Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 12 Sep 2014, 01:51 (Ref:3452370)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Petit Le Mans 2014

First one of a new era. I'm still excited, 1 year is too long for me to not see cars on track anywhere. I need this weekend bad!

I'll be at turn 4 Wednesday around 7pm. Save me a spot boys! Of and make sure you hide your alcohol better this year on the ride in (I won't mention any names!)
Old 12 Sep 2014, 01:58 (Ref:3452374)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
First one of a new era. I'm still excited, 1 year is too long for me to not see cars on track anywhere. I need this weekend bad!

I'll be at turn 4 Wednesday around 7pm. Save me a spot boys! Of and make sure you hide your alcohol better this year on the ride in (I won't mention any names!)

Now that the original joeb spot and the Camel GT banner are gone, we HAVE to save you a spot. Luckily, the biggest guy in the group likes to line up at the gate the night before the track opens...we'll save you plenty of space.

And I am stoked about it too, regardless of the hearsay. I need a long weekend pretty badly myself!

I hate the fun police but plans are in place....
Old 12 Sep 2014, 12:29 (Ref:3452554)   #3
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just found out yesterday that my wife has a couple of doctor appointments in Atlanta & Gainesville that will take up most of my Thursday, but will make it for night practice.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3452632)   #4
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be up there crack-a-dawn on Wednesday in my usual spot.
Outside the entry into turn 10a.

Old 12 Sep 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3452697)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post

You will have to come down to Turn 4 and say hello at some point during the week. I wondered up to turn 10 one night and ended up at an rv that was boiling peanuts and had football on so I made that my destination for a couple hours.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3452707)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post

Interesting spot. Funny how we all get stuck in our ways. As joeb says, come by T4 to say hello if you can. I am betting the crowd will be a little smaller than years' past.

Quote:
You will have to come down to Turn 4 and say hello at some point during the week. I wondered up to turn 10 one night and ended up at an rv that was boiling peanuts and had football on so I made that my destination for a couple hours.
Boiled peanuts and college football. That's just correct on a fall Georgia night.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 16:49 (Ref:3452947)   #7
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Interesting spot. Funny how we all get stuck in our ways. As joeb says, come by T4 to say hello if you can. I am betting the crowd will be a little smaller than years' past.
Yeah, it's a cool spot. Especially at night when the cars are hard on the brakes into turn 10a.
I become quite the nomad all weekend, so I'll be sure to stop by. Let me know some identifiers at your camp so I can find y'all.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 01:18 (Ref:3453060)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Now that the original joeb spot and the Camel GT banner are gone, we HAVE to save you a spot. Luckily, the biggest guy in the group likes to line up at the gate the night before the track opens...we'll save you plenty of space.

And I am stoked about it too, regardless of the hearsay. I need a long weekend pretty badly myself!

I hate the fun police but plans are in place....
I will be there as usual on Tuesday afternoon sometime waiting in line to secure the sprawling space our compound needs. Guess we just need to decide off the track as usual or by the road like the Mitty? And how people I need to defend space for.

Counting the days until sweet sweet freedom and the smell of race fuel again, 17 days for those keeping track. 18 for those not so crazy as to sleep in the truck.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 15:39 (Ref:3453585)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I will be there as usual on Tuesday afternoon sometime waiting in line to secure the sprawling space our compound needs. Guess we just need to decide off the track as usual or by the road like the Mitty? And how people I need to defend space for.

Counting the days until sweet sweet freedom and the smell of race fuel again, 17 days for those keeping track. 18 for those not so crazy as to sleep in the truck.
I like the spots by the Road, a la Mitty, but others don't...can't really escape the noise in T4, IMO.

Numbers: Firball, the Englishman, JHamilton, joeb and the Bacons. Haven't heard of any others.

I greatly appreciate you heading up there early and bringing the kitchen sink. You're alright in my book.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 18:59 (Ref:3453631)   #10
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

I don't have a preference on the exact location, I just appreciate the big guy saving a spot for us! I'll bring you something special from Louisiana for your troubles.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 20:18 (Ref:3453660)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I don't have a preference on the exact location, I just appreciate the big guy saving a spot for us! I'll bring you something special from Louisiana for your troubles.
Would that be hot sauce?
Old 15 Sep 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3453663)   #12
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Would that be hot sauce?
No I was thinking more of something stuffed in intestines.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3453681)   #13
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Boudin?

