Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Mar 2016, 02:22 (Ref:3619752)   #51
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
The alleged motivations behind these ideas being tossed up is the new promoters apparent disappointment in this year's crowd numbers. Allegedly, etc etc.
crowd number did not increase by the same rate as the last couple of years.

Still all the new cars coming should make for a better race next year with more spectators

Lots of room for improvement on the Saturday though. Some big gaps this year
Old 4 Mar 2016, 02:26 (Ref:3619754)   #52
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you take the histrionics of us and them of GT versus V8Supercars and purely think from a marketing perspective, crossing over between each race's fans has merit as a concept. At the end of the day someone has taken this on as a job and when you do that you have to propose, discuss and evaluate various scenarios.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 02:53 (Ref:3619764)   #53
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Lots of room for improvement on the Saturday though. Some big gaps this year
What gaps? Racing on track pretty much non stop from 8am outside of the lunch break for officials and residents
Old 4 Mar 2016, 03:08 (Ref:3619766)   #54
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
What gaps? Racing on track pretty much non stop from 8am outside of the lunch break for officials and residents
I really cant be bothered arguing with you over nothing, instead go back to the 12 hour thread and re-read saturday afternoon for the comments, or even check the schedule

then you will see how we could easily fit in a mini enduro or test session on saturday afternoon
Old 4 Mar 2016, 03:22 (Ref:3619767)   #55
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I really cant be bothered arguing with you over nothing, instead go back to the 12 hour thread and re-read saturday afternoon for the comments, or even check the schedule

then you will see how we could easily fit in a mini enduro or test session on saturday afternoon
I can't see any such comments from the Saturday afternoon and the schedule reads as DRT said, which was the gap for lunch etc. So who's arguing over nothing ?
Old 4 Mar 2016, 03:34 (Ref:3619769)   #56
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
I can't see any such comments from the Saturday afternoon and the schedule reads as DRT said, which was the gap for lunch etc. So who's arguing over nothing ?
2 hour lunch gap? at 11 am

70 minutes of racing after 2.30 PM

just 5 hours of track action for the day

oh i think there are big gaps
Old 4 Mar 2016, 03:46 (Ref:3619772)   #57
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

IMO the lunch break has been way too long for the last couple of years and I'd like to see the the afternoon being built up to the final event being 12hr qualifying .
How did you go with the posts from the Saturday afternoon ?
Old 4 Mar 2016, 03:59 (Ref:3619775)   #58
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
IMO the lunch break has been way too long for the last couple of years and I'd like to see the the afternoon being built up to the final event being 12hr qualifying .
How did you go with the posts from the Saturday afternoon ?
See i agree with you, as it should be , just in time for the news.

I really am not going back to check,if you reckon its not there on the saturday afternoon, then it must be in some feedback that people have given later in the thread, But im pretty sure im quoting you when i said it, and others) and as you mentioned, you agree its too long

as i said, we could easily fit in a mini enduro (my preference) or a test session.
To find 2 hours on Saturday afternoon will be easy and it would obviously come at the expense of one of the other support categories
Old 4 Mar 2016, 05:05 (Ref:3619780)   #59
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
See i agree with you, as it should be , just in time for the news.
Turn around time would be a concern with the teams. 6pm finish and then a 5.30am race start????

Quote:
as i said, we could easily fit in a mini enduro (my preference) or a test session.
To find 2 hours on Saturday afternoon will be easy and it would obviously come at the expense of one of the other support categories
Or could we increase the current support classes track time?
Old 4 Mar 2016, 05:17 (Ref:3619783)   #60
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No matter what V8SA do with the support classes it's not going to increase crowds significantly.Also the current dates could accommodate any of the normal V8SA supports as it is a full month before Adelaide.
As I said last July at the time of the takeover if V8SA thought crowds could be grown to a near 1000 level they have zero knowledge of sports car racing.Outside Le Mans and the Nurburgring 24 hour races sports car races do not draw massive crowds.Perhaps if they think it is not worth their while they can give James back his event.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 05:37 (Ref:3619786)   #61
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moving qualifying to late afternoon that time of year would be very very risky of a wash out due to storms.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 05:40 (Ref:3619787)   #62
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

We loved it. Few hours action in the morning, pub lunch and cruise back up to the mount for Qualifying.
Never heard anyone complain about lack of track action.

