Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 18 Mar 2016, 11:01 (Ref:3623831)   #26
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
he was quicker than you in P1; quicker than everyone in fact.
Still an idiot though lol
Old 18 Mar 2016, 11:29 (Ref:3623837)   #27
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Wanting them to have more character is in a different category than saying partying and so on will corrode a given drivers edge.

I don't want to give an easy answer here but it's down to the person involved. Some lose focus, partying, others don't. Hamilton is of the latter category - although that may change as the years progress and he gets older and perhaps more tired of the sport.

I think Hamilton tries to be the lad, tries a bit too hard to be a Hunt 2.0 but doesn't quite pull it off without occasionally looking silly. But what he has succeeded at, is collecting a bunch of titles and his "brand" and so on, pleases sponsors despite the occasional antics.

In short, Hamilton has nothing serious to worry about,.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 12:18 (Ref:3623844)   #28
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don't think a racer needs to "try" to be a lad. it's very easy to be a lad. he just needs to take his pick from the stunning young women who make themselves available to him during the course of his daily life...

ps. i like his sense of style. his stylist, whoever it is, is having fun with him and it shows.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 15:00 (Ref:3623874)   #29
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Still an idiot though lol
like Lewis worries about your opinion - or mine for that matter ROFLMAO
Old 18 Mar 2016, 15:10 (Ref:3623876)   #30
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's one thing to have a glamorous lifestyle (which I don't really fault him for), but it's quite another thing to act like a complete idiot.
Lewis apparently has been, and continues to do a lot of the latter.

At the very least, his sense of style, or lack thereof rather, never fails to make me laugh.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 16:53 (Ref:3623903)   #31
Bakemono
Rookie

United States
Columbus, OH
Bakemono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seemed to work out for James Hunt, why not Lewis? Personally, I cant stand Lewis and I hope youre right but I wouldnt get too worked up about him living the life and having a little fun during the offseason.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 16:58 (Ref:3623904)   #32
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe of far greater importance is the fact that, although Hamilton is often critical of new rules and regulations, he fails to attend many of the meetings that the FIA arrange to discuss sporting and technical matters. Charlie Whiting reports that he was invited as a driver's representative to be at a meeting that was held in Barcelona during the testing weeks earlier this year, but that he didn't turn up.

I feel certain that Mercedes could have easily dispensed with his services so that he could attend, especially as the meeting took place whilst the track was closed at the end of the day.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 17:16 (Ref:3623909)   #33
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
It's one thing to have a glamorous lifestyle (which I don't really fault him for), but it's quite another thing to act like a complete idiot.
Lewis apparently has been, and continues to do a lot of the latter.

At the very least, his sense of style, or lack thereof rather, never fails to make me laugh.
...and what credentials do you posses to be able to accurately judge someones style?

Dude dresses better than all of us.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 18:10 (Ref:3623925)   #34
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Style encompasses more then dress sense....class would have been a better choice of word.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 18:13 (Ref:3623927)   #35
fredd1
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Maybe of far greater importance is the fact that, although Hamilton is often critical of new rules and regulations, he fails to attend many of the meetings that the FIA arrange to discuss sporting and technical matters. Charlie Whiting reports that he was invited as a driver's representative to be at a meeting that was held in Barcelona during the testing weeks earlier this year, but that he didn't turn up.

I feel certain that Mercedes could have easily dispensed with his services so that he could attend, especially as the meeting took place whilst the track was closed at the end of the day.
Fair call. BUT, Whiting's indulging in snake talk. The mind is made up before he goes into talkies, so no matter what is raised he will push Bernies bidding.
Critical of Lewis on many fronts but can't fault him for this.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 18:44 (Ref:3623941)   #36
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd1 View Post
Fair call. BUT, Whiting's indulging in snake talk. The mind is made up before he goes into talkies, so no matter what is raised he will push Bernies bidding.
Critical of Lewis on many fronts but can't fault him for this.
The point that Charlie Whiting is making is that it's all very well Hamilton criticising all the new things, but if he can't be *rsed to go to meetings to put his ideas forth and attempt to mould the future of F1, then he shouldn't complain. I hold the same point of view about people who constantly moan about their politicians and laws that are passed by them, but never bother to actually vote in any elections.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 21:45 (Ref:3624003)   #37
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
...and what credentials do you posses to be able to accurately judge someones style?

Are you serious?!
Old 18 Mar 2016, 22:34 (Ref:3624018)   #38
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
like Lewis worries about your opinion - or mine for that matter ROFLMAO
The sookiest of all F1 drivers on the grid. He's a cry baby when things don't go his way.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 22:37 (Ref:3624021)   #39
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:

Are you serious?!
WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE!!!!?????
Old 18 Mar 2016, 22:39 (Ref:3624024)   #40
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The sookiest of all F1 drivers on the grid. He's a cry baby when things don't go his way.
I know fans like that.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 22:42 (Ref:3624026)   #41
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I know fans like that.
Yup. Liverpool fans. I hear ya brother LMAO!
Old 18 Mar 2016, 23:08 (Ref:3624031)   #42
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
MC Hammer as the stylist.

Anyway, Mike makes a brilliant point about the meetings. But I suppose meetings and talking wouldn't be rebellious enough. It's far cooler to moan on Twitter afterwards. #rebel #selfie
Old 18 Mar 2016, 23:19 (Ref:3624035)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yup. Liverpool fans. I hear ya brother LMAO!
I'd assumed you were an Everton fan
Old 18 Mar 2016, 23:33 (Ref:3624038)   #44
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Thanks for the laugh!
Old 18 Mar 2016, 23:56 (Ref:3624040)   #45
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Are you serious?!
This dude's guide dog bit the bloke who sold him these threads!
Old 19 Mar 2016, 00:24 (Ref:3624043)   #46
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Attending a meeting with a predetermined outcome, that you are just there to legitimise and have no input into and not allowed to talk about or criticise publically, seems to be the definition of a pointless waste of time.
Not surprised Lewis couldn't be bothered!
Old 19 Mar 2016, 00:46 (Ref:3624048)   #47
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I'd assumed you were an Everton fan
Barcelona baby!
Old 19 Mar 2016, 04:34 (Ref:3624091)   #48
fredd1
Racer

Quote:
The point that Charlie Whiting is making is that it's all very well Hamilton criticising all the new things, but if he can't be *rsed to go to meetings to put his ideas forth and attempt to mould the future of F1, then he shouldn't complain. I hold the same point of view about people who constantly moan about their politicians and laws that are passed by them, but never bother to actually vote in any elections.
Nope. Too simplistic.
Old 19 Mar 2016, 04:35 (Ref:3624092)   #49
fredd1
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Attending a meeting with a predetermined outcome, that you are just there to legitimise and have no input into and not allowed to talk about or criticise publically, seems to be the definition of a pointless waste of time.
Not surprised Lewis couldn't be bothered!
Absolutely.
Old 19 Mar 2016, 08:21 (Ref:3624148)   #50
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the eye glasses real, or "decorative"? If they're fake that's the last nail on the coffin for me. Pure ****!
Closed Thread