Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Jan 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2380770)   #51
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
what about Sebastien Bourdais? (can never spell his name) or Sebastien Loeb? If neither, of course, shall drive a Peuget, or Bourdais isn't driving F1!
Old 27 Jan 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2380798)   #52
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bourdais is driving F1, and I'd be surprised to see Loeb in anything but a Peugeot if he ends up doing sportscars.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2380822)   #53
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I can see arguments in favour of Bourdais. He's genuinely quick, French, and I suspect out of luck in F1. While lots of rumours have him connected with a return to the US and Indycars the financial shortages there might mitigate against it, making sportscars once more appealing.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 18:54 (Ref:2380859)   #54
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sebastien Bourdais will drive for Toro Rosso in 2009, so he will not be a mark in terms of Pescarolo. And I cant forgive him of his errors in the opener with Peugeot at Le Mans.

Sebastien Loeb will not drive for Pescarolo, which is why he tested an elderly 908 some time ago.

Back to square one for them.
Old 27 Jan 2009, 18:59 (Ref:2380864)   #55
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Has Bourdais been confirmed at Torro Rosso?

Agree re Loeb - I suspect he's Peugeot bound at some stage.

Could Treluyer be tempted back from Japan?
Old 27 Jan 2009, 19:04 (Ref:2380869)   #56
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Treluyer might be anothe great addition for a full season drive. If I remember well, he did the fastest lap with the Pescarolo 17 at Le Mans 2007 despite Tinseau and Primat had competed with the P01 at Le Castellet Test Days, Monza and Valencia before LM...

Ferdinand Porsche
Old 27 Jan 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2380881)   #57
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Has Bourdais been confirmed at Torro Rosso?

Agree re Loeb - I suspect he's Peugeot bound at some stage.

Could Treluyer be tempted back from Japan?
Nolt yet, but Bourdais looks set so far...........
Old 27 Jan 2009, 23:53 (Ref:2381062)   #58
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
Tinseau, Gounon and Primat in the #17 Pesca would be a super driver line up, Gounon, Cochet and Tinseau though would be a match for the lead Pesca's driver line up, Andre would be good though, his form i think also includes racing for Oreca in 2002 at some point if im right in thinking and he did a good job in 2006 for Pesca so if Pesca did choose Andre it would be a great choice, but Gounon would be epic in a factory Pescarolo, we will wait and see...
Primat to AMR, so he's definitely out. The thing is that his cash is also out. I concur with others who suggest that while there are a ream of talented French drivers (the names mentioned here like Cochet, Gounon, Dumas, Treluyer are all excellent) there is a scarcity of talented French drivers with decent budgets. I actually would not be shocked if one of the above ended up in a Team Oreca Matmut car... For Pesca, however, I think Didier Andre would be an excellent choice if he still has a budget. Fast and talented for a gentleman, probably equivalent to or better than Primat, and has/had cash. As for more likely possibilities, what about Alex Frei?
Old 28 Jan 2009, 09:29 (Ref:2381273)   #59
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Didn't Frei quit racing last year?

Maybe there are some French F3/WSR/GP2 drivers with cash?

Last edited by FIRE; 28 Jan 2009 at 09:37.
Old 28 Jan 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2381279)   #60
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Like Bakkerud in the Kolles Audi!.
Old 28 Jan 2009, 16:33 (Ref:2381510)   #61
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Didn't Frei quit racing last year?

