Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Choose..
Adrian Sutil 10 30.30%
Jules Bianchi 23 69.70%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Feb 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3211885)   #51
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Although results don't lie, except when subject to protest!
Old 27 Feb 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3211899)   #52
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to Joe Saward both Sutil and Bianchi have FI contracts, both have been sent plane tickets to Australia by the team. Which one will end up driving who knows?

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2013/...d-force-india/
Old 27 Feb 2013, 22:59 (Ref:3211910)   #53
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
According to Joe Saward both Sutil and Bianchi have FI contracts, both have been sent plane tickets to Australia by the team. Which one will end up driving who knows?

Would you sign a contract that FI sent you without a signaure on it?

I certainly would not!
Old 27 Feb 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3211912)   #54
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Bianchi to Marussia makes sence for a number of reasons. Marussia have no engine deal for 2014, Ferrari don't appear to have any customer deals for '14 either and Toro Rosso seem to be going for Renault next year.

Who knows what might happen but it's not long till Melbourne when the bull s*** stops.

Ferrari turbo engines IIRC were basically just bombs!
Hence the FIA banned turbos.

Who'd want one?
Old 27 Feb 2013, 23:44 (Ref:3211942)   #55
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Who'd want one?
That was over 20 years ago. If you are Marussia you are unlikely to have 20 engine manufacturers knocking at your door and being one of two customer teams sounds more attractive than one of six.

Ferrari have always prided themselves on building good engines, its the chassis that is more likely to be the weak point.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3211965)   #56
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm disappointed that FI have decided to take Sutil over Bianchi. I've been following JB for years and, despite a few blips along the way, he has been very impressive. Sutil has had his chance. He has shown flashes of speed but I don't feel has ever been one of the best. His consistency isn't there.

Also, by hiring Sutil (again), does this not undermine Force India's initial decision to release him at the end of 2011. He is still convicted of the assault, whatever James Allen says. If he was released because of the criminal charges against him, then nothing has really changed. If he was released because his performance was going nowhere, then what has made the team rethink?
Old 28 Feb 2013, 00:34 (Ref:3211978)   #57
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Who'd want one?
Turbo engines were banned because the power outputs were getting extreme. Ferrari's turbo engines were no worse or better than anyone's with regard to reliability.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 01:43 (Ref:3212008)   #58
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Turbo engines were banned because the power outputs were getting extreme. Ferrari's turbo engines were no worse or better than anyone's with regard to reliability.
Then why not just reduce the capacity?
Old 28 Feb 2013, 03:26 (Ref:3212044)   #59
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Correct choice..

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105744

This thread is about driver choice isn't it ?
Old 28 Feb 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3212108)   #60
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

But if the tickets are with Kingfisher Airlines they may neither get off the ground...
Old 28 Feb 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3212129)   #61
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Correct choice..

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105744

This thread is about driver choice isn't it ?
But don't we think this decision was made on commercial considerations... Autosport are making out here that it was on driving ability which I find very difficult to believe.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3212155)   #62
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
But don't we think this decision was made on commercial considerations... Autosport are making out here that it was on driving ability which I find very difficult to believe.
Sadly, I agree with you davyboy.

Terrible decision by FI.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 12:11 (Ref:3212232)   #63
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Virtually all driver appointments are made with commercial decisions in mind. All the way down to Formula Renault. To think otherwise is simply living in cloud cuckoo land imho. You don't really think Perez was "scouted" do you?

Having said that, I think you will find Sutil was a tad quicker than DiResta the last time out, although I'm sure Paul has improved considerably since then.

Personally I think it'll be a fascinating partnership.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3212235)   #64
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
fascinating, as in deja vu we've been here before fascinating?

*grumbles bitterly*
Old 28 Feb 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3212242)   #65
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
fascinating, as in deja vu we've been here before fascinating?

*grumbles bitterly*
Ha Ha! Yes I know what you mean but I can't see Bianchi will come to much harm having another year of being third driver bearing in mind all bets are off in terms of car performance next season? It's not Groundhog Day yet.

