Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 7 Oct 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2771046)   #1
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2011 FR3.5 Series Off-season Thread

Thought I'd get this up and running as winter testing starts on Tuesday at Barcelona, just two days after the end of the 2010 season!

This is the testing schedule for the remainder of 2010:

October 12/13 - Circuit de Catalunya
October 18/19/20 - Motorland Aragon

Here's some recent FR3.5 news I've gathered from Italiaracing.net and Stopandgo.tv
  • New team BVM-Target Racing have received their two Dallara chassis and have just completed a shakedown test at Adria, with Fabrizio Crestani doing the driving duties.
  • Mirko Bortolotti and Daniel Zampieri are due to test for BVM next week at Barcelona, while Eurocup FR2.0 driver Giovanni Venturini is due to test for Epsilon Euskadi and Lotus JR. Racing.
  • Zampieri will also test for Fortec at Barcelona and then Draco a week later at Motorland Aragon.
And according to his Twitter account, Daniel McKenzie will be testing with Fortec next week too.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 12:59 (Ref:2771955)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Good one, I suppose there'll be a mix of this years drivers who look to continue into next year and a whole host of F3 and Formula Renault 2.0 pilots having a go?
Old 9 Oct 2010, 17:06 (Ref:2772064)   #3
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would hope Dean Stoneman has a budget for a full season.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 11 Oct 2010, 09:51 (Ref:2773009)   #4
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rnd Date Venue Event
1 17 April Motorland Aragon, Spain World Series by Renault
2 1 May Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium WsbR
3 15 May Monza, Italy WTCC
4 29 May Monte Carlo, Monaco Formula 1
5 19 June Nurburgring, Germany WsbR
6 3 July Hungaroring, Hungary WsbR
7 21 August Silverstone, Great Britain WsbR
8 18 September Le Castellet, France WsbR
9 9 October Barcelona, Spain WsbR

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87411
Old 11 Oct 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2773128)   #5
viller
Rookie

Estonia
viller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know when the tests will be taking place? I have trouble finding the dates. I'm especially interested in the first test, I want to see what the lower formula guys can do :P
Old 11 Oct 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2773144)   #6
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
try the opening posts of this thread with the testing dates
Old 11 Oct 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2773348)   #7
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Draco
Stephane Richelmi - Daniel De Jong - Andre Negrao
Carlin
Jazeman Jaafar - Max Chilton
P1
Walter Grubmuller - Brendon Hartley
Tech 1
Jean Eric Vergne - Nathanael Berthon - Arthur Pic
Junior Lotus
Pierre Thiriet - Ivan Lukashevich - Giovanni Venturini
Epsilon Euskadi
Albert Costa - Giovanni Venturini - Sergio Canamasas
Comtec
Adrian Quaife Hobbs - Will Stevens
Fortec
Robert Wickens - Daniel Zampieri - Daniel McKenzie
ISR
Julian Leal - Daniil Move - Alexander Rossi
KMP
Anton Nebilitskiy - Nelson Panciatici
BVM Target
Mirko Bortolotti - Daniel Zampieri

http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=29282&cat=5
Old 11 Oct 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2773433)   #8
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
I have to say I'm pretty happy with the calendar for next year. It's a shame that Brno has been dropped, but I'm pleased that they are going back to Italy. From what I can remember, the last time they raced at Monza in 2008 it was a pretty good event with a reasonable amount of overtaking (i.e. van der Garde winning the opening race from 8th on the grid). Not sure why they have changed the venue for the French round again, but all in all it's a decent looking calendar IMO.

It's also interesting seeing the list of drivers for the Barcelona test this week. I always thought the plan for Rossi was a year of GP3 then a graduation to GP2, but maybe FR3.5 might be the way to go for him? I hope Bortolotti does well and lands a drive for next year. He's a driver I've admired since his Italian F3 days and 11th place in GP3 this year doesn't do justice to his talent IMO.

2010 was a great year for the series, and even at this early stage, 2011 looks very promising indeed. Vergne at Tech 1 Racing has to be the hot favourite for the title, but if the likes of Albert Costa and Daniel Zampieri return then they will definitely be in with a shot too. And when you add in possible drivers like Bortolotti, Rossi etc. then we have a potentially great looking grid!
Old 12 Oct 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2773661)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Interesting to see Wickens name down there?

Andre Negrao: pardon the ignorance but what's he been racing in lately?
Old 12 Oct 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2773675)   #10
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Abarth and Formula Renault Eurocup for Cram.

