Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:14 (Ref:3660412)   #26
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aaaaaaand... #100 BMW off. Punted by a Porsche? Or turned into the Porsche? Your call.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:19 (Ref:3660414)   #27
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
You can't go two wide there, Porsche should/will get a penalty. Stupid driving in the first 10 minutes. Ford cut off the LMPC, as well.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:19 (Ref:3660415)   #28
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maco saying Edwards turned in on him....

I'm starting to lose interest in gtlm,seems like '12-'13 alms was its high point.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:24 (Ref:3660416)   #29
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
So I tune in to a FCY and the #100 in the tyres.

Dare I ask, what have I missed ...
At the start, one LMPC tapped another a bit of the legality wedge came off. This triggered the first yellow before we even went green (and set the tone). So then we had 3 laps of yellow go IMSA to pick up a bit of debris. Then the GT field caught the LMPC field under yellow.

Then we went green as a full pack. LMPCs had another touch and one car went off at T1. 67 Ford then went off on the same lap. Couple of laps later a Porsche (912 I think) tried to go down the inside of the BMW on the final corner and spun it into the tyres, which was another yellow.

So not a very good start.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:25 (Ref:3660417)   #30
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Maco saying Edwards turned in on him....

I'm starting to lose interest in gtlm,seems like '12-'13 alms was its high point.
Indeed. Porsche wasn't alongside enough to make that move. Porsches fault.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:27 (Ref:3660418)   #31
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well race control deemed it a racing incident......sure I guess.....912 still out turn laps while the 100 is out,what ever...
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:35 (Ref:3660419)   #32
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
FCY for #91 Porsche stall. Who pits for this one? I expect a caution fest for this one prior to the race starting.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:35 (Ref:3660420)   #33
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Carma carma carma porsche 911 dead in the water......fcy's gtlm 2/3......
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:39 (Ref:3660422)   #34
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
FCY for #91 Porsche stall. Who pits for this one? I expect a caution fest for this one prior to the race starting.
Looks like all GT cars pitted. Only 2 LMPC cars. But Shaw said GTLM only needs one more stop form this point on
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:44 (Ref:3660423)   #35
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MMA fighter interview on FOX. Seriously?
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:51 (Ref:3660425)   #36
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
PC... the "gift" that keeps on giving.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:55 (Ref:3660426)   #37
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Porsche.....
This track is worse than a street circuit. Why come here when Watkins Glen is in the area?
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:55 (Ref:3660427)   #38
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Er... is it legal to drive around the track while missing a door?
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:59 (Ref:3660430)   #39
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Er... is it legal to drive around the track while missing a door?
I'm not too hot on the word-for-word reading of IMSA's sporting rules, but if the ACO allows it (Audi R18 #9, Spa 6H 2015) then I would imagine it'd be ok in IMSA racing as well.

However, driving way off track and collecting an ad hoarding would probably be frowned upon by both bodies. Guess which class of car it was...
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:59 (Ref:3660431)   #40
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Wow. The stream keeps jumping back in time a second or two for me. Dunno why. Probably internet here I guess. Making this unwatchable.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 19:59 (Ref:3660432)   #41
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
Porsche.....
This track is worse than a street circuit. Why come here when Watkins Glen is in the area?
Judging by the crowd, it's popular enough.

Tracks fine. LMPC drivers are just a joke. I've seen BTCC races that are better than this, on smaller tracks.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3660433)   #42
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I'm not too hot on the word-for-word reading of IMSA's sporting rules, but if the ACO allows it (Audi R18 #9, Spa 6H 2015) then I would imagine it'd be ok in IMSA racing as well.

However, driving way off track and collecting an ad hoarding would probably be frowned upon by both bodies. Guess which class of car it was...
Yup... saw that. Sigh.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3660434)   #43
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Wow. The stream keeps jumping back in time a second or two for me. Dunno why. Probably internet here I guess. Making this unwatchable.
I've always gotten that with IMSA streams. It's as it changed quality.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:01 (Ref:3660435)   #44
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Me too, been doing that since I tuned in (I'm using the isolated race feed, so I'm not on the streaming page which has caused its own issues before).

So we get to see PCs screwing up 2-3x more than usual!
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:17 (Ref:3660439)   #45
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Risi Ferrari looking much better in traffic than the BMW.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:36 (Ref:3660441)   #46
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Wait, I step away for five minutes and miss another accident?

Looks like a big one, #25 & #912 both wrecked. Bamber taking a while to get out of the car, but both drivers look to be fine.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:37 (Ref:3660442)   #47
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Ouch. Big one for the pros, can't blame the PCs for that I don't think......
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:37 (Ref:3660443)   #48
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bamber still too aggressive.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:38 (Ref:3660444)   #49
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Ouch. Big one for the pros, can't blame the PCs for that I don't think......
Thats for sure. This was for sure Earl Bamber's fault.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 20:38 (Ref:3660445)   #50
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Shades of Bamber's disastrous Daytona 2015 with that move, he was barely 1/4 alongside before running over the inner kerb and taking both cars out.