Old 27 Sep 2012, 06:49 (Ref:3142353)   #1
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2014 Thai Grand Prix?

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/314235/

Bangkok Post reports that Thailand, specifically Bangkok, will host a Grand Prix from 2014. It will be another night race in the streets.
Old 27 Sep 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3142494)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Wow... Now that'd be original.

Sorry, i'm really bummed out with these '______ will hold a street race in _____' pieces of news. Build a real circuit!!!

You know it'll be just another Singapore (which, I do like, but how will it be unique if every other new addition to the calendar is a street circuit, probably under lights?).

Selby
Old 27 Sep 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3142539)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Is that 21 races, or does another European race bite the dust? I hear that the Australian GP promoter is trying to pay less for his services. It's dog eat dog out there!
Old 27 Sep 2012, 14:22 (Ref:3142550)   #4
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Mateschitz' history in Thailand, one would assume he could build there like a state of art one of a kind Red Bull Ring (Krating Daeng Ring even), make Red Bull style and make it work.

It would be a fun place to have a GP at, but as mentioned before, NONE of the street non sense, street races suck! Valencia had the most outrageously boring races of the century (before out of sheer luck this year's GP turned out to be pretty decent) Monaco and Singapore are awful, hands down the two most boring races this season.

Oh, and certainly deny Tilke's visa now and for good from that country
Old 27 Sep 2012, 16:11 (Ref:3142596)   #5
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thread title is inappropriate. A mod should change it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD0Z0CwRDJw&t=0m39s
Old 27 Sep 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3142741)   #6
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post

The race could have its own theme tune !
Old 27 Sep 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3142745)   #7
S14
Racer

Ireland
Rocky Mountain Region, United States
S14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post

Would it be a split Grand Prix/Chess tournament, like Chess Boxing?
Old 29 Sep 2012, 13:15 (Ref:3143712)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does F1 really need another far-eastern GP?
Old 29 Sep 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3143760)   #9
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish there was at least one more South American race in the calendar. There is something magic about that place, Buenos Aires used to be my absolute favorite, and I dont recall watching a bad Brazilian Grand Prix either.

Grand Prix' like China and Singapore, Bahrain are a bit "faceless" for me, like I just dont really dig them. Financially tho, this is where it's at I suppose, Saudi Arabia , Japan, and anything in between.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3144066)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Does F1 really need another far-eastern GP?
Yep. The mechanics need to be flung right across the globe for the umpteenth time and another traditional venue gazumped so Bernard can line his pockets again.

Yes. I am bitter.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 17:33 (Ref:3144228)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Yep. The mechanics need to be flung right across the globe for the umpteenth time and another traditional venue gazumped so Bernard can line his pockets again.

Yes. I am bitter.
And how long will the Thai GP remain on the calendar, once they realise they are paying through the nose and the crowd attendance dwindles? 5 years?
Old 4 Oct 2012, 15:29 (Ref:3146123)   #12
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm looking forward to this one if it does happen
Old 5 Oct 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3146798)   #13
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about the Bira circuit in Thailand?
Old 5 Oct 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3146805)   #14
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It's not even close to code presently, and you'd have to basically double the length.

You might as well start from scratch at that point.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 04:16 (Ref:3146911)   #15
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a street course in Bangkok would challenge Singapore

I bet they call it the Red Bull Thai Grand Prix