Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Apr 2007, 15:06 (Ref:1889770)   #1
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Insightful article on Kubica, details of first two races quali etc

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?T...al&PO_ID=38940

This is worth a read, a short but very good look at the tiny factors that end up leading to the perception of a driver by the casual fan. Touches on the multitude of factors that a driver in F1 has to deal with, especially the negative stuff that snowballs into more. If I was him (if the writer of this aricle has his or her facts right that is) I would be royally p'd off at the team for the two quali timing errors, they have to get their act together for this as the consequences really are damning to a driver.

good last sentence about the probability factor.

cheers
Old 12 Apr 2007, 21:50 (Ref:1890039)   #2
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you for that link.

I think
Robert was unlucky, however he made a 1 mistake:

Collission with Heidfeld
Old 13 Apr 2007, 03:10 (Ref:1890145)   #3
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
its interesting to see that again (since the race i mean) in that while yes, he put his car somewhat into Heidfelds car, from this pt of view in the video, it does appear that Heidfeld did have ample room and Kubica was holding station and NH seems to turn in on him where he could have not jinked so quickly to the right to set up for the next left hander.
Makes it look less of a bone head move on Kubicas part and more of NH either not being aware he was inside him a bit or perhaps a bit of a "don't crowd me" message. First corner and I'm more of the view that NH was simply concentrating on what was infront of him, so I guess Kubica should have tried to be back just a smidge---what am I saying, its the first turn, he's got someone on his rear and couldn't afford to lose momentum, it was just one of those things.

My opinion anyway

jindobré (spelling?)
Old 13 Apr 2007, 09:04 (Ref:1890255)   #4
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...13083509.shtml

bit of tension at BMW perhaps -

"Just give me a reliable car and I will deliver the results," he said. "In Malaysia I was the only one who could be close to the pace of McLaren and Ferrari until qualifying, when our problems began." (Kubica)

I agree he had nothing to apologize for - at worst it was just one of those things.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 09:17 (Ref:1890259)   #5
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jindobré (spelling is very close to the ideal)

I also didn't know what to think about that collision.

I remember from my days in karting that a driver behind was usually responsible for the incident. But here they have mirrors.

Regarding "don't crowd me" message - I had a same feeling when I watched that.

I think that with the current car Robert either finish at a high position or he won't finish or be crawling at the end - all depends on the tactics and reliability.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 10:26 (Ref:1890299)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Indeed it is difficult for any bystander like ourselves to know the full picture, which skewers our perception. It seems I offended Anthony Davidson´s dad (Rennen) a bit in that thread about team mate stats the other day. (Perhaps he was not quite as annoyed as it came across- the tone can easily be lost on a forum, where text is not wholly the written wor; in effect it´s partly the spoken word transcribed into text.)

I said that I don´t see much evidence (yet) that Anthony is as good as Jenson Button (karting contemporaries of each other, who I believe were more or less equal at times. That said, karting is karting. F1 is F1. Some people get to grips with one better than the other) My reasoning was that Davidson doesn´t seem to have quite matched Sato in my view yet at Super Aguri, despite the car being highly similar to last year´s Honda which Davidson has extensive experience of. And I don´t know how similar because Super Aguri keep denying it´s the same, whilst others say it´s basically identical bar the updates to make it meet 2007 regulations.

And all this is in light of Sato being thrashedby Button at BAR. I did point out that there are a lot of facts that I don´t have at my disposal though in fairness.

However if we weren´t to speculate about anything, wouldn´t the forum be a bit dead?
Old 13 Apr 2007, 13:30 (Ref:1890439)   #7
amier
Racer

amier has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Yeah shame about Davidson, But I still think Button can be as good as the current top 4 if given the car.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 13:55 (Ref:1890459)   #8
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think a lot of the problem is the overreporting of every little detail in F1. I didn't feel that Kubica was doing anything poorly this year. There have only been two races and he was about the same as his teammate.

As for the significance of minor car touching, look back 10 years ago. Cars crashed out all the time. Now it only occurs at the starts. I don't think the drivers have improved that much, it's just that the pressure has been increased and the teams would rather lose positions than crash.

Last edited by Snrub; 13 Apr 2007 at 13:58.
Old 14 Apr 2007, 03:33 (Ref:1890823)   #9
djb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by koper
jindobré (spelling is very close to the ideal)

jincuya (spelling?) there, I'm at my limit--there used to be a bakery near my work with some Polish ladies who taught me the two words, I can say them pretty well but thats it!

Regarding "don't crowd me" message - I had a same feeling when I watched that.--kinda makes sense when there's competition.
In any case, I wish Kubica well, you've gotta like the guy for the fact that he came into F1 and was fast right off. Having new fast guys in the picture makes the races something to look forward to doesn't it?

cheers
Old 14 Apr 2007, 09:17 (Ref:1890921)   #10
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
I think a lot of the problem is the overreporting of every little detail in F1. I didn't feel that Kubica was doing anything poorly this year. There have only been two races and he was about the same as his teammate.

As for the significance of minor car touching, look back 10 years ago. Cars crashed out all the time. Now it only occurs at the starts. I don't think the drivers have improved that much, it's just that the pressure has been increased and the teams would rather lose positions than crash.
About overreporting/overanalyzing, true. Sometimes, **** happens.