Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 7 Apr 2002, 18:48 (Ref:254322)   #1
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1981 Sports 2000

Does anybody have/know anywhere where I can get the full results of the 1981 Sports 2000 season? Pictures would also be great!
Old 21 May 2002, 11:04 (Ref:291300)   #2
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just thought I'd try and bring this one up again.
Old 21 May 2002, 13:58 (Ref:291524)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I recall a gentleman who goes by the name of "Fluxie" appeared in that Championship.
Old 22 May 2002, 09:22 (Ref:292315)   #4
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes...Ian Flux Pete. 81 was before my marshalling years so I cant add anything really. Even later in the decade when I did see Sports 2000, I found it rather boring really. The cars went round like they were on rails lap after lap. The only interesting thing I can remember was at Stowe one year when 2 touched on the approach. The body work got so airborne it cleared the height of the grandstand. John Higgins, the Chief I/O at the time sent a rescue vehicle down straight away as he assumed, from all the bits flying around, that there had been a massive shunt! Both cars continued without much damage but pretty naked!

Chris
Old 22 May 2002, 11:33 (Ref:292428)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had the same opinion although I understand that the new series as run by the 750MC is giving a bit more entertainment.

I think they started the championship as a feeder into sports cars (Group C) but then that died due to growing manufacturer interest and lack of same from the FIA.