Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Nov 2011, 08:43 (Ref:2981367)   #26
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
How much of Mazda is owned by Ford?
Now 10% - used to be about 45% .
Old 4 Nov 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2981377)   #27
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well someone better tell Ford, because they only think they own 3%
http://corporate.ford.com/news-cente...zda-both-33588
Old 4 Nov 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2981677)   #28
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
Well someone better tell Ford, because they only think they own 3%
http://corporate.ford.com/news-cente...zda-both-33588
Doesn't the second line of that page state 11% ?
Old 5 Nov 2011, 00:18 (Ref:2981714)   #29
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Doesn't the second line of that page state 11% ?
No, no........wouldn't 11% be the number of Fords in the supposedly parity V8 supercar championship?
Old 5 Nov 2011, 00:26 (Ref:2981718)   #30
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No, no........wouldn't 11% be the number of Fords in the supposedly parity V8 supercar championship?
If 888 were still in Falcons they'd be exactly where they are right now, leading the championship.

Oh, and a Falcon won the championship for the last 2 or 3 years running and Ford supporters honestly think they can still whinge about parity ?
Old 5 Nov 2011, 00:42 (Ref:2981720)   #31
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
If 888 were still in Falcons they'd be exactly where they are right now, leading the championship.

Oh, and a Falcon won the championship for the last 2 or 3 years running and Ford supporters honestly think they can still whinge about parity ?
Gotcha!!!
Old 5 Nov 2011, 03:26 (Ref:2981752)   #32
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Gotcha!!!
Well played sir.

Old 5 Nov 2011, 04:22 (Ref:2981759)   #33
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Well played sir.

Lol.......thanks.......your turn will come.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 15:19 (Ref:2981914)   #34
The Generals Army
Rookie

The Generals Army should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Of course you're all assuming V8Supercars will still be around when the next Holden finally breaks cover

This here. I have been a lurker for a while and have noticed allot of, well, hatred towards the Supercar championship. Now I have been around for a while so have seen a few championships in my time. What would be realistically viable as an alternative?

2 litres - went up against v8s and got its backside handed to it.
Production car - No crowds, as much as I love the 12hr, no mainstream audiance
GT - Didnt we have that prodrive thing a while back that ended up going bust (incl Bathurst 24hr)

I just dont see how any other championship has the fan base to knock the v8s off their perch, not that I want that to happen anyway.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 21:01 (Ref:2982048)   #35
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think that COTF will provide the basis for the new championship.

Any new top level championship will include the teams and drivers we have now (well excect for driver coming and goings), No championship will come up and step over V8S's
Old 5 Nov 2011, 21:34 (Ref:2982065)   #36
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Generals Army View Post
This here. I have been a lurker for a while and have noticed allot of, well, hatred towards the Supercar championship. Now I have been around for a while so have seen a few championships in my time. What would be realistically viable as an alternative?

GT - Didnt we have that prodrive thing a while back that ended up going bust (incl Bathurst 24hr)

I just dont see how any other championship has the fan base to knock the v8s off their perch, not that I want that to happen anyway.
V8s are alright if you like watching commodores win Bathurst year, after year, after year........after year, after year ..............................parity?..................still waiting.....................
Old 5 Nov 2011, 21:44 (Ref:2982068)   #37
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
V8s are alright if you like watching commodores win Bathurst year, after year, after year........after year, after year ..............................parity?..................still waiting.....................
Old 5 Nov 2011, 22:05 (Ref:2982074)   #38
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I think the issue you have is the ford sponsored teams end up doing an average job at bathurst, rather than any parity issue

in 2007 Ford finished 1-2-3 and nothing has really changed since then on either brands

even this year the ford teams made significant errors during the day and so they didnt win

As for stealthy, I follow AFL and the North Melbourne Kangaroos, they're not really Kangaroos, but i still call them that, Its time to let go of your issue. Its the same with the Red bull Renault's , they re not really Red bulls, but we call them that, and its the same with the Falcons and the Commodores in V8 supercars, they are not the same as the road car, but they are designated Commodores and Falcons under the rules of the series and we would appreciate if we could have an adult discussion with out your mocking each time please, as it has become a bit tedious

Last edited by peckstar; 5 Nov 2011 at 22:12.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 23:39 (Ref:2982099)   #39
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I think the issue you have is the ford sponsored teams end up doing an average job at bathurst, rather than any parity issue
Without 888 there would be parity, the others are operating at a different technical level. Interesting really when you consider that it is a tightly regulated environment and the aim of the regulation is to level the playing field and let the winning be spread around, that idea is and has always been a total failure. To me this proves that tight regulation does not work so they may as well let 'em do what they want and 888 would still win.
Old 6 Nov 2011, 01:03 (Ref:2982109)   #40
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Three straight losses for Ford at Bathurst, not even on the podium for the last two events. Championship in 2010 was more of one that 888 lost because they changed brands and had unexpected teething troubles.........will Ford have a Bathurst victory in the next five years?.....not likely. Will Ford win anything?......not likely. Will there be a parity adjustment?......not likely, they'll use the implementation of COTF in 2013 not to bother doing anything for 2012.
Old 6 Nov 2011, 04:07 (Ref:2982129)   #41
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
they might win bathurst, cant say.

but i will tell you this, the last round was won by a Ford and 3 of the 6 podium spots at GC were by ford

as for bathurst, i think Ford have to do a better job,
Old 7 Nov 2011, 01:28 (Ref:2982564)   #42
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Generals Army View Post

We're getting off topic but none of your examples above were sold to Private Equity companies.