Maybe there are some French F3/WSR/GP2 drivers with cash?
I think he did quit, but is it permanent? Remember how many times Klaus Ludwig retired?!
Old 29 Jan 2009, 02:27 (Ref:2381819)   #62
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Tristan Gommendy, Franck Perera, Damien Pasini, one of the Philippe brothers as it looks as if their Team France Indy Car team might not go through? I don't know, but it looks like they won't lose Dumas or Collard as neither the Grand Am or FIA GT schedules really conflict with the LMS.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2382002)   #63
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I think he did quit, but is it permanent? Remember how many times Klaus Ludwig retired?!
I thought he was only taking a sabatical and was due to return after , meaning this year . But a lot has changed within the Courage camp since he was last there ..... maybe in the 2nd Oak chassis ?
Old 4 Feb 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2388057)   #64
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
According to this in EI Pescarolo is looking for two pretty heavily revised cars this year, although they do seem to be running a touch behind schedule and not intending to be at the official LMS test at Paul Ricard.
Old 4 Feb 2009, 11:09 (Ref:2388066)   #65
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
According to this in EI Pescarolo is looking for two pretty heavily revised cars this year, although they do seem to be running a touch behind schedule and not intending to be at the official LMS test at Paul Ricard.
It doesn't sound good that they wont be at Paul Ricard!, does they have other test opportunities!?
Old 4 Feb 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2388077)   #66
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Not sure about other testing - they clearly are doing a fair bit of aerodynamic work but the fact that they're talking about one full 2009 car and one 'hybrid' 08 car with some new bits on it being at Barcelona suggests that a lot is further behind schedule than they might hope.
Old 4 Feb 2009, 12:01 (Ref:2388097)   #67
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Not sure about other testing - they clearly are doing a fair bit of aerodynamic work but the fact that they're talking about one full 2009 car and one 'hybrid' 08 car with some new bits on it being at Barcelona suggests that a lot is further behind schedule than they might hope.
Not a good sign!
It seems that Pescarolo might get a tuff season this year!
Old 4 Feb 2009, 12:20 (Ref:2388112)   #68
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Indeed - Pescarolo has been the best of the petrol teams in the past largely thanks to impeccable preparation and being able to run at a very consistent pace, and as such beaten cars that, over a single lap, were quite possibly faster.

That said, at some stage they had to take a look at the car, and now is probably as good a time as any. The car's been in the wind tunnel, which is an innovation in itself, and the approach overall seems to have been pretty conscientious. If it wasn't for the looming presence of the Kolles R10s, which I'm sure will have a lot of at least tacit factory support, I'd see Pescarolo as being worth an outside bet for a win at some stage during the season. As it is, I can see them comfortably ahead of Signature, Strakka and Speedy, probably approaching the level of Aston Martin every once in a while, and more or less on pace with the Oreca Courages and, depending on who ends up running it, the LNT Ginetta.
Old 4 Feb 2009, 13:42 (Ref:2388165)   #69
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would suspect that fastest petrol will nearly always be the Astons with the Oreca cars about a second a lap slower - then i would put the Speedy, Pescarolo together.....the wild card is the LNT car, if that gets pro drivers and is run by LNT i would put that right up with the Oreca.

Unfortunately i can see Pescarolo getting left behind somewhat this year (started happening last year) - while i hope they do well i think they will struggle to keep the Oreca cars in sight!
Old 4 Feb 2009, 15:48 (Ref:2388230)   #70
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I thought he was only taking a sabatical and was due to return after , meaning this year . But a lot has changed within the Courage camp since he was last there ..... maybe in the 2nd Oak chassis ?
Pretty sure the 2 Oak lineups are set (one for the pros, the other for Nicolet/Hein).
Old 4 Feb 2009, 15:51 (Ref:2388233)   #71
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Whos in the procar please ?
Old 4 Feb 2009, 15:53 (Ref:2388235)   #72
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
With Ragues going off to Signature's LMP1 Courage there still seems to be a TBA, presumably for a rapid young Frenchman, or possibly a whole season for Frankie Cheng, beside Lahaye.
Old 4 Feb 2009, 15:54 (Ref:2388238)   #73
The Badger
Veteran

Cheng would be a cool move . That little fella impressed me at Le Mans last year .
Old 4 Feb 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2388248)   #74
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Mathieu Lahaye is the announced driver at present. I thought I read somewhere who was likely in line to replace him, but now I cannot find it. Cheng would be awesome.
Old 4 Feb 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2388276)   #75
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Clearly I meant partner him, not replace him.