You can't flog the marshals too hard too early in the weekend
Old 4 Mar 2016, 06:47 (Ref:3619796)   #63
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The qualifying time to race start time is marginal as is, given it's a 5:45am start time. You need to give teams maximum time to get the cars ready for the race in case of accidents and so on.

Plus there is no morning warm-up to check things over
Old 4 Mar 2016, 14:48 (Ref:3619914)   #64
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The other thing about a late quali is that if there are incidents it runs late and the stupid TV network will switch to the news anyway, so you miss the end.
Old 5 Mar 2016, 11:34 (Ref:3620186)   #65
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
The other thing about a late quali is that if there are incidents it runs late and the stupid TV network will switch to the news anyway, so you miss the end.
only if its on a channel thats goes to the news, ie Mate does not have the news
Old 6 Mar 2016, 00:06 (Ref:3620339)   #66
Rookie

1961 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it ain't broke don't fix it...

Leave quali where it is.

With such an early start time the teams need prep time before the race.

It's not like the 1000 which can have late qualifying because the race doesn't start until nearly lunch time.

I agree a shake-up of the supports is a good idea.

Would love to see some sort of mini-enduro for sports cars (historic, production or modern including older GTs and Radicals, or maybe open to all three?) after 12 hr quali to keep with the weekend theme.

But steer away from one-make series or another race for old Commodores.

TCM is about the only V8s support that fits that bill.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 02:09 (Ref:3620359)   #67
Mixer
Veteran

At least Commodore Cup or Saloons could put a field up, you going to have a race for all 3 radicals?
Old 6 Mar 2016, 03:46 (Ref:3620367)   #68
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
At least Commodore Cup or Saloons could put a field up, you going to have a race for all 3 radicals?

There was 4 this year

In all seriousness you could have a good race with Radicals and prototype cars like that mixed in with some older GT cars. Would be a good spectacle.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 04:52 (Ref:3620379)   #69
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
There was 4 this year

In all seriousness you could have a good race with Radicals and prototype cars like that mixed in with some older GT cars. Would be a good spectacle.
I am just not a fan of these things.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 04:54 (Ref:3620380)   #70
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I am just not a fan of these things.

Id love to drive one but they're not that interesting to watch
Old 6 Mar 2016, 11:19 (Ref:3620533)   #71
Rookie

1961 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally agree, Radicals are the first support category I'd remove.

They need to join a wider field of something else to be interesting.

Strangely enough, their races at Eastern Creek are so much better than at Bathurst.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 22:31 (Ref:3620689)   #72
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely Mr Quinn can bring his other category to the mountain?
Old 6 Mar 2016, 23:33 (Ref:3620697)   #73
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Surely Mr Quinn can bring his other category to the mountain?
I am scared thinking of then trying to go 4 wide into the dipper...

What would everybody think about f4?
Old 6 Mar 2016, 23:45 (Ref:3620704)   #74
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've seen some cracking races put on by the Aussie Racers at the mountain in the past, and they always bring big fields.

Pretty underwhelmed by F4 to date, and a small field of 15 cars around a track like Bathurst means a lot of time waiting for them to come back around again.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 23:51 (Ref:3620706)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
No matter what V8SA do with the support classes it's not going to increase crowds significantly.Also the current dates could accommodate any of the normal V8SA supports as it is a full month before Adelaide.
As I said last July at the time of the takeover if V8SA thought crowds could be grown to a near 1000 level they have zero knowledge of sports car racing.Outside Le Mans and the Nurburgring 24 hour races sports car races do not draw massive crowds.Perhaps if they think it is not worth their while they can give James back his event.
FIXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
No matter what V8SA do nobody in this thread is going to like it
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House