Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Rosberg 45 52.94%
Hamilton 0 0%
Alonso 0 0%
Massa 0 0%
Vettel 0 0%
Webber 0 0%
Raikkonen 1 1.18%
Grosjean 1 1.18%
Button 0 0%
Perez 3 3.53%
Vergne 1 1.18%
Ricciardo 0 0%
Hulkenberg 0 0%
Gutierrez 0 0%
Maldonado 0 0%
Bottas 0 0%
Bianchi 0 0%
Chilton 0 0%
Pic 0 0%
van der Garde 0 0%
di Resta 3 3.53%
Sutil 31 36.47%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 May 2013, 07:54 (Ref:3253859)   #26
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Sutilgets it from me for his overtaking, almost impossible to overtake there usually but he managed to do it so all credit to him
Old 27 May 2013, 09:14 (Ref:3253898)   #27
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great for Nico, well deserved win but giving it to Sutil. Perez a complete pain!
Old 27 May 2013, 09:17 (Ref:3253901)   #28
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nico ,great weekend ,the total package for this race.
Old 27 May 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3253953)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossie View Post
I'd actually very much like to see Kimi win the WC this year.

He's right on the way !
Old 27 May 2013, 13:24 (Ref:3253981)   #30
Hesketh
Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keke
Old 27 May 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3253982)   #31
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Rosberg, no doubt.

Honorable mentions to Sutil and Raikkonen.

When are we going to see the 6 Monaco Miracle laps of Kimi?!?! I can't believe they had the cheek to miss out 6 overtakes in as many laps. That has to be a new Monaco record, surely?!

Selby
Old 27 May 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3254034)   #32
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've moved away from my usual policy of heavily biasing my DOTR choice in favour of the winner, even though the winner did an outstanding job. Instead I've given it to Sutil for getting a very respectable result out of the Force India, and doing it in style with some very classy overtaking.

Plonker of the Race (well, weekend) goes to Grosjean of course, although Massa made himself a serious contender by doing a carbon copy of his practice accident during the race. (Hope he's OK though, because it looked like he had tweaked his neck despite the HANS and the sidehead restraints.)

Perez removed himself from a few Christmas card lists, but I don't feel too heavily down on him: he was having a good go. It was a shame that he overstepped the mark with some of those moves because it will tarnish his reputation with the world at large, and his relationship with JB must now be rusted-through completely.
Old 27 May 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3254051)   #33
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Rosberg, no doubt.

Honorable mentions to Sutil and Raikkonen.

When are we going to see the 6 Monaco Miracle laps of Kimi?!?! I can't believe they had the cheek to miss out 6 overtakes in as many laps. That has to be a new Monaco record, surely?!

Selby
They showed the overtakes on BBC straight after teh race. Bizarrely Bottas jumped out the way as if he thought he was being lapped.
Old 27 May 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3254066)   #34
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift View Post

Actually I would like to to see them remove that chicane and run straight into Tabac just like the old days, then we could have a genuine passing straight (just don't run wide!)
That might be a good idea. I've always thought that the modified Ste. Devoute corner doesn't help overtaking nowadays. You can't go up the inside of that now - even we did see an overtake around the outside of it yesterday.

As for my driver of the day - Nico - because he is British. No, seriously, he was fastest of all weekend and did deserve this victory.

For 2nd place - it has to Sutil. Superb drive from him. Showing that a driver can make the difference around Monaco. Superb and clinical overtakes.

3rd place - Kimi. He has really matured since he has found his way back to F1. He seems much more consistent in his racecraft. Coming back from his little accident with Pérez to claim another points scoring finish was superb. An amazing result from him.

I'll give honourable mention to Di Resta as well.

As for Alonso - he seemed to want to go for a nice snooze. Really was an off day for him. Nando had a siesta in Monte Carlo.
Old 27 May 2013, 16:07 (Ref:3254068)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Nando Has a Siesta in Monte Carlo.
That sounds like the latest children's bestseller......
Old 27 May 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3254205)   #36
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rosberg mastered Montecarlo for once. As did his father 30 years ago.
Old 27 May 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3254236)   #37
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nico R , fastest in practice sessions , pole and race win . Mentions to A Sutil for great overtakes and a great 5th place and Kimi for getting back to 10th .
Old 28 May 2013, 03:02 (Ref:3254315)   #38
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
I give it to Kimi. Moving up the field smartly and still managed to get a point after being hit from behind by Perez. The rest were just cruising till the checkered flag thinking about the next race. Honorable mention Sutil who actually looked like a racer. Perez made it exciting to watch and was looking good for my vote till he had a brain fade.
Old 28 May 2013, 11:22 (Ref:3254456)   #39
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kimi grabs a point and makes one.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/videos/35...on-hulkenberg/
Old 28 May 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3254698)   #40
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I didn't watch the race, but I saw the qualifying and race results, so...
Old 29 May 2013, 03:03 (Ref:3254801)   #41
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutil, superb passing.
Old 29 May 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3254870)   #42
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nico muller! oh wait, wrong race

but seriously, the other nico because he won, and everyone else didn't. at monaco, it's as simple as that.
Old 29 May 2013, 10:40 (Ref:3254938)   #43
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Perez removed himself from a few Christmas card lists, but I don't feel too heavily down on him: he was having a good go. It was a shame that he overstepped the mark with some of those moves because it will tarnish his reputation with the world at large, and his relationship with JB must now be rusted-through completely.
Ah well, I doubt he'll lose much sleep over that, as many haven't before him!
Old 29 May 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3254983)   #44
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rubens said on TV that Perez and JB are no friends... (Rubens is the new commentator and the guy who walks the grid before the race now...)
Old 29 May 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3254989)   #45
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Rubens said on TV that Perez and JB are no friends... (Rubens is the new commentator and the guy who walks the grid before the race now...)
It's not a surprise, Button may have justifiably felt he would have a particularly strong season with a McLaren team all to himself with Lewis out the way and a new teammate as an unknown quantity who would probably just be doing what he was told and bedding himself into his new environment.

Turns out the car's been a dog and that newbie is starting to show him the way.
Old 29 May 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3254990)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's not really surprising they're not bestest pals, is it?
Old 29 May 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3255013)   #47
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I guess the big surprise is the state of McLaren this season, so far.
Old 30 May 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3255665)   #48
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sadly that's no surprise either. McLaren seem to shoot themselves in the foot.