Heidfeld 0 0%
Kovalainen 0 0%
Trulli 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Nov 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2786910)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would have to say Button. Good recovery.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2786913)   #27
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Felipe "Rocky" Massa, hit again and again not enough to knock him out, tuff stuff back in the pack. Button carving through the field for a respectable finish but sadly not enough to stay in the hunt for the WDC.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 11:28 (Ref:2786960)   #28
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Vettel for me - absolutely perfect race, the result was never in doubt from the first corner onwards.

Honourable mention for Hulkenberg though, for a cracking pole lap and some really mature defensive driving - once he got the hang of it. Shame he couldn't keep the Red Bulls behind him for a few laps, which might have made it a bit more of a contest.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 8 Nov 2010, 15:01 (Ref:2787068)   #29
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel.
after his pit stop i was half way expecting a slow out lap and Webber to emerge ahead...but to the contrary Vettel put in 2 of the most cracking laps of the race to make sure he stayed 1st.
although i am a supporter of team orders, i must respect Vettel's race crafty under tremendous pressure.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 20:39 (Ref:2787239)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
gave it to hulk, race was not the best perhaps but qualy was brilliant, could not give it to vettel as he has effectively handed the title to Alonso, not the sort of team mate anyone would want
Old 8 Nov 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2787310)   #31
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
gave it to hulk, race was not the best perhaps but qualy was brilliant, could not give it to vettel as he has effectively handed the title to Alonso, not the sort of team mate anyone would want
Not sure how you can give the DOTR to someone who qualified well, but was nowhere in the race, even though Nico's pole lap was mega.

That's like me voting for someone like Caffi or Martini at the 1990 Phoenix GP!!!

Vettel drove a brilliant race and did all that was asked of him this time.

He may very well do the same next weekend but in a different manner.....
Old 9 Nov 2010, 00:25 (Ref:2787380)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
What was Vettel expected to do hand it to Webber instead?
Old 9 Nov 2010, 00:54 (Ref:2787390)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
What was Vettel expected to do hand it to Webber instead?
Yep. Then its a pure sporting contest, whoever finishes in front of the other out of Mr Webber and Mr Alonso would be the 2010 WDC!

Would any other spectator have a problem with this?
Old 9 Nov 2010, 01:04 (Ref:2787393)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Yep. Then its a pure sporting contest, whoever finishes in front of the other out of Mr Webber and Mr Alonso would be the 2010 WDC!

So you think Vettel should have let Webber win in Brazil and give up his own chances of winning the WDC?
Old 9 Nov 2010, 01:10 (Ref:2787395)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Veggie

Quote:
So you think Vettel should have let Webber win in Brazil and give up his own chances of winning the WDC?
I think the RBR team should have taken the longer view and backed one of its players. In this instance, Mr Webber was/is the highest placed pilot in their squad, so the support, and therefore instruction, should have been focused behind achieving the maximum for that selection.

As it stands now, there is a very very real likelihood neither RBR pilot will win the WDC...
Old 9 Nov 2010, 01:25 (Ref:2787401)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I think the RBR team should have taken the longer view and backed one of its players. In this instance, Mr Webber was/is the highest placed pilot in their squad, so the support, and therefore instruction, should have been focused behind achieving the maximum for that selection.

As it stands now, there is a very very real likelihood neither RBR pilot will win the WDC...
They finished 1st and 2nd last year; I think there's all to play for.
Old 9 Nov 2010, 02:56 (Ref:2787431)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
They finished 1st and 2nd last year; I think there's all to play for.
Not if its Vettel/Webber/Alonso in that order...
Old 9 Nov 2010, 04:53 (Ref:2787452)   #38
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
This thread seems to have wandered across to the question of the week! The maths is very simple. What we don't know and won't until the weekend is how the race pans out, if there are any mechanical or accidental incidents and what decisions are taken if the situation arises where they are relevant.

Back on topic, I have given it to Hülkenberg because 1) that brilliant pole lap, 2) he was prepared to give Martin Brundle a clear and lucid interview on the grid, looking him straight in the eye, as Brundle remarked and 4) he then went out and drove exactly as he said he would.

Vettel and Webber got by without too much bother, but I thought it was very impressive how he held at bay both Alonso and then Hamilton. Lap after lap it looked as though Lewis was going to get him into or in the Senna Esses, but every time Nico placed his car perfectly and fairly and denied him.

Ultimately the pace of the Williams was not good enough for more than 8th place, but if ever you wanted an example of how to take your first pole position and then race from there as well as you possibly could, that was it.
Old 9 Nov 2010, 04:57 (Ref:2787454)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Not if its Vettel/Webber/Alonso in that order...
That goes without saying.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 07:20 (Ref:2787920)   #40
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Can't agree on this one.

Webber had it in his control in Korea and just had to podium in the remaining races to guarantee his WDC. His driver error in Korea meant he gave control to Alonso, and Vettel who always qualifies in front of him.

It's not Vettel's fault that he is quicker in qualy than Webber.

Gave my vote to Kamui for putting the car up in good company, and against what Brundle was saying, I thought he made good attempts at defending without actually getting in to contact with people. They didn't appear to be handling the best either.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2787988)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can see that there are at least three threads that are discussing the same subject. Let's read the subject and stay on topic.