSR, Mr Coulthard and Mr Cruikshank to not blow up a stink and take the 3rd place gracefully, although i certainly agree there would have been team orders over the airwaves, interesting Mr Skaife and Mr Crompton didn't highlight it in the telecast.

WSR are certainly deserved of being my 2nd Fav team behind DJR...
Your really giving Dumbrell alot of credit there. I personally just thought it was him doing his normal driving routine, i'm sure the same would have happened if it was WD behind.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 03:40 (Ref:2473091)   #18
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe the oversight by the commentary team could be that one of them has a relationship doing rides in PR2 and the other is a brand ambassador?

Dumbrell's driving was pretty poor, especially when he blatantly looked to be holding up the non-factory driver in Ingall. If Ingall gave Murph a "middle one" salute earlier in the weekend, he must have near-on wanted to clobber Dumbrell!!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 04:23 (Ref:2473103)   #19
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I'd be the first one to go for the conspiracy theory regarding Walkinshoddy dirty tactics however ... it is Dumb-Bell we are talking about here! What has changed?

Evidently, he asked his engineer "What are these silvery things on the side of the car and above my head?"
Old 1 Jun 2009, 06:36 (Ref:2473140)   #20
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Maybe the oversight by the commentary team could be that one of them has a relationship doing rides in PR2 and the other is a brand ambassador?
that was my implication
Old 1 Jun 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2473172)   #21
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dumbell was thinking of hey Dave thexton did this, so can I, but he forgot one thing, Dave was a decent bloke, no a goose.

Note to Dumbell look to right, look to the left, look to right again, then if the road is clear of traffic ..................................