Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Oct 2003, 17:40 (Ref:761010)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2004 LMES Potential entries

Teams who have confiirmed or intend to compete in the LMES in 2004.

Goh - 1 or 2 R8s
Audi UK
Spanish Engineering - R8 or new 2004 spec car
RFH - 2 Domes
Pescarolo - 1 or 2 Courages
Durrango - 2 cars
GLV - new 2004 spec car
RML - MG
CMC - MG?
Chamberlain - MG/Dome?
Lister - 1 or 2 Storm LMPs
Taurus Lola
Courage - C60/LMGTP?
Rowan Racing - Reynard?
Team Nasamax - new chassis
Rollcentre - ?
Joest - Possible R8 and/or debut R9 in later round of the LMES

Plus of course the various new LMP2 cars. Any news on these entries?

GTS

GNM - 2 S7Rs
Konrad - 1 S7R
Veloqux - 2 Prodrive 550s
Carsport - 2 Zondas
Dave Price Racing? - 2 550s?
Reiter - Lambo R-GT
Belcar C5-R?

GT

Works TVR - 2 T400Rs
Freisinger - 2 GT3-RSRs
Seikal - 2 GT3-RSRs
Cirtek - 360
Ecosse - 360
Embassy - 2 C5s
Works Morgan

Any other ideas?
Old 23 Oct 2003, 17:56 (Ref:761032)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I read on a Dutch forum some rumours that RfH will do only Le Mans and Monza. Another rumour is that Lammers' teammate John Bosch has bought two 550's to race in FIA GT. As source for this last rumour was named Motoring News.

The prototype grid looks not bad.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 18:05 (Ref:761045)   #3
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saturn Motorsport bought a Courage C60 (ex-SMG car) this year, and they are working with it and a Chevy engine. I think you can add it.

Last edited by E46; 23 Oct 2003 at 18:10.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 18:07 (Ref:761046)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Until I see it for sure, I don't know what to believe...

We've heard so much about so amny different entries that have not materialized (remember the Spannish Courage with Chevy Power????)over the course of the past year or so that I'll just wait and see what surfaces....

Personally, I don't see Lister running two cars...but then again, they really didn't run one car this past season either....unless you want to call 10 laps at Sebring, a test session or two and a crash at Le Mans in the qualifying sessions "running the car"....

Durango disappeared after Donnington....we read all year that they were preparing a 2nd car and that they would be at LM-Bugatti....

The Spannish Engineering running an R8 or a 2004 specs car????? Who is behind this group, and are they even remotely for real???? Who will they get the R8 chassis from???? Or who will be building the 2004 specs car??? Anything you can hare will be most helpful...

Speaking of who will build the 2004 car for these guys, we read months ago that GLV would go with a new specs car....but nothing more for months, either... is it happening??? Has anyone said anything definite in a formal statement about having a 2004 specs LMP1 chassis in the works or being built at all????

Henri has the 2 Courage chassis, but has he said anything about what kind of power will push them???? Everything we've read here says he's unhappy with the Sodemo/Peugeot power and wants a different engine program...and will he have the $$$ to get a good alternative that will make him more competitive?????

Any word on waht chassis Nasamax will switch to??? It's the first I've read of this...

Some on that list will definitely be there.....

And supposedly, Promec is building an LMP2 car....

But there are lots of questions still out there....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 23 Oct 2003, 18:19 (Ref:761062)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Spanish team are a Dallara Nissan team and were originally going to build an LMGTP for an unamed manufactuer. However the project was to be funded by the team and they could not raise the finance. Hence they want to run a customer car. The guy in charge was quaoted as being in talks with Audifor an R8, possibly run under the Audi Spain banner.

Lister are definatly running one car, and judging by the Storms FIA GT performances it appears this car is coming to the end of its competitive life. Plus there are a number of customer Storm GTS cars running to keep a presence in FIA GTs without the need for an all out factory FIA GT effort as in the past.

The Nasamax chassis in unknown. How about the DBA thats up for sale?

GLV appears to be a Piper.

