Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Mar 2009, 17:11 (Ref:2425391)   #76
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
I think you may have missed the point...
I got the point, just sayin. :P
Old 28 Mar 2009, 14:45 (Ref:2427130)   #77
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roland Dane has been trying to get Ford to call his bluff since half way through last season... No doubt with the intention of more Ford funding because they were (and still are) holding some good cards, Championships, Bathurst wins, race winners most weeks etc etc etc... He was carrying on that a Holden team wanted 888 to build a car for them and other sh*t last year. It is all a game of poker with the aim that 888 wanted Ford factory support worth so much $$$ to 888 (this is my assumption but we are talking business here not racing so a worthy assumption) or they will walk/run no Ford signage etc.. Ford called there bluff, gave factory support to SBR and FPV and they (888) have had to keep up their bluff or look like total dorks so they are not running Ford signage this year and sold the front badge off to Hogs breath as their extra kick to the b@lls to Ford you could say... In reality it has backfired for 888 and done no harm to Ford... Ford gives no f*ck in the end and Roland knows this but he carn't just roll over, say sorry and come crawling back right now the 888 cars are still known as Falcons, the commentators know it, the fans know it, Ford know it, the time sheets know it and 888 know it

To quote the great Kenny Rogers

"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em; Know when to walk away, and know when to run; You never count your money, when you're sittin' at the table; There'll be time enough for countin', when the dealin's done."

As I said this is my assumption but v8supercars is a business these days and do you thing 888 came all the way from the UK just to make friends and some extra fans, they are here to make money, why else would they have a production line of customer FGs running