Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Nov 2011, 12:08 (Ref:2981419)   #51
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettersson View Post
Aren't the GT cars i Grand Am also silhuettes? Like the Speedsource RX-8, Turner BMW's and the Camaro's. I saw a tech review of the RX-8 and it was not a production based car at all. But they do look really nice, with the correct shapes and proportions.
The only production based GT cars in Grand Am are the Porsches and Ferraris
Old 4 Nov 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2981420)   #52
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
The car sounds and drives quite nice, but I worry for the on-track product. Still haven't seen mid-engined silhouettes proven in that respect. Didn't work in France and the closest parallell - Megane Trophy - is pretty docile. They say the cars will be low downforce but as of yet I'm sceptical.
It's mid engined?
Old 4 Nov 2011, 14:51 (Ref:2981486)   #53
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
The only production based GT cars in Grand Am are the Porsches and Ferraris
And Whelen's and Gigliotti's Corvettes.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2989787)   #54
pi0ter
Rookie

Poland
Poland
pi0ter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know anything new about teams and drivers? Any non-Swedish drivers tipped for the series? I wonder if Turkington is going to continue with Flash? To me it seems like he’s looking for a seat in WTCC or BTCC and treats TTA/SRL like a plan B.

Entries confirmed so far:
Jan "Flash" Nilsson (Flash Engineering)
Richard Göransson (WestCoast Racing)
Martin Öhlin (WestCoast Racing)
Fredrik Ekblom (Volvo Polestar Racing)
Thed Björk
Linus Ohlsson (Team Tidö)
Old 24 Dec 2011, 09:20 (Ref:3003841)   #55
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So this thread hasn't had a post for over a month, Is TTA still going ahead?
Old 24 Dec 2011, 12:29 (Ref:3003890)   #56
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Summary of 2012 teams, drivers, events and support classes posted on TTA website just two days ago: http://ttagroup.se/2011/12/22/strong...ahead-of-2012/
Old 9 Jan 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3009333)   #57
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of people backpeddling on what they've said previously now that a better deal has arrived. Stureson goes back to STCC, and now Mattias signs with Flash. Bit of a shame since I would have liked to see the Alfa for another year (really nice car). Maybe he got tired of STCC having the picture of his engine fire from the finale as the one constant on the site since October. Just one spot left at FEAB then, which should be the second Tidö car.
Old 9 Jan 2012, 13:00 (Ref:3009343)   #58
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I didn't know he has driven Indy Lights.

Whey do they show the first photos of the new cars?
Old 9 Jan 2012, 14:34 (Ref:3009376)   #59
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great for Mattias, time to show what he really can do now. But he will be missed by STCC fans.

I think this month will be full of new reveals, from both sides (TTA and STCC). But I have a feeling that TTA will have more news.

It's also looks like the BMW cars in TTA won't have BMW badges, but the silhouette will look like a BMW. Apparently that's what a source from BMW Sweden said at the Sweden World Rally Team press conference with MINI WRC today. Not sure what that really means for the championship (if any?), but TTA doesn't seem to have much manufacturer support other than Volvo at the moment. But there might be news this month that change those facts.
Old 9 Jan 2012, 14:58 (Ref:3009378)   #60
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettersson View Post
Great for Mattias, time to show what he really can do now. But he will be missed by STCC fans.

I think this month will be full of new reveals, from both sides (TTA and STCC). But I have a feeling that TTA will have more news.

It's also looks like the BMW cars in TTA won't have BMW badges, but the silhouette will look like a BMW. Apparently that's what a source from BMW Sweden said at the Sweden World Rally Team press conference with MINI WRC today. Not sure what that really means for the championship (if any?), but TTA doesn't seem to have much manufacturer support other than Volvo at the moment. But there might be news this month that change those facts.
No manufactourer in their right mind should really be supporting a TTA team . The cars are made by Solution F and bar the cover are all the same... How can a manufactourer get any marketing value out ?
Old 10 Jan 2012, 10:07 (Ref:3009744)   #61
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Brazilian Stock Cars, NASCAR come to mind ;-).
Old 15 Jan 2012, 22:22 (Ref:3012089)   #62
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee, I wonder where I've seen the rear wing before...
Old 28 Jan 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3018212)   #63
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a few pictures of a TTA Citroen http://www.clubfoto.se/motorsport/ra...2/citroen#44-9

Looks a lot better than the test car!

