Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Jun 2010, 21:55 (Ref:2714001)   #126
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Ponzi??

Some people have always said Mr Gore may be mad.. but Madoff?
Gore is the classic case of a guy that got involved in too many things and spread himself too thin.
Old 7 Jul 2010, 00:09 (Ref:2722841)   #127
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
opinion8head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Scott Keller said,

"only a matter of time before this way of doing buisness would collapse"

ITM... Investors million$ evaporated from these clearly manipulated schemes.
Of the 'honourable principals'...if you are to believe it...poor ol Craig got stitched up by a few tricky buggers...former business partners & employees.

CG states he hit financial trouble...and looks foward to his day in court to publicly confirm his reputation.

He's got more front than Blackpool that prick...
Old 18 Nov 2010, 23:19 (Ref:2792896)   #128
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Well he's back in the news again again,

This time putting together Australia's biggest ever personal insolvency agreement - Links here:
http://www.smh.com.au/business/winwi...118-17z9u.html
http://www.smh.com.au/business/white...118-17zfx.html

He is certainly a fighter but has given himself a chance out of all this - the legal bills for all concerned must be enormous in their own right.
Old 19 Nov 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2792916)   #129
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the bloke has been bankrupt once before, more fool those who lent him millions again!!
Old 19 Nov 2010, 05:02 (Ref:2792974)   #130
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The proof, if you owe a bank a hundred bucks, you have a problem, if you owe the bank a hundred million bucks, the bank has a problem.
Old 19 Nov 2010, 10:00 (Ref:2793039)   #131
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
The proof, if you owe a bank a hundred bucks, you have a problem, if you owe the bank a hundred million bucks, the bank has a problem.

Absolutely true....Alan Bond used the same principal!
Old 19 Nov 2010, 11:01 (Ref:2793059)   #132
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just goes to show what B/S the BRW top 200 wealth list is.
Old 19 Nov 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2793102)   #133
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So having been bankrupt until 1999, it's taken 10 years to lose another $495m? That's impressive by anybody's standards. You wonder that nobody noticed earlier. $17m to American Express is more than a few dinners and hotel rooms in that time as well.

How exactly is he intending to repay $1m a year? The business list looks like he's mainly going to be trading with himself in various company guises, unless he sells one heck of a lot of wine!
Old 19 Nov 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2793255)   #134
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
So having been bankrupt until 1999, it's taken 10 years to lose another $495m? That's impressive by anybody's standards. You wonder that nobody noticed earlier. $17m to American Express is more than a few dinners and hotel rooms in that time as well.

How exactly is he intending to repay $1m a year? The business list looks like he's mainly going to be trading with himself in various company guises, unless he sells one heck of a lot of wine!
I thought I saw it mentioned in one of these articles that he was being paid a $2million a year consulting fee for some Marina Development group
Old 19 Nov 2010, 23:52 (Ref:2793293)   #135
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but isn't that a company he has significant interest in??
Old 20 Nov 2010, 05:10 (Ref:2793338)   #136
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So V8 Supercar fans that wanted to support the series and its sponsors, invest their superannuation with WPS and lose their shirts. OK, so they might have been a bit foolish.

But they lose their shirts, possibly homes and futures.

Did Gore miss so much as a meal? I gravely doubt it.

This does not strike me as being bad luck. There's a lot of money that's just 'gone missing.' It's somewhere. Bet Gore's back in a luxury car, house, boat and helicopter soon.

Makes me sad that I don't believe in Hell.

Kramer
Old 20 Nov 2010, 06:43 (Ref:2793355)   #137
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post
So V8 Supercar fans that wanted to support the series and its sponsors, invest their superannuation with WPS and lose their shirts. OK, so they might have been a bit foolish.

But they lose their shirts, possibly homes and futures.

Did Gore miss so much as a meal? I gravely doubt it.

This does not strike me as being bad luck. There's a lot of money that's just 'gone missing.' It's somewhere. Bet Gore's back in a luxury car, house, boat and helicopter soon.

