Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Feb 2012, 05:19 (Ref:3022971)   #16
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was thinking it would be the upcoming announcement of the Penguin 500 @ Antarctica Raceway.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 05:27 (Ref:3022975)   #17
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with the talk of split broadcast it could be a full race at f1 events ?
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/newsar...8/default.aspx
Quote:
move of the YAS V8 400 at Abu Dhabi to November, where the event will be a support to the Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 05:31 (Ref:3022977)   #18
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about racing F1 support @ Monaco or Spa... I can dream can't I?
Old 8 Feb 2012, 05:37 (Ref:3022979)   #19
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
AutoAction are saying on Facebook they're hearing it's a Japanese manufacturer and a Melbourne team.
Very inneresting... Nissan/Infiniti have been murmured, they have motorsport form, and they have some form of motivation if they are gonna spend big bucks to brand Infiniti here, lets not forget V8s are only behind AFL football and cricket for audience size.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 06:45 (Ref:3022989)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
AutoAction are saying on Facebook they're hearing it's a Japanese manufacturer and a Melbourne team.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 06:48 (Ref:3022990)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
a new manufacturer would be significant Kia is coming
The possibility of an announcement from Kia or Hyundai should not be ruled out... whether its tomorrow or sometime in the future is the question...
Old 8 Feb 2012, 07:00 (Ref:3022997)   #22
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if there coming to Europe?

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 8 Feb 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3022998)   #23
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From our favourite reporter

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226266055787

If 'this' is the signifigant announcement, my post from earlier stands true. Biggest anticlimax of the sport.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 07:13 (Ref:3023003)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
From our favourite reporter

If 'this' is the signifigant announcement, my post from earlier stands true. Biggest anticlimax of the sport.
Mr Phelps is a little light on the details, like not even hinting at who might be running Nissan product in 2013...

Its still a bloody big announcement... and helps build the diversity of brands in the sport. Maybe even Peter McKay wont be able to put excrement on every move V8SA make in the future.... Nah...
Old 8 Feb 2012, 07:21 (Ref:3023004)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Actually... if you thought a little longer about tomorrow's game-changer... I wonder if the TBA round later in the season, and perhaps the announcement of a new brand into the sport may be related....

A stop over at Mt Fuji, Suzuka or maybe even a Tokyo street race might also be on the cards. Or not. Maybe its a Seoul street race, or a run on their F1 track

Too many options not enough announcements
Old 8 Feb 2012, 07:27 (Ref:3023006)   #26
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Actually... if you thought a little longer about tomorrow's game-changer... I wonder if the TBA round later in the season, and perhaps the announcement of a new brand into the sport may be related....

A stop over at Mt Fuji, Suzuka or maybe even a Tokyo street race might also be on the cards. Or not. Maybe its a Seoul street race, or a run on their F1 track

Too many options not enough announcements
That would be what i'd call signifigant. Otherwise its just blah really.
Old 8 Feb 2012, 07:27 (Ref:3023007)   #27
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nissan -

Oops, already posted by Stealthy!
Old 8 Feb 2012, 07:30 (Ref:3023008)   #28
SilverSpeed
Racer

Australia
Australia
SilverSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We know VESI like to blow things out of the water...but this does sound rather big. Either new brand coming in or a new international race after Abu Dhabi this year
Old 8 Feb 2012, 07:37 (Ref:3023011)   #29
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
so who are the melbourne based teams

HRT have a Holden contract.
KR, an obvious and already discussed team
GRM, a previous link to Chrysler, but that doesnt mean anything
FPR have a Ford contract for next year

it really does have to be Kelly's 4 cars team ready to go
Old 8 Feb 2012, 07:37 (Ref:3023012)   #30
Alco
Rookie

Alco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hmm.........how about a Melbourne based Nissan dealer that has previous history racing Nissan in Australia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry_Rogers_Motorsport