No confirmation which team will be running these yet AFAIK, but the general opinion seems to be Brovallen.
Old 28 Jan 2012, 16:41 (Ref:3018224)   #64
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Here's a few pictures of a TTA Citroen http://www.clubfoto.se/motorsport/ra...2/citroen#44-9

Looks a lot better than the test car!

No confirmation which team will be running these yet AFAIK, but the general opinion seems to be Brovallen.
Thanks for the share. The car looks fantastic! Low, wide and rather menacing. Only question is, do Citroen still make the C5? (The C5 has been around for at least 4-5 years now?)
Old 28 Jan 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3018232)   #65
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Looks a lot like the cars from Stockcar Brazil, doesn't it?

I like it, though.
Old 28 Jan 2012, 17:05 (Ref:3018235)   #66
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Looks indeed much better (even better as current and new DTM cars).
Don't like the swan neck wings.
Isn't the front spoiler vulnerable for contact?

So Citroen enters in TTA.
Old 28 Jan 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3018240)   #67
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
According to this article http://www.teknikensvarld.se/2012/01...rien-i-racing/ it's indeed Brovallen and it also claims that part of the reason for Citroens interest in the series is due to plans of switching to 1.6l turbo engines in the future.
Old 28 Jan 2012, 18:09 (Ref:3018252)   #68
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Wow, this came really out of nowhere. So it's 2-2 in terms of manufacturers support. Although I wonder why TTA bothers to use 3.0l V6s, only to switch to 1.6l turbos next year. I mean, both BMW and Volvo have 1.6l turbos, and might have sold them to privateers.

I also notice the Hankook tires. Are they using the same tires, which DTM already uses?
Old 28 Jan 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3018253)   #69
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Wow, this came really out of nowhere. So it's 2-2 in terms of manufacturers support. Although I wonder why TTA bothers to use 3.0l V6s, only to switch to 1.6l turbos next year. I mean, both BMW and Volvo have 1.6l turbos, and might have sold them to privateers.
2-4 - Volvo/Citroën vs Chevy/VW/Honda/SEAT. I'll wait for a press release to see how big the support is - full on or the SEAT "endorsement". Love that they're showing the car with no press release along with it, high level PR stuff there.
Old 28 Jan 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3018256)   #70
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post

I also notice the Hankook tires. Are they using the same tires, which DTM already uses?
I assume it will be a single spec engine like the current 3L V6.
Old 28 Jan 2012, 21:56 (Ref:3018327)   #71
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like that Citroen. That's a bit more realistic looking than the testcar.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 15:32 (Ref:3018535)   #72
myfrontpage
Rookie

myfrontpage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very nice looking car and a lot less 'generic' than the pictures of the test cars I've seen. Totally agree with FIRE about the front spoiler, sticks out a bit and I can see a fair few of those being damaged if the racing is close enough
Old 29 Jan 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3018546)   #73
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfrontpage View Post
Very nice looking car and a lot less 'generic' than the pictures of the test cars I've seen. Totally agree with FIRE about the front spoiler, sticks out a bit and I can see a fair few of those being damaged if the racing is close enough
Might force cleaner racing which IMHO is a good thing.
Old 29 Jan 2012, 20:48 (Ref:3018614)   #74
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Might force cleaner racing which IMHO is a good thing.
Or it might backfire, and we really have something like DTM.
Old 30 Jan 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3018808)   #75
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
At Touringcartimes there are 2 photos which give a better looks on the full car. On these the front wing looks less vulnerable.