Ex-GP2-Driver is Xandi Negrao, don't know if they're related.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 09:55 (Ref:2773695)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
live timing's up if anyone else is seriously bored at work today after i don't know, a long weekend at barcelona and a grand total of 5 hours sleep since sunday morning

i'm interested to see how a couple of these drivers go, i think anyone who has just finished their first season this year could do a lot worse than to stick around for a second rather than ponce around at the back in gp2 for a bigger wedge of cash.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 10:04 (Ref:2773698)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
live timing's up if anyone else is seriously bored at work today after i don't know, a long weekend at barcelona and a grand total of 5 hours sleep since sunday morning

i'm interested to see how a couple of these drivers go, i think anyone who has just finished their first season this year could do a lot worse than to stick around for a second rather than ponce around at the back in gp2 for a bigger wedge of cash.
5 hours sleep since sunday monring that sounds like heaven compared to what i've been getting lately (see: matchsticks holding up eyelids).

Agreed with the second part, people like Pantiatici learnt the hard way that getting into a Durango GP2 car is a sure fire way of sending your career into reverse but then he's not done much this year in WSR?

Rossi is one I guess we're all keeping an eye on. Didn't get his GP3 form, one minute he's up there next minute he's just an also ran but is that down to the series or driver? I'm convinced he's a talent. I could see him doing good in 3.5.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2773743)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
5 hours sleep since sunday monring that sounds like heaven compared to what i've been getting lately (see: matchsticks holding up eyelids).

Agreed with the second part, people like Pantiatici learnt the hard way that getting into a Durango GP2 car is a sure fire way of sending your career into reverse but then he's not done much this year in WSR?

Rossi is one I guess we're all keeping an eye on. Didn't get his GP3 form, one minute he's up there next minute he's just an also ran but is that down to the series or driver? I'm convinced he's a talent. I could see him doing good in 3.5.
seriously, at least you don't only have yourself to blame if there's one thing rpm and the world series by renault know how to do it's put on a really good knees-up

i think albert costa is an interesting trial case for not heading to gp2 actually - he has an absolutely huge local and international fanbase, and is really popular no matter which circuit he's at. he spent a lot of time with some friends of mine at hungary, they really appreciated it and as a result they make noise about him. it's small, on the ground stuff, but that sort of guerilla and social media marketing is fairly widespread in things like the music industry. staying in a cheaper series where he can get more people there, meeting him, more guests... it's a no brainer to be honest!

as for panciatici... everything was there except the results. not having a competitive teammate is always not a good thing for a driver, and daniil move really couldn't pull any results (or towards the end of the year any pace at all) together. he could have a crack at the title next year if he gets just the right team. or win eventually aleshin default style. i think even for valsecchi 2009 at durango in gp2 was a waste of time and money - for the amount of mileage gp2 gives a young driver and the actual chance of being able to be competitive as a n00b on that lack of mileage whilst having an engineer and team able to help you put together the exact car (and the driver having enough talent) to make the most of it... well it's not worth the gamble unless you have a huge amount of cash to throw at it. and bearing in mind at least 50% of the time some part of panciatici's car was broken or failed during the practice sessions and he really didn't stand a chance. at least the world series gives you a fair crack at testing before a weekend and two decent length qualifying sessions and races to get your teeth into.

yeah, agree about rossi, though it was more difficult to tell where he's up to after a year in gp3. zampieri ran a bit hot and cold during the season we've just had (too soon to call it last season), obviously ferrari saw something in his skills apart from the fact he's italian but if he was with red bull he'd be on his own now surely.

i can't work stefano coletti out - he's clearly a quick driver, and he's suitably agressive on track as well but there's something that isn't right? something i've found interesting this year is that normally during the races, him and panciatici usually end up in around the same place despite two completely different driving styles.