Having said that it's not really the same as before with Sutil vs DiResta because whoever comes out on top will probably survive into 2014?

Things are so close these days with 2/10s maybe moving you 5 or 8 places up the grid I find myself looking back to the old days where you saw an Alonso or Webber outperforming in a Minardi and you could say with some confidence "Yes, he's got it!".

Now I find it much harder.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3212246)   #66
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
Ha Ha! Yes I know what you mean but I can't see Bianchi will come to much harm having another year of being third driver bearing in mind all bets are off in terms of car performance next season? It's not Groundhog Day yet.
'sactly the opposite, imo. a year's experience quietly figuring out how the team dynamic works out in a race weekend situation when you're actually pedalling the car, and not just spectating, and establishing how the tyres work is all good experience when it comes to the magical mystery tour in 2014. you don't really want to be dropped in that particular deep end wet behind the ears, surely?

that's partly why i don't think a year with marussia would be such a terrible thing at all, but there are political engine related reasons why that'll never happen.

nothing against sutil, you understand. perfectly competant driver, but there will be no high fives anywhere over that particular signing.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3212260)   #67
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think that Sutil is all that Force India need for the time being. They certainly don't want to finish in the constructors championship any lower than they did last season if survival is an issue. Sutil may not be a superstar, but he is a safe bet for a decent haul of points, and as we all know, points make prizes.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 01:41 (Ref:3212518)   #68
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I hope Eric Lux has learnt to keep his hands to himself, and not attempt to lift someone out of a chair who is just there to have a drink with his friends..

Adrian Sutil is a *classically trained* concert pianist apart from needing his hands to drive a F1 car, does anyone REALY believe that he would have put all of that at risk to assault Eric Lux ?

Can we please get away from the ” he is a criminal” and look at the possibility that it could well have been an accident and completely unintentional on Sutil’s behalf ?

I am glad you are back Sutil, now drive the wheels off that car..
Old 1 Mar 2013, 02:34 (Ref:3212537)   #69
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
This was my response to a poster at Joe Sawards blog today..

Ivory tower clap trap..
Old 1 Mar 2013, 14:58 (Ref:3212751)   #70
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Joe Saward seems very pro-Lux and anti-Sutil in this case.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 15:17 (Ref:3212762)   #71
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he is also writing a lot about Sutil's eligibility to get travel documents to several countries often siting Canada as an example of one of them.

i find this strange considering the NHL,NBA,NFL, and MLB routinely have players cross the Canada USA border for events. unless he believes that not a single athlete in any of those categories have criminal records, charges pending, parole obligations, or involved in litigation in some way im not really sure what he is talking about.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 15:40 (Ref:3212773)   #72
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe he's talked a lot about this possibility without saying anything concrete. The only people I know of to say anything solid about this are Sutil and his management and possibly people from Force India themselves.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3212775)   #73
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
a quick swot up on visa requirements for the united states leave me generally none the wiser. however, a conviction for assault is grounds for refusal from the elecromagic visa waiver thing, which then means you have to apply for a visa. it's also grounds for a visa refusal, though you can appeal against that in certain circumstances. it's unclear to me whether those requirements are different for the athlete and performer visas - which is probably the type he'd be applying for.

basically, i think it'd depend on the consular official he and his representatives ended up dealing with. the only way to find out would be to apply.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 15:53 (Ref:3212781)   #74
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
a quick swot up on visa requirements for the united states leave me generally none the wiser. however, a conviction for assault is grounds for refusal from the elecromagic visa waiver thing, which then means you have to apply for a visa. it's also grounds for a visa refusal, though you can appeal against that in certain circumstances. it's unclear to me whether those requirements are different for the athlete and performer visas - which is probably the type he'd be applying for.

basically, i think it'd depend on the consular official he and his representatives ended up dealing with. the only way to find out would be to apply.
So basically, as Bob Fearnly just said, it's a 'wait and see' job? Wonderful

Not sure what the fuss is about whether he gets a visa or not, if he doesn't then there are plenty other good drivers who can be slotted in for a race or two. No problem at all.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3212785)   #75
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Jeremy.