Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Feb 2013, 11:36 (Ref:3198064)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another nice crash hat bites the dust.

Lewis' new skull cap:

These drivers need to give their heads a wobble. Stop meddling!
Old 2 Feb 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3198093)   #2
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!

The greatest of them all - what, no logos?

Last edited by nicanary; 2 Feb 2013 at 11:59. Reason: photo of Fangio's brown Herbert johnson did not appear
Old 2 Feb 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3198178)   #3
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it, the further it gets away from Senna's helmet the better it gets!
Old 2 Feb 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3198186)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't mind it, in fact may even like it. The smeary look to the lines is quite good, and it's not as messy and over-glamorous as a few of Vettel's.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 17:14 (Ref:3198217)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I confess I think it's awful. But I think the same way about the trend these days for changing helmet designs for every other race....
Old 2 Feb 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3198221)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Too true. An awful helmet, used permanently, is better than great helmets changed every race.

Although Vettel manages the spectacular feat of having a different crap helmet every week.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3198292)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Should stand out well against the rather drab looking silver of the Merc.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 20:24 (Ref:3198293)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like it ! Yeah, that Mercedes logo... uhn...
Old 2 Feb 2013, 21:31 (Ref:3198315)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Monsteredes?
Old 3 Feb 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3198505)   #10
The IC
Racer

Australia
The IC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Should stand out well against the rather drab looking silver of the Merc.
But isnt Nicos helmet mostly yellow aswell?
Old 3 Feb 2013, 10:47 (Ref:3198506)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The IC View Post
This actual design is closer to Nico's really. The visor is the big differentiator.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 11:01 (Ref:3198518)   #12
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't like it when any fuss is made over a helmet design. Just saying.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 11:06 (Ref:3198521)   #13
The IC
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
This actual design is closer to Nico's really. The visor is the big differentiator.
Yeah...hopefully between that and the colourful vs grey graphics, they should be different enough to recognise quickly
Old 4 Feb 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3199339)   #14
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just seen a short vid on the BBC F1 site showing Nico and Lewis sat on the car and Nico was holding a helmet that to me looked to be grey and pink(i could be wrong it could be Salmon ! )
Old 5 Feb 2013, 02:01 (Ref:3199378)   #15
The IC
Racer

Australia
Really?...theyre both holding yellow helmets in the photo on the mercedes f1 website with them both sitting on the car...

http://assets.mercedes-amg-f1.com/st...launch_big.jpg
Old 5 Feb 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3199476)   #16
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Really?...theyre both holding yellow helmets in the photo on the mercedes f1 website with them both sitting on the car...

http://assets.mercedes-amg-f1.com/st...launch_big.jpg
Tired eyes last night ! Just checked the link you posted and yes both are yellow thankfully . The BBC vid must have been affected by failing light ,my excuse anyway .
Old 5 Feb 2013, 14:43 (Ref:3199607)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Why do these skid lids need to be so complicated, it was always so much better with a small selection of colours in simple styles, not to mention them being more obvious to bloody recognise!

Black and red
yellow green and blue
white and blue
blue and white
white and red

i'll stop randomly naming different colours now.
Old 5 Feb 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3199609)   #18
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Just seen a short vid on the BBC F1 site showing Nico and Lewis sat on the car and Nico was holding a helmet that to me looked to be grey and pink(i could be wrong it could be Salmon ! )
I just had a look. I think that was just the magenta filter they used on the film. It made Lewis's helmet look red too.
Old 22 May 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3251648)   #19
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

He's such a wanna be ghetto boy now :/
Old 22 May 2013, 14:07 (Ref:3251681)   #20
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow the racing must be really boring these days if all anyone can talk about is who's got a new paint-job on their helmet. I lost interest a few years ago in F1, too many rule changes, to many gimmicks with DRS / Kerrs, too many good drivers not showing through because the electronics crapped out blah blah. And now with ******s like Vettal shafting their own teammates whenever they get the chance, I can't be bothered watching and getting back into it. Bring back cars with no electronics, a proper gearstick that requires a hand off the wheel to change gear, and 3 pedals on the floor!!!! Today's guys are just racing computer games......
Old 22 May 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3251712)   #21
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I like the helmet, personally... nice melange of colors. But what I don't like, which is reflected in almost everyone's comments on here, is how F1 drivers seem to change their helmets every race. How many helmets has Vettel had? Over 20?
Old 22 May 2013, 15:40 (Ref:3251725)   #22
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post

He's such a wanna be ghetto boy now :/
I can only hope this is some sort of photoshopped madness...

Selby
Old 22 May 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3251794)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ridiculous really why can't they just have a basic design and stick with it, in a few years time there will be so many of these things lying around and they will not actually mean anything as they will not be recognisable as an individual drivers helmet
Old 22 May 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3251817)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh my... can't believe it !
Old 22 May 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3251818)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you lot need to get out more.

what worries me most is... shouldn't roscoe's tongue be er, hanging in the other direction? aerodynamics and wind tunnels and all that?