Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Nov 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1759365)   #1
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aston Martin in F1?

Just saw this in another thread, (good rumour chunterer) Pro drive to purchase the Cossie engines and rebadge them as Astons, to good to be true surely, wouldn`t you just love it though, come on guys, is there any chance this could happen?
Old 6 Nov 2006, 20:41 (Ref:1759377)   #2
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love that to happen, i adore astons, especially that DBR9! That'd be very nice if that happened!
Old 6 Nov 2006, 20:46 (Ref:1759381)   #3
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If they do, hope they do better than last time they were in F1.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1759386)   #4
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Aston was a gorgeous looking car though, Salvadori made it go quite quickly on occasion from what i can make out.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1759393)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
What about the engine freeze rule though?

Whilst i think it would be great to have a name like Aston Martin in F1 i just think it's a recipe for disaster (Jaguar all over again). Whilst i don't doubt David Richards ability to become a major player in F1, he won't be able to do it without manufacturers support, plus, by 2008, Cosworth will have been away from F1 for 2 seasons.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 21:28 (Ref:1759427)   #6
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well as Aston Martin Lagonda is currentley up for sale I think that may depend heavily on who buys up the brand. Bizarrely enough no mainstream manufacturers have stepped forward publically yet - more interest from private funded businessmen and 'banks/venture capitalists with big ideas and no clue about cars'

A manufacturer could step in and use the name in F1 but who?

A private investor could buy into aston and then sell the rights to use the name in F1, but of not to DR then who?

I'd love to see the name in F1 but I don't think it would happen, i'd love to see all the teams in F1 have some car makers name incorporated.... hows about......... [and think about it, they all make sense, almost]

BMW Sauber
Ferrari
Toyota
McLaren Mercedes
Spyker
Renault
Redbull Nissan
Torro Rosso Maserati
Williams Lexus
Honda
Super-Aguri Acura
Prodrive Aston-Martin

who knows in a few years... "Chevrolet-Villeneuve Racing" LMFAO
So, after waiting 20 minutes for him to come out of the back of the garage, Matski asks "Are you going to get Jacques' seat then?" Robert replies "ha ha, I don't know!", signs Matksi's cap, and retreats to his motorhome.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1759462)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The latest incarnation of the buyer rumour is still Jac Nasser, but with Ford retaining a share. There is your manufacturer.

F1, why? What has Aston got to do with F1? What can it gain? Do people not remember the Jaguar disaster.

Aston should (continue) to concentrate on making good cars. This has made them successful recently. Sort out those reliability issues first and ignore the obvious world of F1.

Now that James has come to his senses Bond drives their cars again and they should be happy with that publicity for now.
Old 7 Nov 2006, 04:21 (Ref:1759636)   #8
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Judging from their GT program, if Aston did get involved the car will a sweet thing to look at anyway.
Old 7 Nov 2006, 08:35 (Ref:1759685)   #9
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I couldn't see it happening as the money required for any sort of decent assault on F1 is huge. Just look at what toyota are spending versus the results they produce.

If Aston was to pump money into anything I think it should be an LMP1 for Le Mans.
Old 7 Nov 2006, 21:45 (Ref:1760351)   #10
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it would be totally cool. i hope it happens
Old 8 Nov 2006, 08:46 (Ref:1760628)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm totally an Aston fanatic and have been since I was about 3, so for over 50years! I really hope that they stay well away from F1 and concentrate on sports and GT cars. I'd much rather the rumoured GT2 Vantage V8 came to fruition.
Old 8 Nov 2006, 12:32 (Ref:1760837)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I totally agree. It would be a poinltess excercise. I'd be less likely to buy a currrent Aston!
Old 8 Nov 2006, 12:37 (Ref:1760845)   #13
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski
who knows in a few years... "Chevrolet-Villeneuve Racing"

Old 8 Nov 2006, 12:51 (Ref:1760851)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
I'd be less likely to buy a currrent Aston!
I would imagine that all the people (barring the odd lottery winner) who can afford to buy an Aston Martin can spell.
Old 8 Nov 2006, 13:17 (Ref:1760872)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, a bit harsh, Martyn! Still you let him off the 'poinltess' or is that correct?

Actually Adam, if you can even consider the purchase of an Aston, maybe you can lend me some to buy mine!
Old 8 Nov 2006, 16:15 (Ref:1760979)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
tHe grama On thise fouram ahs reiched a shokking sTanDerd.
Old 8 Nov 2006, 16:21 (Ref:1760980)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Still you let him off the 'poinltess' or is that correct?
Yes,that's corrrect.
Old 8 Nov 2006, 16:48 (Ref:1760993)   #18
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wouldn't be surprised if Dave Richards either flogs the franchise and/or runs it as agent for a principal such as DirexiV.