Any news on Lolas new LMP. An advert promoting a Dyson win in the ALMS this year ended with something similar to , 'contact us for info on a new sportscar project'.

What gives me optimism for the LMES as opposed to the FIA SCC is the fact that teams of the stature of RML, Audi UK etc. intend to compete.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 18:20 (Ref:761063)   #6
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt

We've heard so much about so amny different entries that have not materialized (remember the Spannish Courage with Chevy Power????

The Spannish Engineering running an R8 or a 2004 specs car????? Who is behind this group, and are they even remotely for real???? Who will they get the R8 chassis from???? Or who will be building the 2004 specs car??? Anything you can hare will be most helpful...
Saturn has a C60 car, that is sure. They had many problems with Chevy engine but project isn´t dead, they surely will do next year some rounds in LMES.

Who is behind of Spanish R8? Well, team is called Racing engineering, and you can be sure this team is so real as us. Racing Engineering is owned by Alfonso D´Orleans Borbon and you can be sure if he thinks Audi and LMES is a good program to win he will do, because money has to spend.
W
Old 23 Oct 2003, 18:21 (Ref:761064)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
That's right.

Quote:
Personally, I don't see Lister running two cars...but then again, they really didn't run one car this past season either....unless you want to call 10 laps at Sebring, a test session or two and a crash at Le Mans in the qualifying sessions "running the car"....
They have not the people to run 2 LMP's and 2 GTS cars. I think are already very busy with 1 LMP and the 2 GTS Listers.

Quote:
Durango disappeared after Donnington....we read all year that they were preparing a 2nd car and that they would be at LM-Bugatti....
Fulvio can you tell us more?

Quote:
The man behind Racing Engineering is Alfonso de Orleans, they do Formula Nissan V6 World Series and Spanish F3, see for more info their website: http://www.racing-engineering.com

Quote:
Speaking of who will build the 2004 car for these guys, we read months ago that GLV would go with a new specs car....but nothing more for months, either... is it happening??? Has anyone said anything definite in a formal statement about having a 2004 specs LMP1 chassis in the works or being built at all????
If I am right Lavaggi himself said he would race with a new LMP in 2004.

Quote:
But there are lots of questions still out there....
So we can speculate in the long winter evenings...
Old 23 Oct 2003, 19:26 (Ref:761144)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here's a few more for the list Spyker will be out too, the Holdan which is out in the Brit GT Championship might enter some rounds - u might also see the Molser's too.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 19:46 (Ref:761160)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for many of your posts....I appreciate it...

Sounds like the Alfonso de Orleans and Racing Engineering will be well-heeled and will be competitive once they get up to speed on what it takes to succeed in this form of racing....this is the first I've read on this effort...thanks for sharing it with us...

As for me, I look forward to reading and specualting this winter...but we have some business to follow on Nov. 9th first....

I can't wait....

and I'm also looking forward to the big "Coming Out" event next march at Sebring....I already have gotten my order forms in the mail and I'm making my plans.....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 23 Oct 2003, 19:52 (Ref:761170)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
The Moslers ACO homologation as a GTS car has been delayed. Therefore Rollcentre are eying an LMP campaign in the LMES.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 20:01 (Ref:761179)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
The Moslers ACO homologation as a GTS car has been delayed. Therefore Rollcentre are eying an LMP campaign in the LMES.
I had heard that, not sure what the dealy is hopefully we might see it out later in the year, as it is a very impressive car.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 20:34 (Ref:761230)   #12
JAG
Veteran

England
I still think its on course for 2004 but maybe only mid season hence Rollcentre eying an LMP program in the meantime, maybe with an older LMP such as a Reynard or Lola.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 22:54 (Ref:761358)   #13
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alfonso d´Orleans is looking at different options but nothing is certain yet since Racing Engineering are not really satisfied with any of the offers at the moment.

Racing Engineering will always be interested in GT/endurance racing as this is where their roots are and going back to Le Mans where also Alfonso himself drove several times is definitely one of their goals. You know that Racing Engineering standards are high, so they will do it when they can assure that they can be competitive.

