Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Apr 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2448659)   #1
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
AMOC SuperGT - the place for it? Historic (I think)

Anyone following the SuperGT that the AMOC are trying to really get going again this year. Some awesome machinery out there.

Like Can-am but for GT cars that can be altered ALOT from standard.

http://www.amocsupergt.co.uk/

Should be alot of cars out there taking the fight to the Marsh Aston and the David Ellis Beast!

Something I might even look at in a few years. Used to love watching this when the Intermarque.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 14:16 (Ref:2448665)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am with you on that - great pieces of kit. I love the technical rules - everything is basically free of regs!!!
Old 24 Apr 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2448668)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I know a number here will probably regard it as a bit of a stretch to call it historic but I, too, think these cars are excellent value and many are, of course, based on old technology and shapes. I've certainly covered one or two of their races in this forum and if the occasion arises will do so again.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 14:25 (Ref:2448670)   #4
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Yes, I know a number here will probably regard it as a bit of a stretch to call it historic but I, too, think these cars are excellent value and many are, of course, based on old technology and shapes. I've certainly covered one or two of their races in this forum and if the occasion arises will do so again.
Indeed John - this area seems the closest to where it fits. The type of people that will be at an event will be more aligned to going to see classic's than modern GT.

It is great seeing older cars (though they are really opening it up this year to get big grids - which work for me - no one want small grids with just a few awesome cars) moddified to some extreme levels.

I am going to have to go along to one or two this year - pity the Donnington one was scapped.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 14:33 (Ref:2448675)   #5
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any dates/venues for 09?
Old 24 Apr 2009, 14:39 (Ref:2448678)   #6
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
3rd-4th May Donington Park
30th May Silverstone
18th – 19th July Snetterton (Double Header)
26th September Oulton Park

Hi Hope for Andy's Awesome TVR - think this will run the top cars close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
............................Links should only be posted to live websites that contain the information referred to. However, we do not generally allow links to other forums. Exceptions may be made for something relevant to the discussion, but please check with the Moderator of the forum before you post.
Now packing a Might LS.

The rules were changed to allow engines from other manufacturers to go in different cars for this year.

Think this was really needed if the series was to take off.

Think Super GT's but with modern and Moderish (classics!)!!!

Edited: Removed link to another forum.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 26 Apr 2009 at 07:31. Reason: Linked to Pistonheads.
Old 7 May 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2457298)   #7
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
Andy's Awesome Monster LS(Chevy)Sag TVR is going to be out at Silverstone - should give Ellis and Reid a hurry up.

http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/memb....5075192344445
Old 19 May 2009, 14:11 (Ref:2465154)   #8
Tuscan 6
Racer

England
Tuscan 6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This will be the first race for the TVR since a complete rebuild with the Chevy LS6, Holinger box, MoteC, complete rewire and new aero. It is also my first for 2 years. I suspect both car and driver will need some time to bed in, but we're looking forward to it.

Kevin Riley is also out in his Mosler, so although the current grid is a bit small there should be some good racing.
Old 19 May 2009, 14:23 (Ref:2465164)   #9
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscan 6 View Post
This will be the first race for the TVR since a complete rebuild with the Chevy LS6, Holinger box, MoteC, complete rewire and new aero. It is also my first for 2 years. I suspect both car and driver will need some time to bed in, but we're looking forward to it.

Kevin Riley is also out in his Mosler, so although the current grid is a bit small there should be some good racing.
Andy - Can you some in car video, please?(Google Video ) Pity I can't be there - but then Silverstone is crap fro viewing.

AMOC need one at Brands.
Old 19 May 2009, 14:41 (Ref:2465175)   #10
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a shame that their is no AMOC at Brands this year missed it last year due to uni work and really wanted to see the superGTs
Simon