Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the European Grand Prix?
10 1 1.75%
9 1 1.75%
8 2 3.51%
7 6 10.53%
6 6 10.53%
5 8 14.04%
4 9 15.79%
3 11 19.30%
2 6 10.53%
1 7 12.28%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:59 (Ref:3653413)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: European Grand Prix 2016

What score do you give the European Grand Prix?
Old 19 Jun 2016, 15:06 (Ref:3653418)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 19 Jun 2016, 15:07 (Ref:3653421)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Devoid of any action whatsoever, this was by far one of the dullest GP's I have ever seen.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 15:09 (Ref:3653423)   #4
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back to sleep.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 15:40 (Ref:3653444)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I don't see the point of going to Baku ?? Gorgeous looking city, extremely dull race ..
I rate this exercise a 3...
Old 19 Jun 2016, 15:49 (Ref:3653453)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
4. Please let's not go again.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 16:03 (Ref:3653461)   #7
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Beer cans and plastic bags on the track, not even mentioning the drain covers and bumps. Please someone explain me why do we have an "European" GP in a city that's not even in Europe?
Old 19 Jun 2016, 16:06 (Ref:3653463)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
1. Beer cans and plastic bags on the track, not even mentioning the drain covers and bumps. Please someone explain me why do we have an "European" GP in a city that's not even in Europe?
Because Flavio Briatore thought it was a great idea.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 16:18 (Ref:3653470)   #9
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
1 It was a stupid idea to have a GP at the Le Mans week-end. And it appears to be, that this marathon was too emotional - even a usual GP would be nowhere near to it, not mentioning that complete dullness that they have in Baku.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 16:18 (Ref:3653472)   #10
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania

And/or Bernard Charles Ecclestone. Other than that?
Old 19 Jun 2016, 16:22 (Ref:3653474)   #11
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You know the answer as well as I do: Azerbaijan paid Bernie a lot of money to host the race. Simple as that. And money in is bank account is ultimately what matters most to Bernie.

I gave the race a 4. Boring certainly but most any F1 race has the potential to be boring these days. Baku is pretty plus was impressed by the lack of safety cars.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 16:29 (Ref:3653479)   #12
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
I don't mind having a "GP of Azerbaijan". It sucked, bad organized but it could have been worse, I guess. My question was why was it called the GP of Europe.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 16:31 (Ref:3653480)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Admittedly, I was distracted by Le Mans and particularly the events surrounding the last two laps. However, if a Formula 1 GP can't draw my attention away long enough, to follow what's going on, then there's something wrong with F1.

I should give 2 but because of Le Mans distractions, 3.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 16:31 (Ref:3653481)   #14
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2.. and that is being very generous. It's not that it's Baku or anything, but the lay-out etc didn't make for an exiting race, even though the surroundings are gorgeous. Maybe if they made the circuit half the width it was now at times..
Old 19 Jun 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3653504)   #15
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's San Marino logic.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 17:15 (Ref:3653511)   #16
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
It's San Marino logic.
No it's not! At least Imola or Nurburgring or Jerez or Donnington Park or Brands Hatch or Valencia were actualy in Europe...
Old 19 Jun 2016, 17:24 (Ref:3653521)   #17
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
FOM's quest for money on show. Dreadfull track, race FAR too long, no atmosphere, no crowd, barely anyone watching from balconies overlooking the circuit. Clashed with Le Mans, all in all entirely pointless.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 17:34 (Ref:3653525)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
FOM's quest for money on show. Dreadfull track, race FAR too long, no atmosphere, no crowd, barely anyone watching from balconies overlooking the circuit. Clashed with Le Mans, all in all entirely pointless.
Agreed, pointless.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 19:35 (Ref:3653590)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Worst race ever. Call this Grand Prix racing? A total joke. I'm never going to watch again.

Posted from Le Mans on some magical electronic device XT-43-F
Old 19 Jun 2016, 20:45 (Ref:3653607)   #20
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The track has some character, and a big long straight to help overtakes. The race was not great, but not as bad as you lot are making out (IMO).
Old 19 Jun 2016, 21:53 (Ref:3653622)   #21
owrforever
Rookie

United States
America's Dairyland
owrforever should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridowrforever should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dud

Baku, the city, looked very westernized, it's amazing how much money can be made in human trafficking. I couldn't help but think that the word went out to the boy's to be on their "good behavior," at least through Turn 11. Event took on a sterile appearance, camera angles made it look like there was no attendance. A very disappointing non-event, and I missed the last two laps of Le Mans!
Old 19 Jun 2016, 22:14 (Ref:3653632)   #22
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For all of you guys blaming the track, didn't you watch the GP2? Two of the most action filled GP2 races I've ever seen. It's definitely not the tracks fault, it's F1's for this dullfest.

If Rosberg had a bad start and RB didn't miss the setup, we could have had a great race. or maybe pull a SC out to pick up some of the bags so that Vettel could get into Nico's DRS.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 00:05 (Ref:3653658)   #23
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Gave it a 4 - imho far, far too easy to overtake on that long straight but in general it was a race without passion. Now the teams have run a full race distance on it and worked out the approach needed, future races here may improve the score.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 00:12 (Ref:3653661)   #24
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Worst race ever. Call this Grand Prix racing? A total joke. I'm never going to watch again.

Posted from Le Mans on some magical electronic device XT-43-F
Me neither, not even a glimpse. Like ever.

This race deserves a 10. Hearing Lewis Moaning was pretty funny.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 00:23 (Ref:3653666)   #25
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the race was as bad as Le Mans then we would have had, say, Button or Sainz or Perez lead the entire race until the last 20 seconds (yep I did the math) as he pulls over to the side of the road and Rosberg/Hamilton cross the line first.