Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Sep 2015, 21:46 (Ref:3571635)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i suspect i could have knocked a couple of thousand off the price if it looked like that
Old 5 Sep 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3571636)   #17
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!J Jay is going for a new lap record!
If you could get a couple of grand off a Mk3 MR2, wouldn't that make it cost a few hundred at most even with the factory extras?

Anyway, enjoy the thrills of a light mid-engined sports car.
Old 6 Sep 2015, 09:01 (Ref:3571784)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes they are seriously cheap, not sure why but like all cars that become classics they go through a series of stages, just look at the cars we now class as ultimate classic's, even the e type towards the end of it's run was almost impossible to sell and second hand values plummeted, anyway for what was very little money i now have a car that makes me smile and i actually want to drive rather than something to get me from A to B, oh and if i need to take more than a spare pair of socks and underpants i can always use the jag which i still like to drive
Old 6 Sep 2015, 21:02 (Ref:3571959)   #19
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats Simon I'm sure it will give you a lott of pleasure.
Old 27 Apr 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3636714)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
For anyone who is going to the classic this year i have now booked tunnel etc and my little toy will be there, really looking forward to driving it down but not looking forward to trying to pack enough stuff in it to make my stay from thursday to sunday comfortable, will be accompanied by two mates in a stag so lets hope we both get down without problems. Will be in blue nord
Old 27 Apr 2016, 19:21 (Ref:3636720)   #21
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cool. Have a great run down and back in it. Packing - it's not important.
Old 27 Apr 2016, 19:48 (Ref:3636724)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Cool. Have a great run down and back in it. Packing - it's not important.
Well with no boot and only two small cupboards behind the seats i will have to put tent, sleeping bag, matress, bag of cloths/etc, chair, and cooking stuff in the passenger seat area. So it is going to be fun, roof down wind in hair and me trying to keep everything in the car for 300 miles. Boy is it going to be fun
Old 27 Apr 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3636739)   #23
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Try to avoid using the Autoroute the whole way.
Old 28 Apr 2016, 07:31 (Ref:3636821)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
We always use the old roads after Rouen better, quicker and shorter distance the old roman roads are still in use in some places and dead straight rather than the meandering autoroute that snakes about and the tolls slow you down as well as costing money
Old 28 Apr 2016, 14:16 (Ref:3636891)   #25
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats, is that midlifecrisis or passion. I know it is the last. Enjoy the ride, I know they are fun.
Old 29 Apr 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3637092)   #26
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
... Will be in blue nord
Ah - I knew I'd ocnvert you to BN eventually!

Congrats on the new motor. We await pictures with a gulf orange stripe!
Old 29 Apr 2016, 14:54 (Ref:3637104)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Ah - I knew I'd ocnvert you to BN eventually!

Congrats on the new motor. We await pictures with a gulf orange stripe!
Would have preferred TR but for the classic the whole site is taken by the triumph sports six club and they are charging vast sums to stay there, as MB is a fraction of its old site the best i could get was BN. No chance of gulf strips i am afraid but perhaps i will post a picture when i get a chance
Old 8 May 2016, 09:53 (Ref:3640022)   #28
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Congrats, is that midlifecrisis or passion. I know it is the last. Enjoy the ride, I know they are fun.
Definitely the midlife crisis.... what ever next?.... no docks with his sandals? If you see me ignoring my father, you know it's worse than we thought...
Old 8 May 2016, 10:50 (Ref:3640036)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think you meant socks, but after Spa i need new sandals anyway