Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:45 (Ref:3747450)   #176
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
No. There are no other sources beyond those two people. Who have a proven track record of propping up unsubstantiated rumors and misleading headlines.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:48 (Ref:3747452)   #177
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorchess View Post
No. There are no other sources beyond those two people. Who have a proven track record of propping up unsubstantiated rumors and misleading headlines.
How many other American based journalists cover sports car racing?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:49 (Ref:3747453)   #178
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Then don't say 'it's a lock'.
Unlike Bentley, Alfa Romeo, etc... HPD has very recent activity/experience in prototype racing, running a program right up through last season. Their continued interest is well documented beyond Dagys' wishful thinking - they were even said to have been looking into a special exemption for the ARX-04b as the 2016 season neared it's end. They're as guaranteed to join as GM and Mazda were in the offseason prior to their announcements, it's just a question of when they'll get a program together.

GM and Mazda already had their partners lined up for DPi, while Honda decided to give their partner the NSX program, which I'd bet is the sole reason they didn't have a DPi right away - with the DPi likely to use the same engine, they benefit on the engine side by holding back a year to focus on that entry. Now they've got that sorted, they can focus on the aero work a DPi would need.

The Honda/Penske DPi story has snowballed as big as it has for a reason. It's not mere wishful thinking, there's genuine movement. You may think we're jumping the gun by saying it's a lock/guaranteed, but Honda to DPi is certainly as close to that as it can get prior to an official announcement.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:51 (Ref:3747457)   #179
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The Audi/Joest thing was also mentioned by Marcus Schurig, crucially citing his own sources.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:54 (Ref:3747458)   #180
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Tim Cindric isn't a reliable source? Okay, then...

(sure, Cindric's comments don't confirm a HONDA DPi-in fact they're deliberately open-ended on that matter- but combined with the movements in Honda it's a perfectly reasonable assumption to make and report on)
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:55 (Ref:3747459)   #181
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
The Audi/Joest thing was also mentioned by Marcus Schurig, crucially citing his own sources.
DSC all chipped in on the VAG-Joest DPi rumor (though it could be with Audi or Lamborghini)

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...-comeback.html

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...programme.html
Old 27 Jun 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3747464)   #182
Scorchess
Racer

One of them states Audi is not interested (again) and the other only cites Pruett.

It's pretty much a circlejerk.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 21:11 (Ref:3747465)   #183
Scorchess
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
He only cited sources saying Joest is looking at a DPi programme.

Audi has confirmed multiple times there is no interest in DPi.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 21:39 (Ref:3747473)   #184
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Audi has confirmed multiple times there is no interest in DPi.
So it's a lock then?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 22:06 (Ref:3747479)   #185
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
So it's a lock then?
This thread will be soon going by the tone of these comments
Old 27 Jun 2017, 22:12 (Ref:3747483)   #186
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Ha! Nah, I get where Scorchess is coming from, but if we can't discuss rumors, what are we doing here? I'm a "believe it when I see it" guy but it's fun to daydream about the upcoming Penske Honda and Andretti Mclaren projects!
Old 27 Jun 2017, 22:13 (Ref:3747484)   #187
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Ha! Nah, I get where Scorchess is coming from, but if we can't discuss rumors, what are we doing here? I'm a "believe it when I see it" guy but it's fun to daydream about the upcoming Penske Honda and Andretti Mclaren projects!
Not to mention it has been an extremely slow summer when it comes to sportscar racing news. We didn't really even get anything out of the Le Mans week apart from a proposed Garage 56 entry.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 00:01 (Ref:3747492)   #188
Scorchess
Racer

Quote:
So it's a lock then?
As good as signed confession I would have thought
Old 28 Jun 2017, 02:23 (Ref:3747506)   #189
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Old 28 Jun 2017, 04:21 (Ref:3747527)   #190
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Not to mention it has been an extremely slow summer when it comes to sportscar racing news. We didn't really even get anything out of the Le Mans week apart from a proposed Garage 56 entry.
And Ginetta's lmp1 project, which imo flew under the radar. They have the tunnel model ready and all but not much discussion took place on that front. I expected more to be announced too. But Panoz is basically all we got.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 06:37 (Ref:3747537)   #191
Scorchess
Racer

I think they did mention they actually sold a few cars. More than 2 even, if I recall.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 07:21 (Ref:3747538)   #192
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and Perrinn coming back from the dead.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 07:57 (Ref:3747541)   #193
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't perring going to reveal it's engine at le mans? We saw an announcement from morand about their engine but seemingly no chassis so putting the 2 together? Or am I overthinking things
Old 28 Jun 2017, 09:08 (Ref:3747555)   #194
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure if this all correct, but from what I gathered -

Ginetta sold cars to Manor, for 2 entries, plus spare packages
Ginetta have lots of other interest, but nothing confirmed (AFAIK)
Perrin sold 2 cars for entry, plus another as a spare package
SMP Dallara is still on the cards
Morand has talked about engines, but not chassis (Perrin?)
Dome are involved with something

Edit: How did we get into this on the IMSA thread?
Old 28 Jun 2017, 20:55 (Ref:3747675)   #195
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Blame Dyson Mazda.
Old 1 Jul 2017, 14:00 (Ref:3748114)   #196
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
IMSA considering splitting DPi and P2 in to separate classes.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/at...consideration/

BAR1 is considering a P2 entry for next year, with ORECA as the logical dance partner

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/wa...ay-notebook-4/

Saavedra & AFS are looking into IMSA options with a possible Andretti tie in

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14193...hing-imsa-move
Old 1 Jul 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3748119)   #197
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Unless it's to allow DPI to speed up as they develop to where they're too fast to be in the same class as P2, then this seems dumb. If that is the point, P2 will essentially become the new PC with a bunch of good drivers paired with a gentleman driver that causes a bunch of wrecks and we'll all hate them too.

If it is to allow DPI to speed up and become more of an LMP1-lite type of class, then I'm cool with that.
Old 1 Jul 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3748120)   #198
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Both IMSA and the ACO have screwed up the prototype stuff really bad since 2014. My solution on the ACO end is let semi-works teams into LMP1 privateer, since in the past (certainly in LMP 900) we had what IMSA and the ACO held to be privateer teams running with a huge amount of factory support.

On the IMSA end, just base DPI around being a professional driver line up favoring class with ACO LMP1 privateer being the rough performance target and open tire, and have LMP2 be modeled along ACO guidelines as far as pro-am driver line ups and maybe still be spec tire.
Old 1 Jul 2017, 15:23 (Ref:3748129)   #199
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not allow P2 to run their open tire spec like they do in Europe? They can find faster lap times with that change alone.
Old 1 Jul 2017, 15:26 (Ref:3748131)   #200
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think that tires should be a part of the BOP process. Then we'd have GT1 in ALMS '06 when most of what AMR got in terms of BOP was because of the crappy Pirelli tires they ran that year (they only ran on Michelin at LM).