Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jul 2002, 19:48 (Ref:339950)   #1
Legend
Veteran

Legend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What should Schumi have done? Give your point of view!

Here is my point of view: I personally think MS should park his car behind the McLaren of Kimi on the gravel and should wait for Kimi to come back on the track! Even if Kimi should retire on the gravel, MS should do the same (retire) otherwise he would overtake on yellow flag!!! What he did was so wrong and in my point of view makes him the worse driver in history. Schumacher has no talent, he is lucky and he cheats. What do you think?
I envy Schumi = I hate Schumi
Yoong is the greatest driver in history, Montoya is almost as good as Yoong!!!
Old 22 Jul 2002, 19:58 (Ref:339963)   #2
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
If you are referring to TGF's overtaking of Kimi late in the race then I would say that 1) They are all race drivers. If they are not prepared to pounce on the mistake of another (or to be pounced upon when making a mistake) they should not be out there. 2) However you view him, you don't get to be WDC times 5 by being polite. 3) If positions were reversed do you think Kimi would have hesitated? He sure didn't early when TGF tried to get past JPM and Kimi tried to get them both.

I have read a number of posts decrying the lack of agression/passing in F1. So someone finally makes an agressive move and they are instantly crucified. Although I do detect (I hope) a bit of tongue-in-cheek here.

Cheers and congratulations to Michael.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 20:07 (Ref:339972)   #3
Legend
Veteran

Legend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnSSC
If you are referring to TGF's overtaking of Kimi late in the race then I would say that 1) They are all race drivers. If they are not prepared to pounce on the mistake of another (or to be pounced upon when making a mistake) they should not be out there. 2) However you view him, you don't get to be WDC times 5 by being polite. 3) If positions were reversed do you think Kimi would have hesitated? He sure didn't early when TGF tried to get past JPM and Kimi tried to get them both.

I have read a number of posts decrying the lack of agression/passing in F1. So someone finally makes an agressive move and they are instantly crucified. Although I do detect (I hope) a bit of tongue-in-cheek here.

Cheers and congratulations to Michael.
Please read my thread 1 more time and take your time this time JohnSSC and read between the lines
Old 22 Jul 2002, 20:24 (Ref:339994)   #4
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I was just using your thread to vent a bit myself, Legend! As I noted I detected the tongue-in-cheek aspect. It just amazes me how disliked some of these fellows are-especially TGF.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 20:31 (Ref:340001)   #5
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If i were him , i would have let Kimi back through again as he passed him under yellows , and then look forward to winning his 5th championship in style on home turf this weekend.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 21:31 (Ref:340099)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by SILVERS95
If i were him , i would have let Kimi back through again as he passed him under yellows , and then look forward to winning his 5th championship in style on home turf this weekend.
This is what i would have liked to seen, i'm not a TGF fan as everyone knows but it would have been nice to have seen him win the WDC without this controversy.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 21:41 (Ref:340105)   #7
Avid Merrion
Racer

Avid Merrion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me 2 .

I dont see why he couldnt have done that . It must be a bigger buzz to win your 5th title at home rather than in another country .
Old 22 Jul 2002, 22:05 (Ref:340128)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In all seriousness, Michael should have done what he did.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 23:23 (Ref:340191)   #9
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Exactly. Answer to question - exactly what he did.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 00:15 (Ref:340218)   #10
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome to the Forum legend. Unfortunately, sarcasm doesn't translate if we cannot see your face or hear your tone. I guess we just have to assume that your statement is so outlandish that no sane person could hold that opinion. Yet plenty of people here were able to have a reasonable discussion about the merits of the pass as it unfolded. Reasonable discussion is always welcome and it often leads to a consensus, as I think you will find with the last day's posts.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 10:05 (Ref:340455)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Schumacher did what any good racing driver should do.

Shoot first, ask questions later.

He was under the instantaneous impression that what he was doing was okay, didn't know where Kimi was on the track, and couldn't've been expected to pull over and stop and make a futile gentlemanly wait for Kimi to rejoin. Kimi was unlucky, but Michael seems to have conclusively made his own luck over the years.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 10:07 (Ref:340456)   #12
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What Schu did was perfectly legal.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 10:19 (Ref:340470)   #13
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I cannot think of a single racing driver who would not have done the same thing. Kimi ran off the track, and the following driver drove past.
Legend, the smilies help in making your tone come through the post - and they are more fun when you use them,

Valve [img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]