Love it!
Old 15 Sep 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3453684)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Boudin?

Love it!
We have a winner!
Old 16 Sep 2014, 01:46 (Ref:3453757)   #15
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You sir will get the best level spot in the place reserved for food like that.

I will be bringing the oven again so biscuits every morning is in the plans, possibly cinnamon rolls or something like that if I'm feeling adventurous one morning. Even though they'll all come from a can, from scratch at home but that's a pain at the track. Not bringing the big coffee pot, takes way too long to make a pot but plenty of good coffee and filters for the pour-over. And the dutch oven for a couple desserts.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 03:06 (Ref:3453769)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
You sir will get the best level spot in the place reserved for food like that.

I will be bringing the oven again so biscuits every morning is in the plans, possibly cinnamon rolls or something like that if I'm feeling adventurous one morning. Even though they'll all come from a can, from scratch at home but that's a pain at the track. Not bringing the big coffee pot, takes way too long to make a pot but plenty of good coffee and filters for the pour-over. And the dutch oven for a couple desserts.
Inform me of your preferable canned bread products and I'll bring the lot of it for us. Only seems fair cause I will be eating biscuits or cinnamon rolls if you cookin' it.

And I like self leveling beds these days only mine has it guts out of it in the carport right now (the wife loves it). JHamitlon's will just "have to do".

"Roughing it" with the coffee aren't we? Dutch oven deserts. Yummy!
Old 16 Sep 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3453886)   #17
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
We have a winner!
You know you will need to bring some Dixie beer to go along with that.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3453893)   #18
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
You know you will need to bring some Dixie beer to go along with that.
I would but it has been made in Wisconsin since the brewery was flooded and looted after Katrina.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 22:57 (Ref:3454114)   #19
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Inform me of your preferable canned bread products and I'll bring the lot of it for us. Only seems fair cause I will be eating biscuits or cinnamon rolls if you cookin' it.

And I like self leveling beds these days only mine has it guts out of it in the carport right now (the wife loves it). JHamitlon's will just "have to do".

"Roughing it" with the coffee aren't we? Dutch oven deserts. Yummy!
Any style you like, grands do actually cook better in the oven than store brand but I've tried most of them in it. I'll bring some as well and we'll have plenty, just have to remember pan this time. Foil works but a sheet pan is better. Yeah, we're really roughing it aren't we?
Old 19 Sep 2014, 19:01 (Ref:3455183)   #20
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BISCUITS!
Old 22 Sep 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3456649)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Holy Smokes! This is next week!!!

Only thing I have done is purchase / receive a ticket. Thanks to the crowd that has become to show up in T4, if I bring anything other than personal necessities, it's just doubling up! Good guys to camp with.

Quote:
Any style you like, grands do actually cook better in the oven than store brand but I've tried most of them in it. I'll bring some as well and we'll have plenty, just have to remember pan this time. Foil works but a sheet pan is better. Yeah, we're really roughing it aren't we?
Roughing indeed sir. Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
BISCUITS!
You can go have a meat pie and whatever "meat" that is. I'll have an Andrew oven baked biscuit with a Jimmy Dean's sausage patty because 'murica.

Quote:
I would but it has been made in Wisconsin since the brewery was flooded and looted after Katrina.
We may have to go to Russia to get our PBR. Thought all beers were made in Wisconsin??
Old 22 Sep 2014, 20:51 (Ref:3456727)   #22
HJJ
Veteran

United States
56 cars entered so far

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...try%20List.pdf
Old 25 Sep 2014, 12:17 (Ref:3457531)   #23
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Starting to look a little wet for this time next week...bring an umbrella or a storm shelter.
Old 25 Sep 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3457541)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
You know that type of talk is not allowed Jeremy. It is going to be in the mid seventies and sunny
Old 25 Sep 2014, 12:57 (Ref:3457543)   #25
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Starting to look a little wet for this time next week...bring an umbrella or a storm shelter.
Way to early to look at the forecast. Worst day looks to be Friday and that's only 40%.