Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 15 Mar 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3718836)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Predictions Contest 2017 Now on!

Welcome back to the Formula 1 Predictions Contest.

Every Grand Prix, you can make a series of predictions that could make you the most accurate predictor of that round or indeed lead to you becoming the predictions champion of 2017.

I was delighted to win the championship my own rules last year, but study them carefully and you too could have a chance of taking the title. This year I might take more risks with my predictions in some rounds for fun!

The rules are the same this year, with a few exceptions. Please read below.

All predictions must be in before the start of qualifying. The start is considered to be the start of Q1. Please note that there are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule! I have to be strict enforcing it in order to ensure consistency, so please set alarms or reminders to remember to get your predictions in.

Here are the points.

Predicting..

a driver in the top 10 more than 5 places out of his finishing position: 1 point for each driver.

a driver in the top 10, 5 places out of finishing position: 3 points

a driver in the top 10, 4 places out of finishing position: 5 points

a driver in the top 10, 3 places out of finishing position: 7 points

a driver in the top 10, 2 places out of finishing position: 9 points

a driver in the top 10, 1 place out of finishing position: 11 points

a driver in the top 10 in his exact finishing position (except winner): 13 points

the winning driver: 15 points

3rd in qualifying: 1 point

2nd in qualifying: 2 points

pole position: 3 points

fastest lap (driver): 2 points

fastest pitstop (team): 2 points

weather prediction: 2 points (last year it was 1)

driver of the day award as voted on formula1.com: 2 points

highest-polling driver of the Grand Prix award as voted for on Ten-Tenths: 2 points

highest-polling team of the Grand Prix award as voted for on Ten-Tenths: 2 points

highest-polling rate the Grand Prix score out of ten as voted for on Ten-Tenths: 2 points

The finishing positions relate to the official classification after any penalties or disqualifications have been handed out.

The qualifying and pole position points relate to the fastest three drivers in qualifying regardless of any grid penalties. However, a disqualification from qualifying or a grid penalty due to a breach of the regulations will be taken into account in my scoring and will not count. The interpretation of what constitutes any ambiguous situations regarding this will be at my discretion. his year, it is a breach of any regulations, not only technical regulations.

To make this clear, grid penalties carried over from before qualifying will not be taken into account but any grid penalty incurred in qualifying (or after) will!]

The weather predictions is 'Dry' or 'Wet'. 'Wet' is where the race has been declared wet by the stewards. If a race is both 'dry' and 'wet', participants will get points for either option.

Regarding the Ten-Tenths votes (Driver of the Grand Prix, Team of the Grand Prix and Rate the Grand Prix), there is a poll after each Grand Prix which Ten-Tenths users vote on. This is your chance to predict what other members of the forum will vote for! The Rate the Grand Prix score is from 1-10 and you will find it on the main Formula 1 forum. The winning votes will be taken to be the winning votes as they stand at 23:00 GMT or BST (Greenwich Mean Time or British Summer Time - whichever is being used) on the Monday evening following the Grand Prix, which means that the results of the round will not be released until then (the polls themselves, incidentally, will be available for longer).

This is a change from last year when it was Wednesday night.

Please write your predictions in the appropriate thread as follows:

Qualifying

Fastest lap:
Fastest pitstop:
Weather:
formula1.com Driver of the Day:
Driver of the Grand Prix:
Team of the Grand Prix:
Rate the Grand Prix:

Have fun predicting, everyone!

If you have any questions, please write them below.

The predictions thread for Australia is here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...34#post3718834

Get involved!
Old 2 Apr 2017, 07:38 (Ref:3723193)   #2
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Where can I find the results for this contest please? Says above that results will be available the Monday evening following the Grand Prix. But I can't seem to find them on the forum.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 08:43 (Ref:3767326)   #3
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As the predictions thread for Singapore appears to be locked I am putting my predictions here instead.

1. Vettel
2. Ricciardo
3. Hamilton
4. Raikkonen
5. Verstappen
6. Hulkenberg
7. Ocon
8. Perez
9. Massa
10. Stroll

Qualifying
1.Vettel