Rollcentre in prototypes?Why? They have so much to do with Mosler GTS...

Last edited by SFonseca; 23 Oct 2003 at 22:55.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 23:19 (Ref:761369)   #14
JAG
Veteran

England
Mosler GTS will not be ready any time soon. They can still run the Mosler GT in BGT and Bathurst if they so wish, but they want to step upto the international level next year. This is why the Rollcentre boss is driving the Rowan Reynard in the LM 1000K, to evaluate an LMP program.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 03:31 (Ref:761470)   #15
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The delay in getting the MT900GTS in the LMES or ALMS is the fact they havn't meet homologation yet.

"Posted by Warren Mosler (65.112.148.69) on October 09, 2003 at 08:03:57:

ACO has confirmed that under current rules the MT900 becomes eligible after 25 road cars have been built. This could take about a year."

If the main Mosler site is upto date they have built 16 MT900's to date... Could take a while to build 9 more.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 05:40 (Ref:761524)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The provisionnal grid is very promising, and I can't wait to have the entries confirm... if it's solid, we could have great races !
Old 24 Oct 2003, 06:41 (Ref:761555)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Dont forget the two car Saleen team from RML too , and the Fred Goddard Reynard Judd . Courage will probably fun a C65 cuz they want to promote that baby as a potential turn key customer car , and hopefully a C60 too .

Whose going to race the R&S in the LMES ?
Old 24 Oct 2003, 06:54 (Ref:761566)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Oh yeah , I hear that Carsport America will be racing a "John Deer" next year . Tom Weickhart thinks that it will be more tourqy and better at surviving damage if a little sluggish , the power curve aint that great tho !!!
Old 24 Oct 2003, 07:27 (Ref:761589)   #19
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Short is driving an FGR Reynard/Judd at LM sharing the car with Warren Carway & Earl Goddard.

The is no connection whatsoever with Rowan Racing.
Old 25 Oct 2003, 07:10 (Ref:762480)   #20
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Here's a few more for the list Spyker will be out too
I expected them to do this serie, but where did you get this info from rdjones?
Old 25 Oct 2003, 07:23 (Ref:762487)   #21
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Dont forget the two car Saleen team from RML too
Thought they were going to do FIA GT with the Saleen's and LMES/Le Mans with the MG?
Old 25 Oct 2003, 09:14 (Ref:762517)   #22
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wout
Thought they were going to do FIA GT with the Saleen's and LMES/Le Mans with the MG?
Bearing in mind that both the Saleens and the MG are owned by Mike Newton, if we asume that Newton intends to drive both, sharing the car with Tommy Erdos (as he is doing this year with the GNM Saleens in FIA races and the MG at the LMES race next month) then my guess is that you're right

Unless RML plan on hiring additional drivers for the LMES races, I don't see them running 2 Saleens and the MG in LMES- maybe at best a single Saleen in the LMES rounds (for whoever ends up driving their second FIA GT car) alongside Erdos & Newton in the MG?
Old 25 Oct 2003, 14:53 (Ref:762736)   #23
JAG
Veteran

England
RML will run 2 Saleens in FIA GT and an MG in LMES

GNM will run 2 Saleens in FIA GT and LMES

Last edited by JAG; 25 Oct 2003 at 14:54.
Old 25 Oct 2003, 14:53 (Ref:762737)   #24
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, i expect to see 3 saleens in LMES next year. 1 from Konrad, and 2 from Graham Nash. Nash is also enetering 2 in FIA GT. and RML will do 2 in FIA GT too, and Konrad is planning on entering at least 1 in FIA GT.

so at least 5 saleens in fia gt next year
and at least 3 saleens in LMES next year

and i would assume that all 3 teams will try and enter 2 cars each for lm in 2004. but my guess is that 3 or 4 saleens will get in. (1 from Konrad, 1 from Nash and 2 from RML)
Old 28 Oct 2003, 12:32 (Ref:765648)   #25
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
You can add the Xero Corvette to the list (link)