Now most of these usually asset strip what they purchase and then discard it so we wait and see.
Old 7 Nov 2011, 01:53 (Ref:2982573)   #43
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the nuts and bolts assets are owned by the team owners though, the main thing that V8 supercars has is the tv rights, so you couldn't really asset strip could you ?

Back on topic, Fords share in Mazda did go to 3.5 % in 2010, so the market share in Australia is a sad story for Ford fans.

http://www.mazda.com/investors/stockinfo/situation.html

In regards to the next Holden, perhaps Chevrolet will acknowledge the fine work done on the current Holdens & Camaro by relocating the Aussie engineers to Detroit ?

Last edited by Juarez Jed; 7 Nov 2011 at 02:11.
Old 7 Nov 2011, 02:34 (Ref:2982579)   #44
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
As for stealthy, I follow AFL and the North Melbourne Kangaroos, they're not really Kangaroos, but i still call them that, Its time to let go of your issue. Its the same with the Red bull Renault's , they re not really Red bulls, but we call them that, and its the same with the Falcons and the Commodores in V8 supercars, they are not the same as the road car, but they are designated Commodores and Falcons under the rules of the series and we would appreciate if we could have an adult discussion with out your mocking each time please, as it has become a bit tedious
North melbournes mascot is a kangaroo. Red bull are the title sponsor and renault is the team.

I'd have no problem calling a team 'holden' providing that is who sponsors the team (ala Holden Racing Team and Ford Performance Racing) but any other team in the series should be called what they are... I'm a realist, designating the cars in this series falcons or commodores is as much as a joke as calling nascars chevys/fords/toyota's.

Living in fantasy land is not what I'd call an adult discussion (infact its quite juvenille)
Old 7 Nov 2011, 09:35 (Ref:2982651)   #45
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
its not really important if you think its a joke, that is what they are designated. its in the rules of the series

for you to suggest we should call them something else, does not make any logical sense

every race car in every series is designated something based on some base that they use,

In V8 supercar they are designated a holden commodore and a ford falcon.

otherwise how would we be able to talk about a particular car.

you have taken you thoughts about it not being a road car to an extreme that isnt there

Ps you are wrong about Red Bull, It is more than just a sponsor, it is a builder of race cars The car is actually designated a Red Bull or the RB7 after the company that designed and builds the car
Old 7 Nov 2011, 10:11 (Ref:2982667)   #46
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
its not really important if you think its a joke, that is what they are designated. its in the rules of the series

for you to suggest we should call them something else, does not make any logical sense

every race car in every series is designated something based on some base that they use,

In V8 supercar they are designated a holden commodore and a ford falcon.

otherwise how would we be able to talk about a particular car.

you have taken you thoughts about it not being a road car to an extreme that isnt there

Ps you are wrong about Red Bull, It is more than just a sponsor, it is a builder of race cars The car is actually designated a Red Bull or the RB7 after the company that designed and builds the car
How would you talk about a particular car? The title sponsor or the number would be sufficent

Ps. You're agreeing with me
Old 7 Nov 2011, 10:32 (Ref:2982677)   #47
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
we dont talk about other cars in other forms of motor sport like that, why would we do it in the v8's

PS no im not agreeing with you Red Bull are the maufacturer, we dont actually think its a red bull, but we call it that, its not even red. Renault are the motor,as they are in other teams
Old 7 Nov 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2982698)   #48
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
we dont talk about other cars in other forms of motor sport like that, why would we do it in the v8's

PS no im not agreeing with you Red Bull are the maufacturer, we dont actually think its a red bull, but we call it that, its not even red. Renault are the motor,as they are in other teams
Speak for yourself.

Owner/spronsor, whatever. The fact is they aren't called Megane's........
Old 7 Nov 2011, 21:34 (Ref:2982913)   #49
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is getting boring...

Old 8 Nov 2011, 06:10 (Ref:2983029)   #50
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
North melbournes mascot is a kangaroo. Red bull are the title sponsor and renault is the team.

I'd have no problem calling a team 'holden' providing that is who sponsors the team (ala Holden Racing Team and Ford Performance Racing) but any other team in the series should be called what they are... I'm a realist, designating the cars in this series falcons or commodores is as much as a joke as calling nascars chevys/fords/toyota's.

Living in fantasy land is not what I'd call an adult discussion (infact its quite juvenille)
They are Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon V8 Supercars. Their respective brand owners are happy to call them that.

I am under no illusion that these V8 Supercars have anything in common with their road going cousins.

My adult brain can seperate a V8 Supercar from a road car and associate the name of Commodore and Falcon with both - just as there is a road going Camry and a Camry stockcar.