Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Mar 2001, 11:03 (Ref:69365)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What do you think of the TDK/Ultratune team's move to ditch Michael Donaher, in favour of the much slower Melinda Price (and they admit that she is slower...and they admit its a media stunt).

Your thoughts? (and keep your hormones to yerself boys...)
Old 8 Mar 2001, 11:07 (Ref:69368)   #2
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's Difficult

I have been constantly suprised by Mick Donaher's speed. I guess the Sylvania Waters thing didn't endear him to me.

Melinda is well spoken, great to look at and not all that slow either. Maybe she just needs the extra track time and a break.
Old 8 Mar 2001, 13:46 (Ref:69387)   #3
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it is up to the team. A driver is only so good to a team. Not only must they be fast but they must also be marketable. Take Paul Stokell for example, undoubtedly a gun driver. Has won 3 gold stars and every GTP or Nations Cup race he seriously enters. But can he crack a full time drive in Supercars. MElinda Price alhough not as fast as Mick will draw the sponsors. and the sponsors are what makes our sport tick over. I believe that by being open about it, it will receive much more media coverage and will raise the profile not just of the team, but also of women in motorsport. Which can only be a good thing.
Old 8 Mar 2001, 16:34 (Ref:69396)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
despite the hormone thing I believe it is good for the sport..melinda is a good driver and will do reasonably well..i believe they should have stuck with Donaher though as he is quite a talented guy behind the wheel as is young Tyler Mecklam..(dont know if he is still involved though)

but melinda will raise the profile of women in the sport and with leanne Ferrier almost certain to be a star in V8's the future is looking good for the fairer sex (oops naughty word)

I wish her well and I will be watching in more ways than one
Old 8 Mar 2001, 17:53 (Ref:69408)   #5
tickfordchick
Racer

tickfordchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when did this happen? I feel SO out of touch sometimes!

seriously, though ... I think we need more women drivers in V8Supercar. I guess Melinda Price is as competent as the next person, (the next woman?) so good luck to her! I seriously doubt she'll challenge any of the boys too much, but it will be nice to watch the series and know there is, in fact, a female driver in the ranks.
Old 9 Mar 2001, 11:30 (Ref:69601)   #6
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is good, and I hope Leanne Ferrier finds a place on the grid with Melinda. Though I suspect a few places ahead on the grid.

The more women who are competing the better. There is no reason that women shouldn't be as competitive (in the physical sense) with power steering etc. It isn't like the old days. We just need someones daughter to be treated like the other guys son, and start in carts at 7 years of age.
Old 12 Mar 2001, 02:51 (Ref:70328)   #7
tickfordchick
Racer

tickfordchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
We just need someones daughter to be treated like the other guys son, and start in carts at 7 years of age.
Once again, I am forced to agree with you, Moff. Maybe, just maybe, Glenn Seton will do that with his little girl? We can live in hope, huh?

and btw, Leanne Ferrier is AWESOME!!
Old 12 Mar 2001, 09:58 (Ref:70381)   #8
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a 14 month old daughter and for christmas this year i bought her one of those pedal go kart things and i push her around as fast as i can and she loves it. She has also been to 4 race meetings already, so its a start
Old 12 Mar 2001, 10:55 (Ref:70401)   #9
Airhead
Veteran

Mount,

I'll invest $10 today in your daughter's future as a racer. If she turns out to be the next Schumacher (ooh that hurt!) the first million she earns is mine.

What is my investments name by the way, I need it for taxation purposes.

Moff
Old 13 Mar 2001, 06:16 (Ref:70714)   #10
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moff,
Your investments name is Natalie.
And cut the schumacher talk, That is a dirty word.
I think the way she is going already schumacher couldnt cope with here attitude.

mtpanorama
Old 13 Mar 2001, 08:06 (Ref:70726)   #11
Airhead
Veteran

Natalie,

A lovely name - especially for a girl. Now don't feed her too much you want to keep her hungry as well as keeping the size down. She ain't going to play basketball after all.

Remember to send her to sleep with the recounting of the classic one/two victory of 1977. Give her the sanitised version. Don't go into the brake problems on car one or the business about Bond following team orders. Wait till she is at least 13 for that one. You don't want to confuse the young thing after all. That's how they go to the dark side - it's a Holden plot. Something like this happened to my last investment, Leanne Ferrier.
Old 13 Mar 2001, 13:08 (Ref:70769)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tis a shame that Darth Tander got to her first