Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the Pirtek Enduro Cup?
#1 Whincup/Dumbrell HOLDEN 7 19.44%
#2 Tander/Luff HOLDEN 2 5.56%
#4 Holdsworth/Baird AMG 0 0%
#5 Winterbottom/Owen FORD 6 16.67%
#6 Mostert/Morris FORD 0 0%
#7 T.Kelly/Buncombe NISSAN 0 0%
#8 Bright/Jones HOLDEN 1 2.78%
#9 W.Davison/A.Davison AMG 0 0%
#14 Coulthard/Youlden HOLDEN 0 0%
#15 R.Kelly/Russell NISSAN 0 0%
#16 Pye/Walsh FORD 0 0%
#17 Wall/Johnson FORD 0 0%
#18 Perkins/Waters FORD 0 0%
#19 TBC/TBC HOLDEN 0 0%
#21 Wood/Pither HOLDEN 0 0%
#22 Courtney/Murphy HOLDEN 4 11.11%
#23 Ingall/Blanchard HOLDEN 0 0%
#29 TBC/TBC HOLDEN 1 2.78%
#33 McLaughlin/Premat VOLVO 1 2.78%
#34 Dahlgren/Ritter VOLVO 1 2.78%
#36 Caruso/Fiore NISSAN 0 0%
#47 Slade/D'Alberto HOLDEN 0 0%
#55 Reynolds/Canto FORD 1 2.78%
#97 Van Gisbergen/Webb HOLDEN 5 13.89%
#111 Heimgartner/Pedersen FORD 1 2.78%
#222 Percat/Gavin HOLDEN 0 0%
#360 Moffat/Douglas NISSAN 0 0%
#888 Lowndes/Richards HOLDEN 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Aug 2014, 10:28 (Ref:3448796)   #1
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Cheese Pirtek Enduro Cup 2014!

Ok with Sandown next up on the v8 circus, then the Supercheap Bathurst 1000 & GC 400, who is everyone pick for the second edition of the Pirtek Endruo Cup.

Do the reigning Champs T888 car of CL & his new co driver S.Richards hold favourtism?

Can FPR or Volvo suprise?

Can another Holden team suprise?

Can Merc or Nissan spring a upset?

My Pick #55 Bottle O FPR D.Reynolds & D.Canto.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 9 Sep 2014, 12:19 (Ref:3451477)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Motorsport.com's Pirtek Cup Preview
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Sep 2014, 03:30 (Ref:3451710)   #3
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
My Pick #55 Bottle O FPR D.Reynolds & D.Canto.
So why is #55 showing "0"

I think Frosty can do this.
Strong co-driver.
And I'm counting on Dumbrell to upset the Applecup with a couple of brainfades across the next 3 rounds.

Reckon Murphy will be feeling the pressure too, after last years fun.
Old 11 Sep 2014, 03:26 (Ref:3452041)   #4
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has Greg Ritter responded to this poll?
Old 11 Sep 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3452094)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Has Greg Ritter responded to this poll?

I actually thought the more logical pairing was McLaughlin/Ritter & Premat/Dahlgren... but its not likely to happen.. at Sandown
Old 12 Sep 2014, 03:29 (Ref:3452401)   #6
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

I actually thought the more logical pairing was McLaughlin/Ritter & Premat/Dahlgren.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 23:38 (Ref:3452734)   #7
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks to me that GRM got the pairings spot on!
Old 14 Sep 2014, 08:11 (Ref:3453134)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Yep..

There can be no talk of parity when its usually the teams that are making decisions that impact their pace, rather then outright car speed. Every single car that finished was in the 1:10s or better in this years Sandown 500... how can you improve on that?

Old 14 Sep 2014, 22:52 (Ref:3453346)   #9
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Yep..

There can be no talk of parity when its usually the teams that are making decisions that impact their pace, rather then outright car speed. Every single car that finished was in the 1:10s or better in this years Sandown 500... how can you improve on that?

You can’t judge parity by fastest laps alone. Fresh tyres can mask a cars deficiency, for a few laps. Based on the close qualifying times at most V8 Supercar rounds we should be seeing finishes of the race where the entire field goes over the finish line nose-to-tail. Clearly that never happens other than after a safety car.

Yesterday I watched a race where Whincup cruised, unopposed in the most boring, predictable contest for the Sandown Enduro race lead in recent times by leading virtually from start to finish. What race were you watching?
Old 14 Sep 2014, 23:41 (Ref:3453358)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
You can’t judge parity by fastest laps alone. Fresh tyres can mask a cars deficiency, for a few laps. Based on the close qualifying times at most V8 Supercar rounds we should be seeing finishes of the race where the entire field goes over the finish line nose-to-tail. Clearly that never happens other than after a safety car.

Yesterday I watched a race where Whincup cruised, unopposed in the most boring, predictable contest for the Sandown Enduro race lead in recent times by leading virtually from start to finish. What race were you watching?
Everybody else, who were running the same make and model of car as Mr Whincup, actually fighting each other for position...
Old 14 Sep 2014, 23:58 (Ref:3453367)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
wonder if anyone would like to change there tip after yesterdays race.

I guess though Red Bull dominated at Sandown last year as welll and didnt win bathurst
Old 15 Sep 2014, 00:27 (Ref:3453382)   #12
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Premat was fast, they had a few setbacks. He did get a bit agro in the car but that pit hold was horrible, I thought it cost them more than the 5 spots the commentators calculated.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 07:40 (Ref:3453482)   #13
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post

One individual car dominating a race doesn't mean there is a parity problem.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 07:46 (Ref:3453486)   #14
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
One individual car dominating a race doesn't mean there is a parity problem.
When the entire co-driver session was covered by 1.2sec, and 20 cars covered by .9, I thought there is no way we have a massive parity problem....
Old 26 Oct 2014, 22:52 (Ref:3468868)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
7 winners, with nobody picking the second place car...

So... who were the best codrivers on the Pirtek Enduro Cup?

To me, the surprising one (in a good way) was Mr Premat, with Mr Dumbrell and Mr Canto doing their usual solid jobs...

Any standouts to be recognised, or failures...
Old 26 Oct 2014, 23:18 (Ref:3468882)   #16
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Premat deserves a seat in the main game. I think he was only dropped because Volvo and Dahlgren anyway.
Old 26 Oct 2014, 23:20 (Ref:3468883)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
7 winners, with nobody picking the second place car...

So... who were the best codrivers on the Pirtek Enduro Cup?

To me, the surprising one (in a good way) was Mr Premat, with Mr Dumbrell and Mr Canto doing their usual solid jobs...

Any standouts to be recognised, or failures...
the stand out has to be the guy no one picked who finished 2nd

considering the car was often dragged back from a lap down due to the codriver not being the quickest

HRT ended up with very average results especially after sandown
Old 27 Oct 2014, 04:56 (Ref:3468955)   #18
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Webb did a solid job for someone who's barely turned a wheel all year.