Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 May 2004, 11:08 (Ref:962392)   #1
v8fordman
Rookie

v8fordman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duck Shooting at Pukekohe

Who out there has seen the article that
David Johns of Team Kiwi wrote about Pukekohe last weekend and what do you think ???? He has some good points.How will those Auckland people take his comments.
Read it at www.car co.nz/sports.asp

Last edited by v8fordman; 6 May 2004 at 11:11.
Old 6 May 2004, 11:10 (Ref:962395)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There were lots of comments made by people quite important to the series, along the lines of "thank c***** we only have more of coming to this s***hole"

Not my words...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 May 2004, 13:11 (Ref:962518)   #3
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oooooh that's a bit harsh
Old 6 May 2004, 22:44 (Ref:962959)   #4
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Duck Shooting at Pukekohe

[QUOTE]Originally posted by v8fordman
[B]Who out there has seen the article that
David Johns of Team Kiwi wrote about Pukekohe last weekend

Did ya mean MIKE John, V8fordman.? in his good article found at www.car.co.nz on their excellent V8 Supercar ledger.?

A good write-up with some good points. Pukekohe at the week-end was no different to a number of AUSTRALIAN V8 Supercar meetings as regards weather. Even THIS year. AVESCO knew that we were heading towards Autumn and were likely to encounter unsettled weather... (O.K. Saturday was a tad MORE than unsettled,) but hey, this is an outdoor Sport of magnificent proportions and sometimes it does rain. Nothing too wrong with that and I have seen V8 Supercars racing in conditions similar, if not worse than Saturdays rain. Clipsal.??? Twas the PUDDLES more than the actual rain that finally beat us I think. I was soaked and frozen to the bone on saturday but I was THERE 'til they threw us out because I just love this mighty Sport of ours (or I'm stark starin' mad.!) I was promised the three races on Sunday and that was good enough for me so I wasnt too morose about Saturday. Even in such adversity, there was a great atmosphere down there saturday despite the pounding we got from the rain.

Hey... an Auckland street race would be far far worse as regards humps, bumps and standing water on the 'track'. You wanna DRIVE some of it.! (Rugged, even in a Citroen D.S.!)
and of course, even in AUCKLAND city it has been known to rain at the week-ends. Hard to believe but it's true.
Lets hope that sense prevails and something can be done about retaining Pukekohe as OUR racetrack. Lets hope that the money will flow into the PERMANENT facility at Puke' rather than be poured into a stree circuit where the vast amount of money spent for a three day race meeting dissolves into nothing at about the same time that the V8 Superduper race teams do. Lets hope that any money spent, STAYS at a permanent race track where it is available 7 days a week, and finally, lets hope that TEAM KIWI build on their marvellous 6th place overall in this tremendous Motor racing Series that dominates us 365 days a year and then some. Hey, roll on the next round 'cos I am getting impatient!! Now, what was the subject?

Old 7 May 2004, 01:59 (Ref:963025)   #5
nicko
Racer

nicko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I agree with Mike John's comments about AVESCO's change of date to May when NZ Motorsport tried to tell them it wanst a good idea because of the weather and how close it was to the rally NZ.

I would though like to see a street race in Auckland, but also see the V8s come a second time each year to race at a permanent track, like puke, ruapuna or the new Taupo track
Old 7 May 2004, 02:14 (Ref:963035)   #6
Ovaleye
Rookie

Ovaleye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well what do they expect it always rains on the opening day of duck shooting..
Old 7 May 2004, 03:33 (Ref:963061)   #7
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
lcfp2297 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the weather is an issue, why was the rally run just a few weeks before?
Old 7 May 2004, 04:24 (Ref:963072)   #8
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

On Friday, when it was nice and sunny at Pukekohe, it was pouring in Auckland city (well, west Auckland anyway). On Sunday, it was also raining in Auckland city, and was holding off at Pukekohe for most of the day. The weather is just very variable there!

I don't think the rain is such an issue with the rally - the drivers this year were hoping for rain a few days before the rally to help stop the dust on the roads etc, and seemed quite disappointed when it didn't rain

I would like to see two rounds over here - then Auckland can have their street race, and a permanent circuit could also get some of the benefits!
Old 7 May 2004, 10:16 (Ref:963285)   #9
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tracy - You are right. NZ will get two rounds