Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Mar 2016, 00:14 (Ref:3618892)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Tidying up the 2016 cars...

So i've had a little play about with some of this year's cars in an attempt to make them slightly more aethetically pleasing.

Here's a few of them (they're nowhere near perfect...)

*Ferrari without the horrid nose appendage
*Williams minus horrid nose appendage
*Red Bull widened, with bigger rear tyres, minus nose appendage, minus vanes, wider rear wing, and narrow front wing (pretty crudely done)

Selby
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled-1.jpg   vett-ferr-cata-2016-3.png   Untitled-2.jpg  

Old 1 Mar 2016, 00:37 (Ref:3618899)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tidying up the cars is easy, get rid of toast rack turning veins and strakes from the "horizontal" surfaces.
And front wings must have less blades than my razor
Old 1 Mar 2016, 08:28 (Ref:3618943)   #3
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
These photoshops are certainly an improvement on the new cars, but realistically, they're still far uglier than any other form of motorsport. I know its not about looks, but F1 has gotten properly hideous recently.
Old 1 Mar 2016, 14:00 (Ref:3619019)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Here's the "new" Toro Rosso livery, but in black (in an attempt to make it not look identical to the RB)

Selby
Attached Thumbnails
tr2016black.jpg  
Old 1 Mar 2016, 14:14 (Ref:3619022)   #5
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
And a couple more livery options...

I particularly like the black & black, personally!

Selby
Attached Thumbnails
tr206blackblack.jpg   tr2016blue.jpg  
Old 1 Mar 2016, 14:52 (Ref:3619026)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Here's the "new" Toro Rosso livery, but in black (in an attempt to make it not look identical to the RB)

Selby
A distinct lack of Yellow, where as the RB has more than previous years
Old 1 Mar 2016, 14:56 (Ref:3619027)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I just don't think that's going to show during broadcasts... Would love something slightly more distinctive!

Anyway, cheap plug, but i'm doing many more of these F1 edits (old and new) over on Instagram, if anyone's interested: 'f1edits'

Selby
Old 1 Mar 2016, 15:37 (Ref:3619034)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let's see them with wider rear tyres like the old days and no winglet on the sidepod
Old 1 Mar 2016, 18:43 (Ref:3619061)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Let's see them with wider rear tyres like the old days and no winglet on the sidepod
I tried that on my RB picture

Selby
Old 2 Mar 2016, 07:48 (Ref:3619198)   #10
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
There Haas cleaned it up quite nicely

Old 2 Mar 2016, 19:21 (Ref:3619380)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
There Haas cleaned it up quite nicely

Lol... This is the best comment on the subject !
Old 2 Mar 2016, 22:34 (Ref:3619434)   #12
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
These photoshops are certainly an improvement on the new cars, but realistically, they're still far uglier than any other form of motorsport. I know its not about looks, but F1 has gotten properly hideous recently.
It got properly hideous about twenty years ago.
Old 3 Mar 2016, 07:25 (Ref:3619490)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
It got properly hideous about twenty years ago.
Yep, the pre-1998 cars were the best looking overall. After they went to 1800mm and grooved tyres, they all went massively downhill in the looks dept.
Old 3 Mar 2016, 16:04 (Ref:3619566)   #14
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To each, their own but, for me, it all started to go downhill after the Lotus 16, as far as appearance is concerned.
For variety, the return of power in '66 started the slow change to a formula, formula.

But wings properly b@88ered it.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 00:19 (Ref:3619718)   #15
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post
To each, their own but, for me, it all started to go downhill after the Lotus 16, as far as appearance is concerned.
For variety, the return of power in '66 started the slow change to a formula, formula.

Boy are you right!

Pure racing cars!

For me I think this was the high point, Lotus 49.

Old 4 Mar 2016, 05:09 (Ref:3619781)   #16
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Can we just make this the standard body shape and everyone can fit and fiddle with their engine as much as they like.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 07:41 (Ref:3619811)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post

Can we just make this the standard body shape and everyone can fit and fiddle with their engine as much as they like.
Oh dear!!

The '95 Ferrari,'91 Jordan or '92 Lotus would be nice bases to work from. Can anyone stick a couple of pics up ton remind us please?
Old 4 Mar 2016, 12:34 (Ref:3619871)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wouldn't that be making F1 into NASCAR though?
Old 5 Mar 2016, 07:24 (Ref:3620126)   #19
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Oh dear!!

The '95 Ferrari,'91 Jordan or '92 Lotus would be nice bases to work from. Can anyone stick a couple of pics up ton remind us please?
Sorry, far too many wings, especially forward of the front wheels.

Quote:
Wouldn't that be making F1 into NASCAR though?
Convergent aero evolution and tecnical regulations have already made F1 like NASCAR.

Just formalise it and reduce aero costs by several hundred million per team per year, which can in turn be spent on engines, motors and batteries.
Old 5 Mar 2016, 23:14 (Ref:3620316)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

I agree with you that it would be nice to see more mechanical innovation, these days it's only really aero that's innovative
Old 5 Mar 2016, 23:19 (Ref:3620320)   #21
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
I agree with you that it would be nice to see more mechanical innovation, these days it's only really aero that's innovative
Currently the difference is in the PUs, but then you are still not really even allowed to fix them ...
Old 5 Mar 2016, 23:29 (Ref:3620325)   #22
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Sorry, far too many wings, especially forward of the front wheels.

Convergent aero evolution and tecnical regulations have already made F1 like NASCAR.

Just formalise it and reduce aero costs by several hundred million per team per year, which can in turn be spent on engines, motors and batteries.
Specially for you DSG, Williams FW08B

Old 5 Mar 2016, 23:43 (Ref:3620333)   #23
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrumpet View Post

Yes, I must agree. To see a car drifting through a corner teetering on opposite lock and the edge of adhesion all held together by the driver's skills is truly an awesome thing. Well you can forget that as it is not going to happen.
Old 6 Mar 2016, 19:33 (Ref:3620601)   #24
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Specially for you DSG, Williams FW08B

Although the Williams FW08B was very unconventional, it more looks like a proper racing car than the ones Formula One currently produces.