Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 27 Apr 2008, 04:07 (Ref:2187790)   #1
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam Carroll interview

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Spor...e/motorsports/

Worth a read. Five GP2 victories, he's a great driver and brings credibility to A1GP on the driver front (not that it needs it). Seems a nice guy too and is always obliging when you want a photo. I'm a fan.
Old 3 May 2008, 13:43 (Ref:2193198)   #2
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great guy, was at Spa in 2005 when he won on the wet, impressive.
Old 1 Dec 2008, 03:21 (Ref:2344610)   #3
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is another good article on Adam Carroll.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/othe...e-1558382.html
Old 2 Dec 2008, 01:28 (Ref:2345345)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Two very good articles on Adam Carroll, Kiwi3, and they tell it how it is. I'm a big fan, too.
Old 22 Dec 2008, 16:25 (Ref:2359766)   #5
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He took me round Silverstone in an Elise once (just after he took the F3 Scholarship championship as I recall).

Great bloke and astonishing driver - A crime he's not in F1.

I hope his A1 performances are a stepping stone to greater things, but I fear his face just doesn't fit...

Come on Ferrari drop Raikonnen, pay Adam a 1/100th of what the Finn costs and watch the victories roll in

M.
Old 2 May 2009, 06:19 (Ref:2453967)   #6
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/o...ll/gnid-51076/

How awesome would it be if Adam Carroll got an F1 drive and then came back to make guest appearances in A1GP? It is beneath most F1 drivers, but Carroll seems the last person that could have a snobbish attitude. Great driver and great bloke, I hope Ireland does the business this weekend for his sake, and also for Mark Gallagher who in my opinion is also an A1GP legend.
Old 2 May 2009, 08:43 (Ref:2454021)   #7
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been a huge fan since I saw him dragging a sponsor free F3 car around Snetterton way faster than it should have been going, he was up against Piquet Jr that day and it was obvious who had more talent.

Add me to the "amazed he's not in F1" crowd..
Old 2 May 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2454056)   #8
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevp View Post
I've been a huge fan since I saw him dragging a sponsor free F3 car around Snetterton way faster than it should have been going, he was up against Piquet Jr that day and it was obvious who had more talent.

Add me to the "amazed he's not in F1" crowd..
Sponsor free???? Very good driver and great bloke but as do all drivers these days has had great backing and the best of everything, during his FF/F3 days from big pocketed Irish businessman Sweeny. Its what it takes these days!
Old 4 May 2009, 13:41 (Ref:2455176)   #9
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
Sponsor free???? Very good driver and great bloke but as do all drivers these days has had great backing and the best of everything, during his FF/F3 days from big pocketed Irish businessman Sweeny. Its what it takes these days!
His backer may have had big pockets but he must have had tiny stickers because the car was white.. all white.. even more white than a Brawn GP car!

When I get home I'll see if I took any photos..
Old 4 May 2009, 15:06 (Ref:2455213)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he certainly had sponsors when he won the national class. the car was green and white, yes?
Old 4 May 2009, 15:36 (Ref:2455235)   #11
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously Adam had either some sponsors or personal wealth to get up to GP2 level - even to do karts you need a lot of £. So the stories of him having no money at all are exaggerated.

However it is clear he didn't have enough money for a top GP2 drive in 06-08, or indeed to finish F3 seasons earlier on.
Old 4 May 2009, 19:04 (Ref:2455378)   #12
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think when people say he had no money they mean in comparison to his opposition.
Old 4 May 2009, 20:53 (Ref:2455453)   #13
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
he certainly had sponsors when he won the national class. the car was green and white, yes?
Yes, it was run by P1 Motorsport in 2002 and Adam took the class title with 14 wins.

John Sweeney is the businessman we're talking about, but I'm not sure how much money he contributed. Certainly the relationship with P1 didn't end well, although in 2004 they took Adam to the runner-up spot in BF3 behind Nelsinho Piquet.
Old 5 May 2009, 06:26 (Ref:2455601)   #14
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that the same P1 that now races in WSR with James Walker? Roly Vincini's crew