Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 2 May 2007, 00:23 (Ref:1904634)   #1
DucatiThrust
Rookie

Kuwait
Kuwait
DucatiThrust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Renault BARC & Thunder Arabia

While I was surfing I came across this:
http://www.thunderarabia.com/main/Pr...20April-07.pdf
Can anyone from the UK approve this?
Old 2 May 2007, 12:35 (Ref:1904944)   #2
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats right three of them competed at the weekend, idafar, al harthy & mohammed. Mahammed in the gravel after six laps, idafar finished 15th & al harthy spent most of the afternoon behind me until my fuel pressure problems got too bad to defend any longer. Not sure where al kooheji was, i believe he was at the brands test in mid april as he looks familiar.

http://www.msttiming.com/barc/2007/71722.pdf
Old 2 May 2007, 18:48 (Ref:1905225)   #3
DucatiThrust
Rookie

Kuwait
Kuwait
ianpearson,
Thank you very much for the information. I really appreciate it.
Old 4 May 2007, 09:41 (Ref:1906406)   #4
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just trying to understand who's who ? Is the Essa Mohammed who raced at Donnington last weekend the same chap as is listed as Mohammed Al A'ali on the Thunder Arabia site
Old 4 May 2007, 11:12 (Ref:1906467)   #5
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson
Just trying to understand who's who ? Is the Essa Mohammed who raced at Donnington last weekend the same chap as is listed as Mohammed Al A'ali on the Thunder Arabia site
After looking at the registration list I've realised now, they definately are two different people.
Registrations are now closed according to the organisers.
Old 5 May 2007, 08:23 (Ref:1906976)   #6
DucatiThrust
Rookie

Kuwait
Kuwait
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson
No, there 2 racers. Isa is listed under the name "Isa Al-Kooheji". Mohamed is "Mohamed Al-Ali", he is the champion of the formula zip series.
Old 6 May 2007, 00:27 (Ref:1907396)   #7
DucatiThrust
Rookie

Kuwait
Kuwait
The most interesting part is Thunder Arabia's logo:

Directly taken from:
Old 13 May 2007, 23:19 (Ref:1912687)   #8
Renault2.0
Rookie

Renault2.0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the logo you placed is the racing team logo, not Thunder Arabia, i checked the website.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 07:37 (Ref:1934714)   #9
Bob Pearson
Veteran

I.m not sure if you are keeping abreast of things out there in the sunshine, but there is no good news at the moment. None of your drivers have scored points yet, Ahmed Al Harthy is the only driver to finish all races, Mohammed Al A'Ali didn't start the first two rounds, Essa Mohammed didn't finish the first round and Meneshah Idafar didn't finish the second round and didn't start the third. Life was complicated for the three of them racing with Russell racing at Croft for the 2nd and 3rd rounds as they were reserves. However, they all had a race at sometime during the weekend.
Next round this Saturday at Oulton Park.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 10:43 (Ref:1944106)   #10
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Ahmed Al Harthy had a good run at Oulton last Saturday, he finished 5th. He seems to have risen to the top of the middle eastern guys who are over for this formula.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 15:26 (Ref:1953481)   #11
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Details of the ZIP Formula cars, etc, can still be found on www.zipford.com

The Thunder Arabia cars are the ones that ran in the UK ZIP championship and yes the wings are cosmetic.

Although the ZIP cars attracted a lot of critisim when they ran in the UK, its worth noting that drivers like Tim Bridgeman, Ryan Lewis, Jamie Morrow, Patrick Hogan, Oliver Turvey, Chris Holmes, Richard Keanne, Dominik Jackson and Josh Fisher all raced in ZIP and went onto to record podiums and championship wins in the likes of UK Formula Renault, UK Formula BMW, German Formula BMW, US Star Mazda, US Formula Atlantic.

As for the abilities of the of current Thunder Arabia drivers, I don't know about the latest crop, but two years ago my son Jamie Morrow drove as a guest in the championship and despite being asked to start at the back of the grid, won most of his races, setting fastest laps and lap records in the process.

This suggests that the local drivers had a way to go before they would be competitive in European based series. However, this is not to say the standard hasn't improved since and to deny the commendable hard work being put in by the Thunder Arabia organisers to develop local talent
Old 10 Oct 2007, 14:07 (Ref:2036886)   #12
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Does anyone know whether there are plans to send another batch of guys over from the Middle East to run in FR Barc next year?