if hartley can find the backing to do next season with p1 you'd absolutely have to put him at the top of the list of title contenders, and vergne has to be favourite already before the rest of the grid assembles. it's almost a shame we won't see a vergne/ricciardo title fight!
Old 12 Oct 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2773810)   #14
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Wow, Rossi has just pumped in a 1:33.660, which is almost 0.600s faster than Ricciardo's dry pole time from Saturday and a whole second faster than Brendon Hartley at the moment!
Old 12 Oct 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2773827)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
well i'm trying really really hard not to either catch the scent of a rodent or call shenanigans, but...
Old 12 Oct 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2773872)   #16
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Good perfomances from Pic,best graduate from 2.0 in each session.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2773924)   #17
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
The morning session started out wet, but gradually dried as time wore on, whilst the afternoon was dry throughout.
Quote:
Morning Session:
1 - Brendon Hartley - P1 - 1'36"623 - 28 giri
2 - Alexander Rossi - ISR - 1'36"991 - 42
3 - Daniel Zampieri - BVM Target - 1'37"080 - 27
4 - Julian Leal - ISR - 1'37"159 - 37
5 - Albert Costa - Epsilon Euskadi - 1'37"273 - 54
6 - Max Chilton - Carlin - 1'37"820 - 28
7 - Adrian Quaife Hobbs - Comtec - 1'37"885 - 32.
8 - Arthur Pic - Tech 1 - 1'37"944 - 33
9 - Nelson Panciatici - KMP - 1'37"957 - 43
10 - Andre Negrao - Draco - 1'37"971 - 50
11 - Giovanni Venturini - Epsilon Euskadi - 1'38"522 - 44
12 - Mirko Bortolotti - BVM Target - 1'38"645 - 25
13 - Robert Wickens - Fortec - 1'38"663 - 19
14 - Anton Nebilitskiy - KMP - 1'39"038 - 29.
15 - Ivan Lukashevich - Junior Lotus - 1'39"164 - 32
16 - Will Stevens - Comtec - 1'39"182 - 48
17 - Jazeman Jaafar - Carlin - 1'40"529 - 35
18 - Pierre Thiriet - Junior Lotus - 1'40"962 - 26
19 - Daniel McKenzie - Fortec - 1'43"588 - 34
20 - Stephane Richelmi - Draco - 1'55"874 - 32
21 - Jean Eric Vergne - Tech 1 - 1'57"079 - 27
22 - Walter Grubmuller - P1 - no time
Quote:
Afternoon Session:
1 - Adrian Quaife Hobbs - Comtec - 1'33"595 - 45 giri
2 - Alexander Rossi - ISR - 1'33"660 - 42
3 - Robert Wickens - Fortec - 1'33"770 - 42
4 - Walter Grubmuller - P1 - 1'34"069 - 40
5 - Julian Leal - ISR - 1'34"206 - 48
6 - Brendon Hartley - P1 - 1'34"473 - 35
7 - Arthur Pic - Tech 1 - 1'34"524 - 51.
8 - Albert Costa - Epsilon Euskadi - 1'34"625 - 23
9 - Giovanni Venturini - Epsilon Euskadi - 1'34"822 - 43
10 - Nelson Panciatici - KMP - 1'34"827 - 34
11 - Anton Nebilitskiy - KMP - 1'34"881 - 43
12 - Stephane Richelmi - Draco - 1'34"925 - 51
13 - Mirko Bortolotti - BVM Target - 1'35"062 - 41
14 - Max Chilton - Carlin - 1'35"211 - 36.
15 - Jazeman Jaafar - Carlin - 1'35"331 - 45
16 - Daniel Zampieri - BVM Target - 1'35"462 - 40
17 - Ivan Lukashevich - Junior Lotus - 1'35"816 - 44
18 - Andre Negrao - Draco - 1'35"934 - 36
19 - Will Stevens - Comtec - 1'36"218 - 47
20 - Daniel McKenzie - Fortec - 1'36"453 - 48
21 - Jean Eric Vergne - Tech 1 - 1'36"774 - 42
22 - Pierre Thiriet - Junior Lotus - 1'38"272 - 26
Old 12 Oct 2010, 19:01 (Ref:2773954)   #18
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

All WSBR categories will use FIA points system.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2774001)   #19
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Vergne only ran in the wet it seems, or why so slow?
Old 15 Oct 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2775466)   #20
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
next test session are going to be take place on Alcaniz next week and the driver list as follow:
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=29331&cat=5

most driver from F3 and F Renault(even the FR shadows car FCJ) has invited....except Asian Formula Renault and Aussie F3
Old 15 Oct 2010, 17:10 (Ref:2775477)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
that's just for the newbie session on wednesday afternoon though isn't it? it'll be interesting to see how mortara gets on! he should in theory hand everyone their arses... but it'll be even more interesting to see how korjus does.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2775491)   #22
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
It will indeed. And with the €500,000 he got for winning the Eurocup FR2.0 title, he should in theory be somewhere in FR3.5 next year.

It'll be interesting to see how Bottas does as well. I always remember his first FR3.5 test with Cram Competition a few years ago (late 2007 IIRC). He stepped into the car with little more than a season's experience in the FR2.0 Northern European Cup and blew everyone away. He's had two seasons in the F3 Euroseries now so I imagine he will want to step up a level next year, hopefully to FR3.5.

How ironic it must be for Marco Barba. Races for Draco for two years, steps back down to F3 and dominates the European F3 Open season, receives a prize test and who is he placed with...
Old 15 Oct 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2775515)   #23
viller
Rookie

Estonia
viller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Korjus said he's still deciding between F3 and WSR. AFAIK he only gets the money when he joins FR3.5. Considering the difficulty that Estonians have with funds it would sound reasonable to go the FR3.5 route :P
Old 15 Oct 2010, 19:53 (Ref:2775539)   #24
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think some of the drivers might actually forgo the test as it clashes with GP3 at Jerez.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2775554)   #25
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Brendon Hartley seems to getting along fine with P1:
Code:
Tuesday times
Pos Driver                 Team             Time
 1. Adrian Quaife-Hobbs    Comtec           1m33.595
 2. Alexander Rossi        ISR              1m33.660
 3. Robert Wickens         Fortec           1m33.770
 4. Walter Grubmuller      P1               1m34.069
 5. Julian Leal            ISR              1m34.206
 6. Brendon Hartley        P1               1m34.473
 7. Arthur Pic             Tech 1           1m34.524
 8. Albert Costa           Epsilon          1m34.625