Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Aug 2010, 11:59 (Ref:2745868)   #1
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Heidfeld's just become Hot Property for 2011

With the news of Heidfeld being confirmed as Pirelli's official test driver, he is surely going to become a highly sought after driver for next year giving the knowladge he will have aquired in the duration of his time with them.

Its good to see him back in a meaningful role, he's a hugely talented driver and very quick good for him.

Im heading to the bookies, Heidfeld back in F1 next season.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2745869)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Heidfeld back in F1 next season.
Lets hope so. More deserving than the guy who ended up with the Merc #2 race seat.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2745876)   #3
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts as well. It might give him a decent shot at the Renault #2 seat, as the team really did struggle with the move to Bridgestones in '07.

Incidentally, who did the Michelin development work in 2000?
Old 17 Aug 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2745885)   #4
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Incidentally, who did the Michelin development work in 2000?
Jorg Muller
Old 17 Aug 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2745890)   #5
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Together with the recent departure of Andy Soucek from Virgin who also didn't get to drive the car at all, I think we're beginning to see that this 'third driver' role is a complete waste of time and talent. If the testing rules remain the way they are now, I can't see any decent driver wanting to become a reserve driver and spend the year waiting around in case one of the others is incapacitated enough not to be able to race.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 13:53 (Ref:2745942)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I just think they should do a couple of test days using only the team's 3rd drivers.

Also, who they getting in to replace Heidy?

Selby
Old 17 Aug 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2745979)   #7
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I just think they should do a couple of test days using only the team's 3rd drivers.
That is certainly an option. I'd suggest a one day test a third in to the season at Silverstone (the old course), and two thirds in at Magny-Cours. Or maybe do it on Mondays after races. These tests would be subject to normal media coverage arrangements, not behind closed doors.

Quote:

Selby
The word is they aren't in a burning hurry to find a replacement.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2746013)   #8
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Friday testing gotta come back.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2746017)   #9
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The question is if it would be more cost effective to run third cars or have actual tests, relative to the potential revenues of actual tests (flogging tickets).
Old 17 Aug 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2746056)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'd certainly like the see them run some tests at circuits they don't use. Can you imagine the turn out for some of them? Just look at the turn outs for some of the recent demos.

I can understand they arn't in an immediate hurry to resign someone to the 3rd driver slot (Mercedes), but what happens if one of them picks up an injury? They'll need someone in straight away to hop in to that seat.

Selby
Old 17 Aug 2010, 16:30 (Ref:2746064)   #11
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Also, anyone rekon they can get their hands on some footage/pics from today?

Selby
Old 17 Aug 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2746121)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Perhaps he'll replace a certain German who can't get to grips with the current tires at all?
Old 17 Aug 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2746202)   #13
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also, anyone rekon they can get their hands on some footage/pics from today?

Selby
Pictures of an all-white Toyota TF109 can be found here.

Anyone any idea who will be Mercedes' third driver as from Spa?
Old 17 Aug 2010, 20:39 (Ref:2746244)   #14
WapFlap
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
WapFlap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Guess, Anthony Davidson.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2746257)   #15
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
*d'oh!*. Especially as he has done simulator work for them. With the pictures from the test, is there any chance that they could have found some bigger Pirelli stickers to slap on the car?
Old 17 Aug 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2746259)   #16
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld's also one of the most reliable drivers around. Does he currently have the longest streak for the most race starts with out retiring?
Old 17 Aug 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2746263)   #17
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Heidfeld's also one of the most reliable drivers around. Does he currently have the longest streak for the most race starts with out retiring?
I think so, although that statistic isn't always so useful - while mechanical sympathy is a part of it, some cars are just too unreliable.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 22:29 (Ref:2746284)   #18
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Yes..... by a substantial margin. Also that was only curtailed thanks to a Sutil brainfade at Singapore where he did a spin turn into the approaching Heidfeld.

For the record, the most consecutive classified finishes stat read as follows....

1. Nick HEIDFELD France 2007 - Italy 2009 - 41 races
2. Nico ROSBERG Canada 2008 - Japan 2009 - 27
3. Michael SCHUMACHER Hungary 2001 - Malaysia 2003 - 24
4. Rubens BARRICHELLO Spain 2005 - Britain 2006 - 23
5. Fernando ALONSO France 2005 - Germany 2006 - 22
6. Jenson BUTTON Germany 2008 - Europe 2009 - 20
Old 18 Aug 2010, 07:34 (Ref:2746428)   #19
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaffer View Post
Pictures of an all-white Toyota TF109 can be found here.

Anyone any idea who will be Mercedes' third driver as from Spa?
Those are really interesting pictures. I wonder what those "gills" at the bottom of the rear wing endplates does .... generate a wake of turbulent air perhaps? I wonder how many teams spend development resources on those kind of devices
Old 18 Aug 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2746442)   #20
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Yes..... by a substantial margin. Also that was only curtailed thanks to a Sutil brainfade at Singapore where he did a spin turn into the approaching Heidfeld.

For the record, the most consecutive classified finishes stat read as follows....

1. Nick HEIDFELD France 2007 - Italy 2009 - 41 races
2. Nico ROSBERG Canada 2008 - Japan 2009 - 27
3. Michael SCHUMACHER Hungary 2001 - Malaysia 2003 - 24
4. Rubens BARRICHELLO Spain 2005 - Britain 2006 - 23
5. Fernando ALONSO France 2005 - Germany 2006 - 22
6. Jenson BUTTON Germany 2008 - Europe 2009 - 20
Just goes to show you how reliable the cars are these days. Imagine figures like those in the 1980s.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2746523)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Selby
TGF lol.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2746563)   #22
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Just noticed, I think that's the 2010 rear wing, is it not?

I was about to ask what the benefits of running that would be, but I suppose a '10 spec rear wing is more accurate than an '09 spec wing. Interesting that no other teams have used such a wing, though.

Wonder if it'll be used next year?

Selby
Old 18 Aug 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2746574)   #23
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Of course its the 10 spec wing.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2746581)   #24
Barbazza
Racer

Barbazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBarbazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's the 2009-spec rear wing, as you can see from the pic on this link (taken from German GP 2009): http://www.f1network.net/main/s176/st151185.htm
Old 18 Aug 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2746633)   #25
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Of course its the 10 spec wing.
Why the sarcasm? It's the 2009 spec car.

Selby

--

And thanks for the link, Barbazza. I just recall the 2010 car having a perhaps more extreme version of those rear wing end plate slits.