Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 May 2009, 19:31 (Ref:2457457)   #476
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
If I get any obscene messages, guess who's names will go straight to the police!
Don't send mine, I have two choices. Phone the UK for two minutes or use the same amount of dosh on the Castle Combe entry fee. I'll see you at combe.
Old 7 May 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2457487)   #477
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Gary. There should be one available when you arrive
Thanks John, looking forward to what should be a good weekend!
Old 7 May 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2457523)   #478
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fingers crossed it all goes OK for the meeting John
Old 8 May 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2457872)   #479
pont420r
Rookie

pont420r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Masters meeting Donington Park 9th 10th May

Donington Park isn't giving competitors or spectators very much notice with small amount of time between track inspection and the meeting going ahead.

I would be traveling down from Pontefract some 70 miles by train so would be upset to arrive and find the meeting cancelled at the last minute.

with the lack of notice will there only be small grids of cars? I've been to the Masters meeting before and enjoyed watching the Grand Prix Masters and sports racing Masters race.

Anyone heard anything about entrys for the event?
Old 8 May 2009, 14:36 (Ref:2457997)   #480
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest rumour says that the inspection will be at 1800 hours this evening.
Old 23 May 2009, 15:16 (Ref:2467662)   #481
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Just watching BTCC Banger racing on TV and see one of the gang went off right where I assume the big hole was, well I say went off actually he was shoved off with no penalty for the aggressor of course but thats another subject. What exactly was the outcome here did they just fill the tunnel in temporarily or what?
Old 23 May 2009, 16:17 (Ref:2467695)   #482
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
well I say went off actually he was shoved off with no penalty for the aggressor of course but thats another subject.
I assume you mean Harry Vaulkhard in the Chevrolet turfed out Giovanardi's Vectra. Actually Vaulkhard was given a penalty - £250 and three points on his licence - but let's not let a few facts get in the way of another rant.
Old 23 May 2009, 20:25 (Ref:2467808)   #483
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
It looked like a classic stock car spin out manouver from where I saw and it would have made me proud in my short circuit days but there you go. That was an aside anyhow, what did they do with the bloody great hole is what I wanted to know as all mention of it seems to have dried up but I am yet to read how they fixed the problem, I mean did they merely fill it in and if they did was it a temporary or permanent solution becaus eif it was permenant then surely it means the project has finally been shelved.
Old 23 May 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2467820)   #484
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al,the tunnel was extended outward each side allowing the wall/barriers to be moved further away from the circuit edge,hardly any different to the original pre-tunnel run-off.
Old 23 May 2009, 20:39 (Ref:2467824)   #485
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thanks Terry, for what its worth I think the MSA were 100% right insisting this was done as Giovanardi would probably been very seriously injured or killed if the race had been allowed to continue as it was as he spun right over the newly laid turf so credit where due to MSA.
Old 23 May 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2467832)   #486
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously a one off Al,no-one ventured that far at Masters.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2477152)   #487
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gather the Donington meeting this weekend had problems and was cancelled at some point, not sure if anything ran - believe it was because where they have re-laid tarmac on the track in the tunnel area, it had no "crown" and so there was rather a lot of standing water. Understand it was all brushed away but the grass at the edge of the track subsided.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2477188)   #488
Frailloop
Rookie

Frailloop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The track at that point does dip down a little before the climb up to Coppice. When there is heavy rain a stream appears at McLeans, heads through the gravel and accross the track on the exit.

Water has tended to pool there. I guess all the earthworks has done nothing to improve that. The loose earth will fill with water being the easiest path...
Old 7 Jun 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2477221)   #489
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yesterday ran no problems, despite being very wet in the morning. I heard that they had problems with flooding today though, and most of the day was canned.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 20:28 (Ref:2477230)   #490
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
That particular area had to be raised eight inches before the Masters event took place,bit of a rushed job perhaps.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2477250)   #491
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry, I was referring to today - my original post wasn't clear and so was rather ambiguous, apologies!
Old 7 Jun 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2477268)   #492
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We had about an inch of rain and possibly more from last night through to around 2:30 pm or so (did not accurately record when it stopped). With thunder from 9 to 10 am. I was feeling sorry for anyone marshalling and I doubt the drivers would have been too overjoyed either.

The winds were quite forceful too, so my garden paving had started to dry quite notably by about 3.30 pm but I doubt the track would have responded that quickly.

Sad to say but probably more of a day for rallying than racing.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 22:18 (Ref:2477294)   #493
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not BRSCC or Doningtons finest hour today. Racing ceased at 10am ish and by 2pm the meet was abandoned. Competitors were largely in the dark, but when they were 4 hours behind schedule what else could you do.

They tried pumping out the area but I guess it was so waterlogged they were fighting a loosing battle.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 13:32 (Ref:2477690)   #494
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>>>>>..Sad to say but probably more of a day for rallying than racing

Well they managed to run the Rally Show, but it was wet of biblical proportions at Chatsworth. As I came home on Sunday, I thought it looked dry at Donny and was quite jealous, thought you must have had a good weekend!