Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Feb 2018, 12:08 (Ref:3802365)   #1
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alan Green

Some of you may have already heard the news via other routes, but Alan Green's partner announced this morning that he died last Friday.

I'm shocked. Al was one of life's good guys, this is such sad news
Old 19 Feb 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3802387)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's a terrible shock. Excellent marshal and all round nice guy. Very sad news indeed.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 13:39 (Ref:3802402)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So sad, rest in peace Al.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 08:15 (Ref:3803968)   #4
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From Bekki:

Quote:
Al Green's funeral will be held on Thursday 8th March in Northampton. There will be a family only service at the Counties Crematorium at 1.15pm which will be followed by a Memorial service and wake for everyone at 2.15pm at Towcester Road Methodist Church, Southampton Road, Northampton, NN4 8DY.
If anyone would like to share some memories of Alan at the service, can you please speak to me directly. We would like to try and cover all aspects of his life and we invite everyone to stay and share memories and stories with us after the service over a cup of tea.
As there are so many people who knew Al, I know there will be many stories and memories you will have of him - partially shown by the lovely comments you have all been sharing. His family and I would love to hear these and see any pictures you have of him. We would like to have a slideshow of pictures to share at the funeral so I welcome any of these being sent to me. I have set up a designated email address to send any pictures or stories to that I will also collate for us as a book of condolence/memories at a later date. If you are unable to make the funeral, please feel free to send any comments to the email address and I will make sure these are included in the book mentioned above. The email is: remembering.algreen@gmail.com

Dress code is traditional attire however if you would like to wear a splash of the colours you knew Al with, please feel free to do this.
Family flowers only, please. Donations will be split between a charity to support Marshals and the church to support the area where we live.
If you're planning to go, please either email Bekki and the family on the address above, or comment here and I'll pass the details on. Ta.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 11:55 (Ref:3804018)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone know if I caught Alan with my camera? <Maybe the family would like copies.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 21:35 (Ref:3804152)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Does anyone know if I caught Alan with my camera? <Maybe the family would like copies.
You probably did at some point, Bob, but it doesn't look like you did last year or the year before. I can't find the older photos.
Old 27 Feb 2018, 09:33 (Ref:3804216)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
You probably did at some point, Bob, but it doesn't look like you did last year or the year before. I can't find the older photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7f3quHjCnkwlv6bg2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DXD1GMD3IITFc1zc2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/lJmObbp19IgBadBE2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/f2sohxRVOgApAxrz1

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3K7jqVnfOJ1jNc3M2

Thanks for your efforts Greem, here are links to the earlier years, I think I could go back further if nothing turns up. It is a lot of work searching so many pictures, you are a saint.

God Bless