Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What do you rate the race?
10 1 1.32%
9 1 1.32%
8 4 5.26%
7 9 11.84%
6 19 25.00%
5 11 14.47%
4 11 14.47%
3 11 14.47%
2 4 5.26%
1 5 6.58%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 May 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3246275)   #26
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Hamilton
I can't drive any slower
As grand prix racing goes, that's about as bleak as it gets.
Old 12 May 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3246278)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
But we all like moaning about things so what ever happens we will all ways find something to moan about
Old 12 May 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3246287)   #28
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

This race may have been the least interesting for me thus far this year.
Old 12 May 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3246296)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm going to be generous and give it three. If it wasn't for all those tyre stops the race would have been really boring. Then again, having all these tyre stops and cars coming in as early as lap 6 for the first stop, has brought F1 to a level of artificiality, that goes beyond DRS. A second tyre manufacturer would make a real difference but I don't think that's going to happen.
Old 12 May 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3246311)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You really can't argue with that, can you - tyre stops after 6-7 laps really are a complete joke.....
Old 12 May 2013, 17:42 (Ref:3246324)   #31
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3 , Why ? 82 pit stops .
Old 12 May 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3246325)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You really can't argue with that, can you - tyre stops after 6-7 laps really are a complete joke.....
Normally, if such a word can be used in F1, there are usually a number initial battles within the first 6 or so laps, as the cars get up to optimum performance and the drivers settle in but if the driver's got to watch his tyres before he comes in, in 6 laps time, those initial battles are going to be short lived.
Old 12 May 2013, 17:44 (Ref:3246326)   #33
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pirelli seem to be bringing the wrong compounds to the races. I think that supersofts are scheduled for Monaco - and that will make it ridiculous.

As for this race - well, it gets a 3 from me. That is being generous. Only thing that was good about it was the first couple of laps with Nico defending. After he got passed it was a snoozefest. Spain isn't a great circuit - but this has to be one of the most boring races ever. Far too many pitstops as well.
Old 12 May 2013, 17:47 (Ref:3246332)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Pirelli seem to be bringing the wrong compounds to the races. I think that supersofts are scheduled for Monaco - and that will make it ridiculous.
But are they bringing what they're asked to bring?
Old 12 May 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3246344)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But are they bringing what they're asked to bring?
Who determines, decides what tyres are to be brought to a GP?
Old 12 May 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3246361)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There wasn't much overtaking thankfully.
Old 12 May 2013, 18:47 (Ref:3246367)   #37
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Gave it a two. Usually I'm able to find the positives in a race but they just werent apparent to me. The tyres were far too dominant and there was little tension as a result. Great drives from Alonso and Massa but not enough to put me anywhere close the edge of my seat. I've been very positive of Pirelli for the last two years as they have consistently given us much more exciting and interesting races that any other time I've watched F1 but I think that they have gone a step too far this year
Old 12 May 2013, 18:51 (Ref:3246368)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
When the racing was usually non-existent, we moaned and now when the racing is usually nonsensical we are still moaning. It's a perfectly consistent moan in the other words.

In short we are moaning that we fans are being by-passed. Firstly the sport was sleep walking, then they woke up not to the fans but to the masses and so turned the sport into a circus to amuse them.
I think they did listen and they have given the fans what they asked for. It isn't the way the fans wanted it, as it turns out. I wouldn't say they have always ignored the fans. It is trying to please them that this situation has arisen.
Old 12 May 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3246372)   #39
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
When the racing was usually non-existent, we moaned and now when the racing is usually nonsensical we are still moaning. It's a perfectly consistent moan in the other words.

In short we are moaning that we fans are being by-passed. Firstly the sport was sleep walking, then they woke up not to the fans but to the masses and so turned the sport into a circus to amuse them.
x2

It's happening to all of racing I'm afraid...

jimclark
Old 12 May 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3246374)   #40
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first lap was great, but I have to say that I have had enough of these Pirelli tyres. In the BBC race commentary David Coulthard made the perfect point that none of the drivers could push the tyres at all, and when there was an onboard of Felipe Massa you could tell he was forced to coax so much, lifting off the power and getting on it very late.

The DRS is BS too, granted we would have less passes without it, but at least they would be genuine rather than 'fake'.
Old 12 May 2013, 19:20 (Ref:3246377)   #41
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
The first lap was great, but I have to say that I have had enough of these Pirelli tyres. In the BBC race commentary David Coulthard made the perfect point that none of the drivers could push the tyres at all, and when there was an onboard of Felipe Massa you could tell he was forced to coax so much, lifting off the power and getting on it very late.

The DRS is BS too, granted we would have less passes without it, but at least they would be genuine rather than 'fake'.
Again, x2.

(refer to post #39)

jimclark
Old 12 May 2013, 19:39 (Ref:3246384)   #42
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Boring.
Old 12 May 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3246387)   #43
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually enjoyed this race, at least the first 2 stints. Alonso's great start, and tactical win were interesting, and ther first 6 cars were still on a string. After Alonso overtook Rosberg the fire went out a bit, apart from the fight between Raikkonen and Vettel. An average race (6) with a great start (+1) -> 7
Old 12 May 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3246422)   #44
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Meh. 4

22 drivers chugging around for an hour and a half trying not to ruin their tyres.
Old 12 May 2013, 22:31 (Ref:3246452)   #45
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 6...
Old 13 May 2013, 01:18 (Ref:3246485)   #46
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catingaround View Post

exceptionally boring, but at least it appears Ferrari will give RBR a run.
Those are my thoughts exactly. If Alonso and Vettel had switched roles I would have given it a 1. The tire conservation roleplaying is really getting to me. 4 stops in a race is just shameful. The only good thing about this race was the first lap and the fact the Vettel lost some points to his competitors. Also, it's nice to see someone win in front of their home crowd, unless it's Vettel, of course!

3, although it could've been a 4 or 5. Very undecided on this one. I think the implications of the race is what's more important to me rather than the race itself, which was essentially just hotlapping. :/
Old 13 May 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3246599)   #47
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Tyre conservation used to be a part of F1 in the 80s and early 90s until refuelling and the pit lane speed limit was introduced. However I am unsure as to what has changed to be honest. Drivers in the 80s (and perhaps 70s also) would often try to finish a race doing 1 stop or maybe no stops, whereas other drivers would stop 2-3 times. The guys doing no stops would have to preserve tyres whereas the drivers stopping 2 or 3 times could really push the tyres. So again, what has changed and why isn't this dynamic the case with modern F1?
Old 13 May 2013, 10:39 (Ref:3246656)   #48
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I gave it a 4. In terms of racing it was more like a 6, but lost two points because of the now-over-the-top tyre situation.

Not that I think the tyre situation itself is such a massive problem - I still feel that the teams/FIA/FOM are getting what they asked for plus the law of unintended consequences - but the 2 points I knocked off were one for all the moaning about tyres from everyone *but* the majority of teams, and one more for the fact that I got pulled in and started moaning about them myself.

Must try harder not to.
Old 13 May 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3246667)   #49
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race early on but lacked passing and excitement toward the end. 7 from me.
Old 13 May 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3246692)   #50
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
6. The tyres and the DRS have stopped the usual processions around that race track. The tyres, in particular, are stopping Red Bull from running away with things. 6 seems a fair score for any Spanish GP.