Makes me sad that I don't believe in Hell.

Kramer
My QLD people tell me the "Watcher" is watching him.
Old 20 Nov 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2793420)   #138
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
I thought I saw it mentioned in one of these articles that he was being paid a $2million a year consulting fee for some Marina Development group
One named after his girlfriend according to that article. So presumably not one who's employing him for his expertise, whatever that may be in.
Old 20 Nov 2010, 23:01 (Ref:2793630)   #139
kramer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bailey View Post
My QLD people tell me the "Watcher" is watching him.
Perhaps the Committee For Aesthetic Deletions (http://www.thatsjustnotright.com/for...pic=26214&st=0) could have a crack.

Kramer
Old 28 Nov 2010, 20:07 (Ref:2796879)   #140
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
And a little bit more today here

Three automobiles: a 1969 Cadillac de Ville, a Ford V8 Supercar and a 1997 "championship" car which are collectively valued at between $35,000 and $60,000.

Anyone know which "Ford V8 Supercar" they are talking about, and why it is valued at so little
Old 28 Nov 2010, 22:08 (Ref:2796927)   #141
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
And a little bit more today here

Three automobiles: a 1969 Cadillac de Ville, a Ford V8 Supercar and a 1997 "championship" car which are collectively valued at between $35,000 and $60,000.

Anyone know which "Ford V8 Supercar" they are talking about, and why it is valued at so little
The 00-Motorsport-built ex-Crompton/ex-Noske AU, the one they took to Shanghai to do hotlaps.. and suitably updated body-wise to BA specification to run as a ride car...
Old 29 Nov 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2796972)   #142
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1997 championship car? Glen Seton's EL?
Old 29 Nov 2010, 01:29 (Ref:2796978)   #143
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV View Post
1997 championship car? Glen Seton's EL?
I think they mean 1997 Champ Car / Indy Car
Old 30 Nov 2010, 00:03 (Ref:2797411)   #144
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Either way those assets are hideously undervalued.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 07:52 (Ref:2797520)   #145
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Either way those assets are hideously undervalued.
Or the asking prices are massive overs.

When was the last V8 supercar sold at public action Mixer & what did it bring.

Is the IndyCar complete or a roller?
Old 30 Nov 2010, 08:33 (Ref:2797536)   #146
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Or the asking prices are massive overs.

When was the last V8 supercar sold at public action Mixer & what did it bring.

Is the IndyCar complete or a roller?
The 'Chance of a Lifetime' AU shell with some running gear aboard to not quite make it a full roller, apparently had a $28k reserve on it when Mr Sieders had it up for auction with the rest of the ex-MoPro equipment. Not sure it actually sold though...

Would the AU/BA hybrid thingy we worth a lot when you can pick up an ex-FPR Falcon , once driven by Lowndes and/or Bright for sub $100k?

Certainly that AU's driver roster is interesting, including Mr Crompton, Mr Forbes, Mr Noske, Mr Bates, Mr Bates, Mr Yoong, Mr McFadyen amongst some more I have probably forgotten... but it can't run in the development series (likely not E85 compliant anyway) but could join Mr Sailliard's similar AU-to-BA conversion in that series.

As for the ChampCar, well it had an engine in it at Bathurst in the BIMF, but with debts to the owners of Cosworth, maybe the powerplant has been reclaimed. For all the use it is now

There is a Lola Here for sale at US$125k... complete with engine...
Old 1 Dec 2010, 09:07 (Ref:2797988)   #147
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Here is a recent car for sale
Old 1 Dec 2010, 09:40 (Ref:2798001)   #148
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
i'm suggesting the asking price can not be taken as the market value, its only what the current owner wants to sell it for.
Old 1 Dec 2010, 09:53 (Ref:2798009)   #149
kramer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
"5.7 litre?" Someone having a fudge, eh?

Kramer
Old 1 Dec 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2798025)   #150
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who would have thought that Gore would have his house of cards crashing down around him